• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Top 4 Rivals : Transfers and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some indication of the fee Kelleher should be fetching. If Bazunu gets regular football, Kelleher's place in the Ireland starting 11 may be jeopardize - wonder if that might affect his plans.

Last edited:
Bazunu is first choice for Ireland as is, Kelleher only played the last few games as Bazunu was injured. Kelleher does need more games though, a loan move could work out well.

The last youth keeper Southampton signed for millions from city was fucking shite wasn't he? City playing a Michael Edwards here

Gonna see an influx of players from the Portuguese league I guess

Last edited:
[article]Ajax defender Jurrien Timber has ruled out a move to Manchester United.

Erik ten Hag wanted to bring Ajax defender Timber, 21, with him to Old Trafford with a transfer between the two parties edging closer to agreement.

However, Dutch journalist Marcel Van Der Kraan told Sky Sports: "Absolutely dead (the deal) in the water.

"The player was ready to come. The player's agents were in London at Manchester United's offices two weeks ago.

"The talks were very good, money was never a problem but then Louis van Gaal turned up and told the player in the Dutch camp 'if you go there I think your chances could be limited for playing for Holland in the World Cup'."[/article]

[article]Ajax defender Jurrien Timber has ruled out a move to Manchester United.

Erik ten Hag wanted to bring Ajax defender Timber, 21, with him to Old Trafford with a transfer between the two parties edging closer to agreement.

However, Dutch journalist Marcel Van Der Kraan told Sky Sports: "Absolutely dead (the deal) in the water.

"The player was ready to come. The player's agents were in London at Manchester United's offices two weeks ago.

"The talks were very good, money was never a problem but then Louis van Gaal turned up and told the player in the Dutch camp 'if you go there I think your chances could be limited for playing for Holland in the World Cup'."
[/article]

Haha lvg fucking man yoo.
Love it!

Lukaku to Inter to be completed before 30th June (tax deal expires on this date). 30% pay cut accepted. 1 year loan deal. Negotiation on loan fee, expected to be £10-15m.

Lukaku to Inter to be completed before 30th June (tax deal expires on this date). 30% pay cut accepted. 1 year loan deal. Negotiation on loan fee, expected to be £10-15m.

I wonder what they think will happen after the 1-year loan ends - surely he has no way back to Chelsea now.

United's main targets and progress :

De Jong : Their #1 Transfer Target. Talks ongoing but maybe still only a 5-6/10 chance due to the huge fee (ca. £75m+). €60m [& add-ons] turned down. Nothing new on United forums/media.
Timber : "Dead in the Water" (De Telegraf reporter)
Eriksen : seems United have made an offer but he's 'considering' with Brentford and Spurs options.
Malcolm Ebiowei (Derby): Young, Left footed, forward/winger, wanted on a free
Tyrell Malacia (Feyenoord) : Erik ten Hag wants to sign 22-year-old left-back. A £20m offer will tempt the Dutch club into selling. Media.
Neves : treading water, no serious action it seems.
Jules Koundé (Sevilla) : It's rumoured Barca are the opposition and that the fee is around €70m.
Antony (Ajax) : Asking fee rumoured to be very high (€70m) maybe too high for United.

United are losing ca. 10 - 13 players from their (admittedly huge) first team squad. Where are all the replacements coming from with the rumoured budget of ca. £200m ?! It’s believed that Ten Hag wants to bring in a forward, a winger, two midfielders and possibly a centre-back. Who even wants to sign for them ?!

Definitely Out (9) : Paul Pogba, Jesse Lingard, Matic, Edinson Cavani, Juan Mata, Tahith Chong, Wan-Bissaka, Pereira and Lee Grant
Expected to Depart (subject to offers) : Martial, v.d.Beek, Dean Henderson, Eric Bailly and Phil Jones
Contracts Ending in 2023 : Rashford, Shaw, Daliot. Those expiring but with 1 year options : Ronaldo, Fred, De Gea, Jones,

Last edited:
I wonder what they think will happen after the 1-year loan ends - surely he has no way back to Chelsea now.
He signed a 5 year contract however he's already 29. They are fucked. If they can loan him out at say an average of £13m or so over the next 3 years and then get £10-20m for him with a year left they are looking at recouping ca. £50m or so ... and that is really about the best they can hope for.

Looking good on paper, given that they don't have CL football to offer.

Bar Gabriel Jesus, Arteta is stocking up on players in areas where they already have good cover and not improving much. Its the same over and over again with him.

Bar Gabriel Jesus, Arteta is stocking up on players in areas where they already have good cover and not improving much. Its the same over and over again with him.

I think Lisandro Martinez will be an upgrade, not too sure about Vieira yet.

I think Lisandro Martinez will be an upgrade, not too sure about Vieira yet.

I dont know mate, is he better than Gabriel and Ben White? 175 cm as a CB in the Premier League.
An upgrade on Tierney at left back? He didnt play one game as a left back last season.

It only makes sense if Arteta is planning to play 3 CBs.

Definitely Out (9) : Paul Pogba, Jesse Lingard, Matic, Edinson Cavani, Juan Mata, Tahith Chong, Wan-Bissaka, Pereira and Lee Grant
Expected to Depart (subject to offers) : Martial, v.d.Beek, Dean Henderson, Eric Bailly and Phil Jones
Contracts Ending in 2023 : Rashford, Shaw, Daliot. Those expiring but with 1 year options : Ronaldo, Fred, De Gea, Jones,

United really have a lot of mediocre players. None of those will improve us or City.

I’d take Rashford as a squaddie.

V.d.Beek looked decent for Ajax so maybe him too

United's main targets and progress :

De Jong : Their #1 Transfer Target. Talks ongoing but maybe still only a 5-6/10 chance due to the huge fee (ca. £75m+). €60m [& add-ons] turned down. Nothing new on United forums/media.
Timber : "Dead in the Water" (De Telegraf reporter)
Eriksen : seems United have made an offer but he's 'considering' with Brentford and Spurs options.
Malcolm Ebiowei (Derby): Young, Left footed, forward/winger, wanted on a free
Tyrell Malacia (Feyenoord) : Erik ten Hag wants to sign 22-year-old left-back. A £20m offer will tempt the Dutch club into selling. Media.
Neves : treading water, no serious action it seems.
Jules Koundé (Sevilla) : It's rumoured Barca are the opposition and that the fee is around €70m.
Antony (Ajax) : Asking fee rumoured to be very high (€70m) maybe too high for United.

United are losing ca. 10 - 13 players from their (admittedly huge) first team squad. Where are all the replacements coming from with the rumoured budget of ca. £200m ?! It’s believed that Ten Hag wants to bring in a forward, a winger, two midfielders and possibly a centre-back. Who even wants to sign for them ?!

Isn't AWB in the 'expected to depart' category rather then definitely out?

United look like they are floundering to me, early days but they haven't brought in even one player and surely they must have had their targets (and backups) decided upon immediately after Ten Hag was appointed.

A squad full of below standard players, some hanging on for the salaries, others unwanted but have no buyers and others that will be here for the next couple of seasons but are unlikely to be part of any Ten Hag rebuild (Fred, Ronaldo, Shaw etc. and maybe even Maguire). I can see Fernandes, Varane, De Gea and Sancho perhaps as part of that rebuild ... but who else belongs in an elite CL/PL challenging squad?

I'd hazard a guess that most of the players they are after don't want to go there for one reason or another. No CL or prospect of CL - IMO for another couple of seasons whilst they sort out their squad. I can't see any way they will be challenging Spurs/Chelsea for Top 4 next season. They may do well to get into the Top 6 !

It's just glorious to see!

I dont know mate, is he better than Gabriel and Ben White? 175 cm as a CB in the Premier League.
An upgrade on Tierney at left back? He didnt play one game as a left back last season.

It only makes sense if Arteta is planning to play 3 CBs.

White, overall, was fine last year.
Their defense, esp when tomiyasu and Tierney were available, was very solid.
Ramsdale though ... wonder which version of him will show up...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom