• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Top 4 Rivals : Transfers and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus looks amazing but he won't stay fit, and Nkitiye(sp) is not good enough.
I see them starting off strong then stuttering.

Tuchel seems like a prick so hope they crash and burn.

Arsenal have the potential to kick on and be quite good.

Lots of interesting subplots to this upcoming season.

Tuchel is a massive prick and I wouldnt want him as a manager.
Will probably get sacked this season I reckon.

Classic Barca.

They've got Garcia who for some strange reason they made a big deal of getting, Araújo, Mingueza, Umtiti, Christensen and Pique on the books but no, they also need 60M Kounde.

The yearly swapping around of defenders isn't going to help their defence. It needs coaching and a central midfield that can actually run and protect the defence (though presumably Kessie will help in this regard). At their peak they were good enough to ignore the defence because the rest of the team was just that good but that was a long time ago now.

I know Barcelona aren't particularly popular round these parts and have become a bit of a laughing stock of late generally speaking but it's sad to see this. I used to have quite a soft spot for them.

I guess meglomaniac presidents can't quite be counted on for slow and steady.
This post needs a dislike button. Did you have soft spot form them when they were getting their players to mouth off in the press about coutinho and basically encouraging mascharano to refuse to play to force us to sell. Horrible club That would love to see fold more than any other club. They are the most disrespectful club out here, right from the owners through the players and right down to their fans

I can't really imagine wanting Barca to just not exist lol. Yeah it's sad the extent they've had to sell out recently, but it's still a fucking glorious club with like 1000x the glamour of pretty much anyone else in the sport.

The world needs a bit of colour.

He’s a bit like Mourinho in that he’ll pick up a fight with his own team if things start going awry.

Absolutely, and since every team hits a sticky patch at some point you can guarantee that that's going to happen.

I also wonder how Koulibaly and Sterling, to name just two, might feel about being ignored in what he says there.

This post needs a dislike button. Did you have soft spot form them when they were getting their players to mouth off in the press about coutinho and basically encouraging mascharano to refuse to play to force us to sell. Horrible club That would love to see fold more than any other club. They are the most disrespectful club out here, right from the owners through the players and right down to their fans

I loved some of the players they've had there (Ronaldinho for example, one of my all time favs) and the football they played for about 8-10 years during the Ronaldinho / Messi years was some of the most enjoyable / impressive ever.

I don't care about off the field stuff so much. Football is pretty shady generally speaking I reckon and the press everywhere is shit.

How can anyone who likes football dislikes Barca ? They’ve got so many legends of the game who’ve played for them in the last few decades that it’s impossible for me to hate their team.

How can anyone who likes football dislikes Barca ? They’ve got so many legends of the game who’ve played for them in the last few decades that it’s impossible for me to hate their team.
Because they are shithouses who use media to unsettle players.

And spend way above their means.. but seemingly like City.. just get around it.

I can't really imagine wanting Barca to just not exist lol. Yeah it's sad the extent they've had to sell out recently, but it's still a fucking glorious club with like 1000x the glamour of pretty much anyone else in the sport.

The world needs a bit of colour.
Racist !

Absolutely, and since every team hits a sticky patch at some point you can guarantee that that's going to happen.

I also wonder how Koulibaly and Sterling, to name just two, might feel about being ignored in what he says there.
Actually he singled Koulibaly out as fantastic. I hope he kicked Sterling.

He went on to say he needs new players !

I don't dislike the team. I dislike the holier than thou more than a club BS which they spout on a regular basis. As if they are on some noble pursuit, doing everything the correct way.

I don't dislike the team. I dislike the holier than thou more than a club BS which they spout on a regular basis. As if they are on some noble pursuit, doing everything the correct way.

There used to be something to that I guess - a little bit maybe and they were unique in not having shirt sponsors etc. But yeah, years of mismanagement and desperation have put paid to any notion of that.

There used to be something to that I guess - a little bit maybe and they were unique in not having shirt sponsors etc. But yeah, years of mismanagement and desperation have put paid to any notion of that.

They got a lot going on for them - commitment to an attacking style of play, the city, the weather, history of great players, etc. But I feel that they take the Barca more than a club BS a bit too far.

They definitely are one of the two favorite clubs to play for players from South American and Iberian descent. I get that. But at the same time, another reason a lot of players want to play for them because of the insane wages they pay. It is not like they are able to monetize their stature among players to get them to accept a lower salary. Depending on which paper you trust, Coutinho's wages was between 380,000 and 500,000 pounds per week at Barca which kind of explains why he and his agents dropped their pants as soon as they heard of interest from Barcelona. And there is the easy access to trophies riding on the coat tails of Ronaldinho or Messi.

They are as shady as anyone in treating players whom they no longer want - Coutinho, Suarez (the way he left) and using any underhand tactics to poach players.

Admire their commitment to La Masia. But I bet our academy will look a lot better if we had a 50% shot at signing any young talent developing in Spain.

On the pitch, ronaldinho era Barca was a joy. Then they became a relentless machine.

Off pitch they're horrible bastards who should die in a wheelie bin fire

The previous Barca teams were a joy to watch, and it was fun seeing them beat the other English teams in the CL. So many good players. Now they are a bit irrelevant though.

Hate the whole «mes que un club» stuff.

Not really. I dont think we come across as houllier than thou as Barca do.

Oh, we do, to loads of other fans - we’re one of the worst, to be honest.

We’re not in the “nouveau entitled” bracket like Man Shitty or Chel$ea, we’re not the corporate sluts that ManUre are and we don’t act the cunt in the same way as Real & Barca but we do love trying to make everything a romantic story we’re somehow we’re the guardians of all that’s pure and good.

I’m totally fine with that, by the way.

Yep, it sounds like some thing a pr agency shat out
the people in the city come up with the best songs, banners and sayings

Thats why I didnt compare it to what Barca have been doing as a club for decades. This means more was for one season by a PR firm.

This Means More is Liverpool Football Clubs mission statement for the 2018/19 season. We were approached by the club to create a project that would be shared online with the aim of promoting the messages of the This Means More campaign in a way that would relate to their worldwide fan base. Working closely with the social media team at LFC, Dave Will Design were commissioned to act as Art Directors, with the brief of finding four other incredible artists from around the world who were LFC supporters, whist also being highly skilled creatives. The work would be shared across all LFC Official social accounts, including Facebook (32 million followers), Instagram (13 million followers) and Twitter (11 million followers)

To be fair some of the pieces of the campaign had a very important message:

Dan Leydon created this piece, inspired by the idea that being a Liverpool supporter is in our DNA, no matter what your gender, race, age or background is, we are all linked by that common thread.

Which makes it quite different to what Barca is and have been doing.

Oh, we do, to loads of other fans - we’re one of the worst, to be honest.

We’re not in the “nouveau entitled” bracket like Man Shitty or Chel$ea, we’re not the corporate sluts that ManUre are and we don’t act the cunt in the same way as Real & Barca but we do love trying to make everything a romantic story we’re somehow we’re the guardians of all that’s pure and good.

I’m totally fine with that, by the way.

Isnt that just another way of saying we can be successfull without oil money and state funds?
There are several other clubs that portray that type of message as well, but its not our fault we’ve been to upteenth finals these last few years. That angers all other fans. We do like to make it romantic though, and I’m fine with that even if it is a bit cuntish. It certainly comes across as cuntish to other fans.

What I cant stand is these «30 years ago when Liverpool were in a semi final we also beat a German team, France won the Eurovision song contest, Eddie Murphy also had a mustache, we had a scot in the team and the final was also played in Paris. Its a sign - and we’ll win again.«

This is all just tiering cuntishness. We know that on the cuntometer we're well below Madrid, Barca, United, City and Chelsea, for all the reasons given, but we're not holier-than-thou either. It's just a different level of corporate whoring and vaguely cringeworthy self-posturing.

"It means more" is right up there with "the people's club" in pretentious self-righteousness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom