• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Top 4 Rivals : Transfers and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it was just part of the deal. We'll let you have this great young player cheap for a couple of years and in return you let him go when he's all nice and fat and ready for market so we can make a killing.
I think this is clearly the case. Dortmund were very happy to play their entirely established role as stepping stone.

Buying him for 17 mill and selling for 60 mill + is usually seen as good business, but they couldnt have gotten so much more.

Have Ajax produced any players in the last decade that left and done anything decent?

Conte clearly follows a plan for a short-term rebuild – they've beefed up the midfield with Bentancour and Bissouma, looks like Eriksen will be the creative midfielder and now the biggest issue will be fixing the leaky defense. If he gets the players he wants, Spurs will be significantly stronger next season.

We should have been all over that Bissouma deal. 25m is nothing.

Alderwiereld and Vertonghen were decent at best. I never looked at either with a jealous gaze; and we had fucking Lovren playing for us

Tbf he said decent careers.

Eriksen was excellent for Spurs.
I didn’t. I said anything decent. The best thing Eriksen did was not die.

The rest of the list won nothing and play for the biggest let down of a national team in recent history.

I would gladly have signed Eriksen instead of him going to Spurs. 304 games, 69 goals and 90 assists.
I suppose our plan is to develop Elliot and Carvalho to be the next Eriksen. And would a midfield with Eriksen and Thiago be too crazily attacking? That being said, I'd have loved him here.

I suppose our plan is to develop Elliot and Carvalho to be the next Eriksen. And would a midfield with Eriksen and Thiago be too crazily attacking? That being said, I'd have loved him here.

I meant prior to signing for Spurs in 2013. ;)

Wouldnt sign him now. Dont think he's suited to how Klopp wants our midfield to set up, and I dont think he has the legs anymore to adapt either.

It would feel like a Charlie Adam signing. Getting in someone because of their 10 mill £ set piece delivery.

I meant prior to signing for Spurs in 2013. ;)

Wouldnt sign him now. Dont think he's suited to how Klopp wants our midfield to set up, and I dont think he has the legs anymore to adapt either.

It would feel like a Charlie Adam signing. Getting in someone because of their 10 mill £ set piece delivery.
Ahhh!

They
And Dortmund wouldn't have been wise to that? It was either a great bit of work by his manager or Dortmund under-valued him. I think it was the later - look where he was coming from, he clearly exceeded all expectations.

They were competing for his signature with United, who offered a lot higher wage and profile but were unwilling to offer a release clause. This was the advantage they were willing to offer and Haaland had enough leverage to keep it low.

It's not necessarily lack of nouse. Ten Haag is going to have to dramatically change the way they play, and a way of helping that is to bring in players who will already know how to train and play the way the manager wants everyone else to do so. Plus there's a difference between Man Utd trying to sign Frenkie De Jong/Jurrien Timber and us signing Joe Allen and Fabio Borini.
Welcome back, DB. We've missed you

Yeah, City are clearly lacking in quality and squad depth at full-back and midfield positions - need to strengthen there pronto. It’s a miracle they could even complete last season with such a threadbare squad!

Guardiola is obsessed with fullbacks and midfielders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom