1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
    Dismiss Notice
Why Not Register?

It only takes a few minutes to register on SixCrazyMinutes

Click Here

Top of the League..

Discussion in 'The Football Forum' started by RedNinja, Jan 4, 2019.

1. RedNinja

RedNinja Not a Bot.... Administrator

4 points clear ahead of arguably one of the best football sides to have ever graced the Premier League..

What on earth is their to be negative about.. ??

So much positives from this.. And so much more to come..

Imagine how Great we will become when Keita and Fabinho become regulars in the side...  It will happen..

We are top essentially without playing them in most games.. We are only going to get better...

And then their is Gomez return.. as well as the return of the OX in March..

You lot need a regular dose of Prozac..

juniormember, doctor_mac, C/O and 3 others like this.
  2. Insignificance

Insignificance Bad to the bone Member

Ah. Fuck off.....

3. Atlas

Atlas Well-Known Member

It's the hope that kills you.

4. Glen C

Glen C Very Active Member

If you had said at the start of the season that we would be 4 points clear in january i'd have said i'll have what you're smoking.  This is arguably our best chance at winning the league in 29 years.  I know i'm in the minority when saying this but i really don't give a shit about the bayern game and just see it as a distraction.  Would rather we play our B team against them and just focus on the league.

juniormember, hmmmmm1 and Squiggles like this.
  5. RedNinja

Momentum..

What it's all about...  We should go in to the Bayern game like we treat every European game..

Momentum builds confidence which builds Momentum.  These areas will be key to winning the Title against a Team like Man City..

RedStar likes this.
  6. Hansern

Hansern Part of the Furniture Member

Is right.

But there is no problem with venting a bit after losing if it isnt any knee jerk stuff.
    Most, nearly all, on here are happy as fuck with how things stand. I know I am.

Before the season started you couldnt even imagine about being 4 points clear in January.
    Just enjoy the ride and see where we end up.

moron likes this.
  7. Glen C

Glen C Very Active Member

Nah i disagree.  Spurs always improve in the league after they get knocked out of the CL because its then just one game a week so they can play the same first 11 and they are always fresh.  Less chance of injuries the less games we play.

Dreambeliever likes this.
  8. Markeh

Markeh Very Well-Known Member

This is the beauty of the league. It's not a one off or a knock out, we're still in the only position that really matters and it's still in our hands.

RedNinja likes this.
  9. Insignificance

Insignificance Bad to the bone Member

We are good. We have a strong position in the League, are qualified for last 16 in CL. But more important is that we have a solid platform for even further progress. We have a real good manager and a strong spine in the team, which should become even better in the second half of the season. We have a few shortcommings, that is true, but it is a real wonderful Journey to be part of.

A few glimpses on Our rivals tells me a lot:
    City - Selfproclaimed best team in the world who is struggeling to keep pace With us. Will have a easier ride in the first round of CL, but have other distractions as well. Strong Squad, unlimited funds and a good manager. Will be fiercest domestic rival for years to come.
    Spurs - Strong Squad and a real good manager guiding them well. Lack of funds make them less of a force going forward, but this year they will be in the mix all the way in. Depending on individuals more than us and City, although they have coped well without them before.
    Chelsea - After a very Bright start under Sarri they have faded away a bit. Was surprisingly strong With a Hazard in superform earlier in the season. However, since I put him captain of my FF team he has stopped producing, and they have a real gap in attack repalcing his goals. Jorginho also seem to have lost his dancing feets after a promising start. Sarri is good and an interesting manager, but there must be huge qmarks over the ownership forward. Very important for them to qualify for CL, which is about their Level now.
    Arsenal - Coninuing being a top 6 team who shows up real time on occasions and shuts the lights on other occasions. Emery is decent enough, but I am not sure he has the right mix of players to work With, and will be real dependant on PEA continuing delivering the goods as it seem Lacasette is struggling a bit. Øzil and his monstercontract can be desruptive for the progress as he doesn't put in near enough to deserve that much more than rest of the players.
    Man U - A cirkus. Lack of Club structure and organisation will continue to keep them substandard related to their real potential. OGS has had an easy ride so far and that is all good. That will make the life even harder for the New manager come Aug/Sept if he doesnt release the same potential imidiately. Then the fans will sing OGS and Fergies name and not give the New guy any Peace to work. Manager appointment is extremely important for them, and the New guy will have to sort out a dressing room filled With egoistic arses who put themselves way ahead of the club. Lack of leaders on and off pitch will make them continue struggle for a year or two more.

10. RedNinja

We have the squad depth to cope..

I really don't see it as an issue...  No way I'd want to 'throw' a Champions League game, by fielding a weaker side in favour of anything..

Maybe play the reserves in the FA cup.. But that about as far as I'd go..

The last 16 is spread over 4 week period too ..  We will be fine... We have coped extremely well so far with the demands that have been thrown at us this season...

11. Skullflower

Skullflower Part of the Furniture Member

Last night was a monumental opportunity squandered. I can't be arsed with the positivity right now.

12. My_Blood_Bleeds_Red

My_Blood_Bleeds_Red Very Active Member

Redninja = Lovren

13. Frogfish

Frogfish Gone to Redcafe Member

Yeah I think injuries and fatigue take precedence over momentum any day.

14. C/O

C/O Well-Known Member

15. Dreambeliever

Dreambeliever Looking on the brightside HAHA! Member

Let’s be honest now, we were 3 pts ahead with 3 games to go in 13/14. That was our best chance in the last 29.

If we bomb out against Bayern while continuing to win the league games we have a real chance but I still think City will grind us down.

There’s a reason they got 100 pts last year and nobody else has ever.

We have been amazing but we have rode our luck at times with both performances and injuries.

I can’t see that lasting through the business end of the season.

16. RedStar

RedStar Very Active Member

For City to get 100 point this season they will need to win every game bewteen now and the end of the season. That simply isnt going to happen, I dont even tbink they will unbeaten let alone win every match. Their focus will switch to the CL once it gets to the quarter finals as thats the trophy they want most of all.

I think 94 points will win it this year which means we need another 40 out of a possible 51 points.

13 wins - 39 points
    2 draws - 2 points
    2 defeats - 0 points

Would get us over the line I think as I cant see City taking 45 points in the remaining games.

17. Dreambeliever

I doubt they will win every game but it’s not impossible for a squad of their quality.

I certainly don’t see them dropping many points unless they suffer more serious injury woes and don’t strengthen in Jan.

It would fantastic to win it with 94 but I think 97 is more likely.

18. ctlovesred

ctlovesred Very Active Member

I'm not sure why everyone thinks that city is suddenly going to play at the level that they played against us, when the evidence of this season suggests strongly quite the opposite.  they had to raise their game several levels to barely squeak by, relying on a whole lot of luck.

This is the same team that just lost a couple of games to some decent but not great clubs.  I don't believe for one second that they have now suddenly and mystically found their swagger and are going to steamroll the rest of the league.

19. Dreambeliever

They have their best player back and the player that makes their team tick.

If those two stay fit they can easily do it and they don’t need to play at that level to beat everyone else.

20. RedStar

RedStar Very Active Member

97 points would require City to take 47 from 51, thats an insane level to sustain over a prolonged period especially when you factor in that by the tail end of the season some of their key players will have played  over 55 games in a post world cup season.

Bear in mind last years 100 point total was an anomaly, no other team had gone above 95 previously. And perhaps more importantly of the 4 other occasions a teams got more than 90 points in a season the title chase was over early. Theres never been a season where 2 teams got 90 or more points.