• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Top 4 Rivals : Transfers and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barcelona are bidding for Raphinha. The transfer that was hi jacked is close to being hi jacked.

I'd like to agree with Kuper, but I don't. They'd be making "big choices" if they were still top four material, but they're not at the moment or likely to be for some time yet. What they need are smart choices who can grow with the club. Besides, having just appointed ten Hag they can't very well not go for his preferred targets.

I'd like to agree with Kuper, but I don't. They'd be making "big choices" if they were still top four material, but they're not at the moment or likely to be for some time yet. What they need are smart choices who can grow with the club. Besides, having just appointed ten Hag they can't very well not go for his preferred targets.
I think to a degree that's not the point though. Our scouting team present players (or Klopp does) that are then put through the statistical wringer (or vice versa). We then have a list of suitable candidates for each position.

It seems United are saying 'to hell with analysis' we'll go back to the good old days. These may well be good players but it's hard to believe that every player they have scouted / analysed is either Dutch or playing in the Dutch league. I agree it's very weird indeed and managers' opinions are not always to be trusted as we well know from bitter experience.

Long may it continue as we know where this is leading!

Jumping before he's pushed? Ten Hag may think (rightly IMO if so) that the disruption Ronaldo's signing brought with it was too high a price to pay for the goals he scored. Fernandes in particular was never the same after Ronaldo's arrival and he'll be absolutely vital to any recovery they may make..

I think to a degree that's not the point though. Our scouting team present players (or Klopp does) that are then put through the statistical wringer (or vice versa). We then have a list of suitable candidates for each position.

It seems United are saying 'to hell with analysis' we'll go back to the good old days. These may well be good players but it's hard to believe that every player they have scouted / analysed is either Dutch or playing in the Dutch league. I agree it's very weird indeed and managers' opinions are not always to be trusted as we well know from bitter experience.

Long may it continue as we know where this is leading!

I'd have thought they'll crunch the numbers for these players also while they do the rest of their due diligence. If not, then certainly they'll be in trouble, which of course is devoutly to be wished. Hear hear for your final sentence - be great if they can go another quarter-century in the wilderness as they did after Matt Busby retired.

Nah, he's right. They just stumble from one short term fix to the next. They're a complete mess, and just hoping to get lucky at this point.

I'd have thought they'll crunch the numbers for these players also while they do the rest of their due diligence. If not, then certainly they'll be in trouble, which of course is devoutly to be wished. Hear hear for your final sentence - be great if they can go another quarter-century in the wilderness as they did after Matt Busby retired.
Well they might but still : it's hard to believe that every player they have scouted / analysed is either Dutch or playing in the Dutch league. This is surely not coincidental.

F de Jong : will get done
Timber : turned them down but I read he's re-considering
Lisandro Martínez : I don't know anything about this one bar the rumours but seems like he's going to Arsenal
Malacia (who is seems is done or near done)
Antony : strongly rumoured for months

Eriksen : the only strong rumour not (recently) Dutch or from the Dutch league.

Yeah, and is a different type of player.

Chelsea looking to have Sterling Havertz Raphinha.
With Chelsea close to a deal for Sterling I wonder if we could see City signing Neymar as FSG are willing to let him go, and he is happy to leave..?

Just bobbed in to red cafe for a laff.

They are raging amongst themselves trying to decide if Ronaldo is a legend or not, whether he should go or not and fretting over the fact they only have one real CF and he wants to leave

With Chelsea close to a deal for Sterling I wonder if we could see City signing Neymar as FSG are willing to let him go, and he is happy to leave..?

City signing Neymar????

Ah… it’s you - that explains it.

Haha they'll still get him in the end but hopefully with little time to settle in or play in preseason :

Barca president: De Jong is not for sale

Barcelona president Joan Laporta has insisted the club do not want to sell Frenkie de Jong this summer.
Manchester United are in talks over a move for De Jong and Barcelona need to sell players this summer due to their financial situation.
However, Laporta has suggested publicly he wants to keep De Jong at the Camp Nou, saying: "There are clubs that want him, not just United. We have no intention of selling him, he wants to stay.
“Frenkie is considered as one of the best midfielders in the world by all the experts. We are happy to have him.”

Barcelona 'optimistic' of keeping Dembele

Barcelona are 'optimistic' of reaching an agreement with Ousmane Dembele on a new two-year deal, according to Fabrizio Romano.
The France international's contract at the Nou Camp expired this week and he has been linked to a number of Europe's top clubs on a free transfer, including Chelsea.

Arsenal 'to meet' Ajax as Martinez talks intensify

Arsenal are scheduled to meet Ajax next week as the battle to sign defender Lisandro Martinez intensifies, according to The Athletic.
The north London club and rivals Manchester United are negotiating with their Dutch counterparts for the Argentina international. Both English sides are reported to believe Martinez is happy to join them and personal terms are not expected to be an issue.
If Ajax get what they want, which is thought to be around €50m (£43m), the 24-year-old will have to choose his preferred destination.
Martinez is said to have told the Eredivisie champions that the only option he will consider this summer is a move to the Premier League. When Ajax extended his contract last October, there was believed to have been an understanding that they would not stand in his way if such an opportunity arose.

Man Utd insist Ronaldo not for sale despite exit request

Manchester United insist Cristiano Ronaldo is not for sale and remains under contract for another year, despite the forward telling the club he would like to leave this summer.

--------

Cristiano Ronaldo wants to leave Manchester United this summer amid concerns he will be unable to compete for the biggest trophies at the club.
The 37-year-old feels the urge to win even more in the twilight of his career, but is understood to feel that may not be possible at Old Trafford next season. The 2021/22 campaign was the fifth in succession in which United failed to win a trophy.

Ronaldo is also understood to be concerned that United are yet to make any improvements to the squad in the current transfer window. Thirteen players have left the club this summer but none have yet arrived.

-------

Napoli 'keen' to bring Ronaldo back to Serie A

Napoli are interested in signing Cristiano Ronaldo after the forward told Manchester United he would like to leave this summer, according to The Athletic.
The 37-year-old has concerns over United's lack of transfer business, as well as being unsure whether he will be able to continue competing for the biggest trophies at Old Trafford.
While Napoli are said to be keen to bring Ronaldo back to Serie A, other European clubs have reportedly ruled themselves out.
Paris Saint-Germain are not said to be pursuing the Portugal international, while Chelsea and Bayern Munich have been told about Ronaldo's desire to leave.

Ronaldo has fucked Utd over good. They would have spunked 150m on Darwin if they knew he wasn't staying. Now it's probably too late to sign anyone good.
Came in, made Cavani fuck off, made Bruno shit, and now he's offski. Nice.

Ronaldo has fucked Utd over good. They would have spunked 150m on Darwin if they knew he wasn't staying. Now it's probably too late to sign anyone good.
Came in, made Cavani fuck off, made Bruno shit, and now he's offski. Nice.
Yep. Luverly.

Seems Antony may be the replacement. They should just buy the whole Ajax team.

I think he fucks them more if he stays.

What the fuck is hag going to know about how to deal with some old egotistical superstar? They need a massive rebuild. He won't win them shit in that time so it made zero sense to get him in the first place, unless he was willing to play largely off the bench, which he isn't.

So he'd just be a figure undermining authority when hag wants to do ajax redux, with a young team, while purging the unbelievers. Mores the better hes a massive luxury for a team with a shit spine.

I think he fucks them more if he stays.

What the fuck is hag going to know about how to deal with some old egotistical superstar? They need a massive rebuild. He won't win them shit in that time so it made zero sense to get him in the first place, unless he was willing to play largely off the bench, which he isn't.

So he'd just be a figure undermining authority when hag wants to do ajax redux, with a young team, while purging the unbelievers. Mores the better hes a massive luxury for a team with a shit spine.
Maybe. But we've seen many CFs who's only contribution is scoring goals ... he scored 24 goals and had 3 assists last season. That's not easily replaced. He won't be there for 2023/24 anyway so if he stays the CF reboot is delayed a season. Win/Win either way perhaps though the turmoil it's creating is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom