• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Top 4 Rivals : Transfers and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I absolutely hope they give up these pipe dreams and sign someone they really need instead. Adama Traore. That's the missing piece.

I'm concerned by the low expectations we're setting for Man United. Everyone says they will finish outside the top 6, so if they somehow surpass the perception will be they had a good season. Based on their salary bill and ambition, they should be aiming for top-4; if they finish outside top 6 it's not par for the course, but another disastrous season.

I'm concerned by the low expectations we're setting for Man United. Everyone says they will finish outside the top 6, so if they somehow surpass the perception will be they had a good season. Based on their salary bill and ambition, they should be aiming for top-4; if they finish outside top 6 it's not par for the course, but another disastrous season.

Well not really. With the squad they have, and the way they ended last season, it would be a miracle if they finished higher than us, City, Chelsea, Spurs or Arsenal. 6rg is the highest they can realistically aim for.

Beat West Ham, Villa, Brighton, and I'd call that a good start fir Ten Hag

I think we’re underestimating them a little.

We can rely on Arsenal to be Arsenal - all fur coat and no knickers.

Spurs will find it more difficult when more teams play them at their own game and sit back.

Chelsea are trying to integrate a whole new forward line, while also needing to integrate a whole new backline.

Anyone of them could implode.

I haven't seen everyone saying they'll finish outside the Top 6? That said Top 4 is a pipe dream for them, salaries and ambition notwithstanding, I will be very very surprised if the Top 4 isn't us + City, Chelsea and Spurs. No-one else looks to be at that level and if Arsenal lose Partey (if indeed it is him and not another 29 yo from North London) then they have their hands full with United, West Ham and Newcastle.

United have not made any improvement on the team that finished last season, in fact they are substantially weaker and at this moment an unproven young manager, who will likely try different tactics to elevate the team (because what else can he do if they don't secure a handful of top players), is a gamble.

However they will spend the cash and get 3-4 players in this Summer and maybe another 1-2 in January. So I can see them struggling for the first half of the season and then finishing in that fight for 5th to 8th.

I think we’re underestimating them a little.

We can rely on Arsenal to be Arsenal - all fur coat and no knickers.

Spurs will find it more difficult when more teams play them at their own game and sit back.

Chelsea are trying to integrate a whole new forward line, while also needing to integrate a whole new backline.

Anyone of them could implode.
I just don't see that at all.

First and foremost you look at the quality of the players. Chelsea and Spurs' squads are simply miles ahead of United's and probably Arsenal's. The players alone probably guarantee 3rd - 5th for Chelsea and Spurs' the difference then becomes the manager and Tuchel and Conte are proven in the PL and both high quality. Ten Hag has managed a decent CL team in a 3rd rate league. That's a helluva step up in class.

Any one of about 6 teams could get fourth, including United. Spurs, Arsenal and the rest have a couple of games looking half decent and then revert to form. Its a case of being the least worst and a bit of luck in the last few games.

Utd and Barcelona agree a fee for Frenkie de Jong. 75 +10 mill. The player wants to stay at Barca but the club seems to want to sell him. Very weird transfer that must have been going on for 12 years now. Seems like it at least.

He’s a good player. Very weird transfer as he doesnt want to move but Barca have appaz informed him that he has to leave and join Utd. Not the best start to a new career being forced out.

Given who their manager is now, that's majorly significant and shows the hurdles they're going to have to cross to persuade anyone decent to go there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom