• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Top 4 Rivals : Transfers and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how Napoli think they can afford him and why they need him, unless they are selling Osimhen. I would rather not see him come to one of our rivals…

I think he fucks them more if he stays.

What the fuck is hag going to know about how to deal with some old egotistical superstar? They need a massive rebuild. He won't win them shit in that time so it made zero sense to get him in the first place, unless he was willing to play largely off the bench, which he isn't.

So he'd just be a figure undermining authority when hag wants to do ajax redux, with a young team, while purging the unbelievers. Mores the better hes a massive luxury for a team with a shit spine.

I'd go further and say that overall he's a handicap. His individual numbers were impressive all right, but after bringing him in (with all that fanfare) they went backwards. It's still a team game and the net effect of adding him to that team was a negative one. Unless you're going to get rid of literally every other player in that squad (and, whether or not that would be deserved, it's not remotely practical) the mix isn't right.

And yet reports this morning are suggesting that ten Hag has said he wants Ronaldo to stay. The whole thing is a gift that keeps on giving.

The impression you get is that Ronaldo is only interested in himself. Any decent new manager who really wants to rebuild the club is not gonna want to do so around him.

For United to push on (obviously I really, really hope that they don't, ever), they need to show some humility and accept the work that needs to be done. Does Ronaldo really seem likely to do that?

Ronaldo has fucked Utd over good. They would have spunked 150m on Darwin if they knew he wasn't staying. Now it's probably too late to sign anyone good.
Came in, made Cavani fuck off, made Bruno shit, and now he's offski. Nice.

From what I read Darwin was not interested in Man U and so they could offer what they want, he wouldn’t go.

Given preseason hasn’t started quite yet and there is two more months of the window it isn’t too late to sign someone, far from it. The thing here is that any club they approach will be rubbing their hands knowing United are desperate.

Even worse for them is that no top drawer player is going to go to them now. It’s like us ten years ago, no guarantee of challenging for silverware and qualification for CL is patchy

Where does Ronaldo go? Chelsea can't be serious. Has to be either America or back to Portugal?

StevieM knows fuck all, but its still a whole load more than Donavan
He may know in your word "whole load more than Donavan" But He, and anyone else Do not know everything...

I asked a question "With Chelsea close to a deal for Sterling I wonder if we could see City signing Neymar as FSG are willing to let him go, and he is happy to leave..?" and it amazes me that people take it as me stating as fact that City want to sign Neymar..
I merely stated that they could try.

They have all but sold Sterling and maybe Pep could feel that buying Neymar would be a good fit for City and could be that piece he needs to win a CL.
Chelsea are strengthen, We have strengthen so why not City..?

He may know in your word "whole load more than Donavan" But He, and anyone else Do not know everything...

I asked a question "With Chelsea close to a deal for Sterling I wonder if we could see City signing Neymar as FSG are willing to let him go, and he is happy to leave..?" and it amazes me that people take it as me stating as fact that City want to sign Neymar..
I merely stated that they could try.

They have all but sold Sterling and maybe Pep could feel that buying Neymar would be a good fit for City and could be that piece he needs to win a CL.
Chelsea are strengthen, We have strengthen so why not City..?

I hope the horrible injury prone leech goes to City - they’re made for each other.

He can continue to enjoy failure in the Champions League while acting like a fanny in Manchester.

Hi

Just wondering, have any of tou heard of any rumours of us signing a midfielder (proper one, not a hybrid, or young without experience type) in the last 48 hours or so ? Maybe you have a friend that works for the club or you are a local who is able to get top secret info.
Any help to calm my worries ahead of next season is much appreciated.

MORON

I'd go further and say that overall he's a handicap. His individual numbers were impressive all right, but after bringing him in (with all that fanfare) they went backwards. It's still a team game and the net effect of adding him to that team was a negative one. Unless you're going to get rid of literally every other player in that squad (and, whether or not that would be deserved, it's not remotely practical) the mix isn't right.

And yet reports this morning are suggesting that ten Hag has said he wants Ronaldo to stay. The whole thing is a gift that keeps on giving.

That’s a pretty perfect analogy to be honest. FSG and Klopp are doing sabermetrics; United for the last 10 years have been doing the old-fashioned thing of throwing money at biggest names they could attract. Everyone can judge the results for themselves.

Last edited:
Where does Ronaldo go? Chelsea can't be serious. Has to be either America or back to Portugal?
As if anyone in Portugal could pay his wages !

No team challenging for the CL would take him ... the only exception being Bayern perhaps, and even then.

He said he wants a CL team ... maybe he means one from Croatia or Austria.

Odds on United buying Tammy, and Ronaldo going for a cushy reunion with jose

Odds on United buying Tammy, and Ronaldo going for a cushy reunion with jose

Ronaldo could step into management when Jose has his 2nd season meltdown and falls out with everyone - just in time to spend a year falling out with everyone in Paris.

"Grauniad" Manchester correspondent saying this morning that Guardiola himself decided aqainst signing Ronaldo. Wasn't the story at the time that they were outbid?

Not many teams can afford his wages. Certainly not teams that arent in the CL.
I would have thought that he might end up in the MLS but I think Ronaldo has a different opinion about how many years he has left.

I wonder what Ronaldo thought would happen if he rejoined Utd? Did he think he'd somehow be able to propel them to glory?

It was an bad move for both parties. Utd should let him go.

He's already destroyed juve and manure. He's not going to city, so I guess Chelsea is the next club he can ruin

The toxic environment this will create is why I hope he stays.

I interpret “if the right offer is made” thing as admission that so far no one came close to offering what Ronaldo would need to leave, so he’s trying to signal his availability without completely burning the bridges in Manchester. More likely than not, it will end in an embarrassing U-turn where Ronaldo says “Ten Hag’s coaching methods convinced him” to stay.

I interpret “if the right offer is made” thing as admission that so far no one came close to offering what Ronaldo would need to leave, so he’s trying to signal his availability without completely burning the bridges in Manchester. More likely than not, it will end in an embarrassing U-turn where Ronaldo says “Tan Hag’s coaching methods convinced him” to stay.

Indeed, and a statement that says he has the full belief in the project that ten Hag is starting.
They've already said its non negotiable that he doesnt travel for pre season.

Indeed, and a statement that says he has the full belief in the project that ten Hag is starting.
They've already said its non negotiable that he doesnt travel for pre season.

Seriously? So much for “believing in the project.” Lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom