• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Thiago -

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need a MF reinforcements. Hendo and Kieta are no strangers to the treatment table either.
We lost the title last season because we waited till end of Jan to fucking get a loan player in. Had we done that earlier, we would have challenged. Then again, the owners probably had no intention of winning anything.

All very fucking frustrating !
I always try to be positive but my patience has gone with this one FFS

Thiago has started nine matches in all competitions this season and in those games, Liverpool have won all nine, scoring 25 goals in the process and conceded just two at the opposite end.

Give him horse placenta FFS.

It's like we're collecting useless, perma-injured, overrated midfielders. Who's next, Aaron Ramsey?

If it wasn't Richarlison, it would've been something else. What a shit signing. Could see it a mile off

He spends significant portions of every campaign out with injury. He's going to come to Liverpool at 29 and that's all gonna change?

He is clearly an excellent player, but there is a point where no matter how good a player is, if you can’t rely on him ever being available he becomes a liability. I imagine he will still be with us next season but unless he suddenly becomes less injury prone with age (which seems unlikely) not a lot will change and he'll be gone after that.

He was never a Gini replacement, he should’ve complimented Gini or Gini’s actual replacement for rotation and competition. You can’t replace an ever present with a flake.

Well you can thank Richarlison for the majority of that. 8 matches out with CV and 17 out because of the Blueshite. I'll give you the other 11 matches.
Of those 17 matches, how many were actually down to Richarlison? I seem to remember he was on the road to recovery then had a “setback”. The setback will be a separate injury.

He spends significant portions of every campaign out with injury. He's going to come to Liverpool at 29 and that's all gonna change?
Well he's not an ever-present but it's nowhere near as bad as some of you make it seem (though he's been unlucky with us that hasn't really been on him) : matches missed 2019/20 (10), 2018/19 (7), 2017/18 (20), 2016/17 (4), 2015/16 (5), 2014/15 (6). You have to go back to 2013/14 and 2012/13 to really find a substantial number of games missed.

For us in 20/21 he missed 4 games due to CV and 17 due to that twat across the park. Neither of those are breakdowns.

In 21/22 he again missed 4 games due to CV and 10 due to a calf injury plus whatever it is this time. So one could really say that, if we are talking absent due to his body breaking down, he's actually only had one bad injury season (2017-18 where he missed 20 games) in the past 6 seasons until this one.

Of those 17 matches, how many were actually down to Richarlison? I seem to remember he was on the road to recovery then had a “setback”. The setback will be a separate injury.
And you know that how? It's far more likely he just hadn't recovered from a very serious injury than your interpretation of a new injury.

I’ve done exactly what you’ve done. Made an assumption. The news, as I recall, was it was a setback. Not a reoccurrence. No details were released.

Hang on to that in the light of the facts if it makes you feel good. Which it seems to.

Go back to what I was saying about signing Thiago and getting rid of Wijnaldum. It made no sense. It's not just an unfortunate coincidence that it's came to pass as it has. Same with the people who think Keita will finally turn the corner after his latest injury.

Go back to what I was saying about signing Thiago and getting rid of Wijnaldum. It made no sense. It's not just an unfortunate coincidence that it's came to pass as it has. Same with the people who think Keita will finally turn the corner after his latest injury.
No chance. They both need bombing out of the squad asap. Add Ox to the mix and there’s about £200 million wasted if you factor in wages and shite.

A setback doesn’t mean it’s the same injury either. It was all hush hush at the time.
Whatever it was, the news at the time was he would be out for 1 or 2 weeks, and that became about 4 months.

So new injury or longer than normal to recover from original injury ... doesn't really matter, neither answer makes him look like a picture of health and fitness.

I still like him though

I mean I literally just posted this but you seem to want to ignore it as it doesn't fit with the rhetoric, these aren't the injury stats of someone injury-prone. Had the Blueshite not nobbled him then who knows if he'd have gone the rest of the season injury free or not. He had history of doing so.

20/21 : missed 4 games due to CV and 17 due to Richarlison
2019/20 (10)
2018/19 (7)
2017/18 (20)
2016/17 (4)
2015/16 (5)
2014/15 (6)

And how do these compare to our other players ? I doubt they are very different at all. Certainly not enough.

N.B. I doubt Klopp will sell Keita. There was a really good piece in (I think it was in the Echo) recently about how we really have no other player like him when we want to advance the ball in the final third.

No chance. They both need bombing out of the squad asap. Add Ox to the mix and there’s about £200 million wasted if you factor in wages and shite.

Yeah, as Woland (I think) said, we have loads of midfielders, but they're all fucking useless as they're constantly injured. Inconsistent, too.

I keep banging this drum, but we have an aging squad that desperately needs an overhaul. It's not completely unreasonable to be wanting three new midfielders to sign. Though maybe a bit overkill.

But when your midfield consists of a 32 year old Henderson, a 36 year old Milner, 31 year old injury prone Thiago, 67 year old injury prone, inconsistent Keita, Ox who's shit and injury prone, and Fabinho as our only competent DM, then maybe you need to think about a complete rebuild.

And that's before you get into our aging, waning attack, and the defence.

Whatever it was, the news at the time was he would be out for 1 or 2 weeks, and that became about 4 months.

So new injury or longer than normal to recover from original injury ... doesn't really matter, neither answer makes him look like a picture of health and fitness.

I still like him though
He’s boss when he’s firing. It’s a shame we’ve rarely seen it.

I mean I literally just posted this but you seem to want to ignore it as it doesn't fit with the rhetoric, these aren't the injury stats of someone injury-prone. Had the Blueshite not nobbled him then who knows if he'd have gone the rest of the season injury free or not. He had history of doing so.

20/21 : missed 4 games due to CV and 17 due to Richarlison
2019/20 (10)
2018/19 (7)
2017/18 (20)
2016/17 (4)
2015/16 (5)
2014/15 (6)

And how do these compare to our other players ? I doubt they are very different at all. Certainly not enough.

N.B. I doubt Klopp will sell Keita. There was a really good piece in (I think it was in the Echo) recently about how we really have no other player like him when we want to advance the ball in the final third.

I don't think championing a 30 year old player that has missed 52 games in 6 seasons as some sort of iron man is doing your cause too much good. But whatever, put a positive spin on it if you like. Fact is, people had reservations, and those reservations have been proven to be well-founded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom