• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fulham spent a £100m last season and look what happened to them. If bright player is available at the right price then I trust us to get that player. But I'm happy to bide time till then

Agree - I expect another challenge for the league title but can't see us winning it.

Relying heavily on injury prone players to remain fit - Clyne (already out for 9 months), Lallana, Keita, Ox etc.

We should have shipped out Clyne, Lallana & Mignolet by now - can't see why we are keeping them.
I believe Klopp said 6 months in another interview .. and it's not a 'bad' ACL injury.

"Clyney himself thought it was a knock at the time," said Klopp. "Nothing else. It looked a normal situation.
"Of all the injuries you can get, ACL is the one you don't want. But if you are going to get an ACL, he has the best one to be honest.
"His is isolated, it's not 100% ruptured, but he will need surgery and it will take time. I don't think it will have a big influence on his career, but it's not a good moment for the player or for us as a team.
"You can prepare as much as you want but there are always problems. This is one of them.

I believe Klopp said 6 months in another interview .. and it's not a 'bad' ACL injury.

"Clyney himself thought it was a knock at the time," said Klopp. "Nothing else. It looked a normal situation.
"Of all the injuries you can get, ACL is the one you don't want. But if you are going to get an ACL, he has the best one to be honest.
"His is isolated, it's not 100% ruptured, but he will need surgery and it will take time. I don't think it will have a big influence on his career, but it's not a good moment for the player or for us as a team.
"You can prepare as much as you want but there are always problems. This is one of them.

Either way, he's unlikely to play for us again.

Klopp on Bale and Transfers :

"Bale is a Real Madrid player and if he leaves it will be outstandingly expensive and big wages. "He is an outstanding player, I like him a lot but it is not about him. You have to create a team. A team is not a collection of the best individual players, they have to work together.

"Liverpool is a long-term project. The team is really good. Will there be difficult situations? Probably. There would be if we bring in a new player, or two or three. I didn't say we won't do anything, it is going to be a big window for sure but people don't think about the people who are already in. "Sometimes you have to calm the situation down, pay your bills, have a normal life and live in the house before you build a new one."

It's hardly "bunch of fannies", Klopp has explicitly stated we can't spend much money this summer, and we won't.

So even if he wanted M'Bappe, or Coutinho or whoever, he can't buy them.

When you want to negotiate do you tell people how much money you have to spend on worldwide media?
"I'l looking for a new car."
"Well, you've come to the right place!"
"Great, because I have £20,000 to spend!"
*Twirls moustache "Come this way, sir...."

When you want to negotiate do you tell people how much money you have to spend on worldwide media?
"I'l looking for a new car."
"Well, you've come to the right place!"
"Great, because I have £20,000 to spend!"
*Twirls moustache "Come this way, sir...."

Ah, smokescreen and media obfuscation in order to aid top-secret negotiations that definitely are happening behind the scenes. I see.

Klopp on Bale and Transfers :

"Bale is a Real Madrid player and if he leaves it will be outstandingly expensive and big wages. "He is an outstanding player, I like him a lot but it is not about him. You have to create a team. A team is not a collection of the best individual players, they have to work together.

"Liverpool is a long-term project. The team is really good. Will there be difficult situations? Probably. There would be if we bring in a new player, or two or three. I didn't say we won't do anything, it is going to be a big window for sure but people don't think about the people who are already in. "Sometimes you have to calm the situation down, pay your bills, have a normal life and live in the house before you build a new one."

"Pay your bills".? Sounds like FSG need a year without lavish expenditure!

Werner stated yesterday that the next stage of Anfields development will be more substancial than previously mentioned and the agreed plans will be allowed to expire as they are insufficient to meet our needs.

Perhaps money he being put aside for that?

It's hardly "bunch of fannies", Klopp has explicitly stated we can't spend much money this summer, and we won't.

So even if he wanted M'Bappe, or Coutinho or whoever, he can't buy them.

Hasn’t he said we can’t spend £200m every window?

That’s a little different.

There’s money there to spend on the right player if we need to - we’re in the same territory as City where last season - we’ll go for the odd £40-60m player if they’re the right player for our needs.

When the man who has masterminded a team to amass 97 points and win the CL keeps saying we don't need more players, then do you trust him when he says that and relax or doubt him and worry?
Look I get it - Klopp's great and we all love him, but there is also another side to this:

1) We don't actually have enough quality to go all out in each competition.
2) As a few others have pointed out - we were very lucky that our front 3 along with VVD/Robo, managed to stay the course without serious injury last season.
3) We were still running pretty thin in midfield at certain points last season where we were stuck with our three from the season before - Mili, Hendo, Gini - the not so fab 3 combination in midfield.

Yes Klopp - finds solutions, but some of our players are not suited for the backup positions they are supposed to provide - I mean Gomez is prone to injury when you want him to cover LB/RB. Lallana is a joke when it comes reliability, and Milner could at any point find age has decided to call time on his dynamism - it is that risk. We need to be in a position to compete in all competitions regardless of their worth. So no - the evidence over the time that Klopp has been here - is that injuries are quite common given his style of team play, level of running and effort required. We don't win shit easy like Man City do where they make the ball do the talking. All our midfield have to be on overdrive for most games.

Hasn’t he said we can’t spend £200m every window?

That’s a little different.

There’s money there to spend on the right player if we need to - we’re in the same territory as City where last season - we’ll go for the odd £40-60m player if they’re the right player for our needs.
I'd be comforted by this if we were actually linked with any. Everything so far points to nothing happening, but let's see.

I'd be comforted by this if we were actually linked with any. Everything so far points to nothing happening, but let's see.

Which suggests the players he wants aren’t attainable without significantly over-paying.

Possibly.

Real Madrid have made an offer to Ajax's Donny Van de Beek as they continue to weigh up various options in case the move to sign Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba fails to happen.
Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane has made it clear to club bosses that his preferred option is Frenchman Pogba, however executives at the Bernabéu are known to prefer Tottenham's Eriksen - that move appears to have ground to a halt however, despite Danish outlet Fyens reporting that the player was looking for a house in the Spanish capital.

Real Madrid keeping midfield options open with Van de Beek offer

Despite chasing Pogba and Eriksen, Real Madrid are keeping their options open with their offer to Van de Beek, one of the footballers who burst onto the scene with Ajax this season, as they knocked Real Madrid out of the Champions League and came incredibly close to making it to the final of the tournament.
Eight offers for Van de Beek

According to sources consulted by this newspaper, the 22-year-old midfielder has already had eight offers from top European clubs, among them the one from Real Madrid. Van de Beek and his inner circle have however expressed reservations about a move to Madrid because it's not clear he would be a guaranteed starter under Zidane, something several other clubs are offering. Modric, Kroos and Casemiro have been fixtures in the side over the past few years and it's not clear Van de Beek would get straight in.
The player has however done his homework and discussed Real Madrid in depth with Sneijder, who was at the Bernabéu from 2007 to 2009, when the two were on holiday at the same time in Ibiza recently.
Real Madrid's Plan C

From Real Madrid's point of view, Van de Beek would be the cheapest option for the midfield. Man Utd have said that Pogba is non-transferable (meaning in reality an eye-watering price), while Tottenham are determined to get close to €100 million for Eriksen, even though he's only got a year left on his contract. Ajax on the other hand accept their condition as a selling club, as they've shown this summer.
While the Dutch club have their coffers full to the brim after selling De Jong (€86 million to Barça) and are about to bank close to €70 million for De Ligt, the Ajax philosophy is not to try and hold onto players who want to progress their careers away from the club. Van de Beek would likely be valued at somewhere between 50 and 60 million, making him the cheapest option for Madrid. However, the operation will depend on what happens with Pogba and if Van de Beek is willing to wait to see how the transfer saga with the Frenchman plays out, knowing he's really Madrid's third option.

If (I'm not sure he would be, but if) Heaton's OK with a back-up role, I'd be all over this. Excellent keeper and the right type of individual to have around the club.

Agreed. I was all for keeping him in the squad but after another howler from Ming I think the writing is on the wall - he's gotta go.

According to sources consulted by this newspaper, the 22-year-old midfielder has already had eight offers from top European clubs, among them the one from Real Madrid.

Let's try to guess all 8:
Spain – Real Madrid
England – Spurs, Liverpool, United, Everton, possibly Newcastle
Germany – Bayern
Italy – probably Juve and maybe one more

Rumors are that he wants to move to the EPL and Spurs and United are his top 2 choices (probably because of playing time guarantees). If so, he'll have to wait pretty much until the deadline day to see how the transfer sagas of Eriksen, Pogba and Bruno Fernandes would affect him.

Let's try to guess all 8:
Spain – Real Madrid
England – Spurs, Liverpool, United, Everton, possibly Newcastle
Germany – Bayern
Italy – probably Juve and maybe one more

Rumors are that he wants to move to the EPL and Spurs and United are his top 2 choices (probably because of playing time guarantees). If so, he'll have to wait pretty much until the deadline day to see how the transfer sagas of Eriksen, Pogba and Bruno Fernandes would affect him.

United, Liverpool, Napoli, and Inter are the four teams mentioned on GOAL.com.

If (I'm not sure he would be, but if) Heaton's OK with a back-up role, I'd be all over this. Excellent keeper and the right type of individual to have around the club.
Yep, Heaton is a very good keeper, I know people don't like the stats game, but stats wise he's been playing at a much higher level than many so called top keepers.

United, Liverpool, Napoli, and Inter are the four teams mentioned on GOAL.com.
I'd be made up with a few million spent on de beek.

In all seriousness though, can those of you who have seen him play regularly suggest whether he's capable of pushing up into the forward roles, as we've seen with Mane & Firmino when they've been deployed in a more attacking role? Or is he better suited to playing behind the forward line?

If the latter it seems odd, cos we have a few players who can already fulfill that role.

I'd be made up with a few million spent on de beek.

In all seriousness though, can those of you who have seen him play regularly suggest whether he's capable of pushing up into the forward roles, as we've seen with Mane & Firmino when they've been deployed in a more attacking role? Or is he better suited to playing behind the forward line?

If the latter it seems odd, cos we have a few players who can already fulfill that role.

He wouldn’t replace Mane or Salah, but I think his skillset could allow him to sub for Firmino if needed. He’s great at linking up play and finding space in the box. A lot of things that were said about Fekir and how he would fit at LFC apply to Van de Beek as well.

Last edited:
L’Équipe claim that the 4 clubs to have agreed circa €80m deals in principle with Lille for Nicolas Pépé are: Inter Milan, Napoli, Liverpool & Arsenal.

I'd call bullshit on that as Arsenal can't even afford a player from the Scottish league, and Inter are trying to get the money together for Lukaku and struggling.

In other news 'David Ornstein' on behalf of the bbc is claiming we've got no money and any purchase would be below what we paid for Shaq as we're broke. Yes, we're broke, apart from coining it in in transfer revenue, tv money, and winning the champions league last year, and owning our own ground. Yes, broke, you fucking tit.

We were after Max Kruse it seems...

Kruse has now confirmed that the Reds did indeed make him an offer before joining Fenerbahce.
“I had lots of offers, Liverpool were one of these sides,” Kruse said in an interview with beIN Turkey.
“I picked Fenerbahce as I had this feeling that Fenerbahce are the next step for me.
“Fenerbahce had an attractive project for me.”

Or Lee Bowyer...wait....never mind.
Retarded works.

Yeah, that was a strange one, although it's hard to be sure how much it was Houllier's decision or Bowyer's.

Still got very advanced before going tits up, I was quite annoyed at the time.

Yeah, that was a strange one, although it's hard to be sure how much it was Houllier's decision or Bowyer's.

Still got very advanced before going tits up, I was quite annoyed at the time.
I'm ashamed to say that I wanted the cunt to join.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom