• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Mo Contract Saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Donovan's world all transfers are paid for with used fivers, and the name of the player they are being used to buy is written on them. As that money is used to buy new players, their names are added to the list, so there is a perfect audit trail of which outgoing paid for which incoming.

I have an old fiver with a list, starting with "Elisha Scott (£4, 10s, 6d in change)" and ends up with "Luis Diaz" (in pencil only, at this stage), that I am going to put on eBay

How many players of Mo’s calibre with 18 months or so left on their contract actually end up staying?

The noises coming out from Klopp and Salah suggest it's going to happen. Nothing is set it stone, but there's more reasons to be optimistic than not. The club would be foolish to let him go unless we received a monumental offer from PSG for Salah to replace Mbappe, which is possible over the summer.

Salah, not impressed with the £400k p/w plus Liverpool one giftcard we offered.

Can't blame him. We've done fuck all positive in the transfer market since we won everything. He wants and deserves to win a few more titles, can't get upset with him.

Club are a pisstake. For a club at this level their spending is atrocious. They used to fall back on the giving out new contracts to existing players thing, but they're not even doing that with our best player.

So is this punishment then for the whole Super League bollocks? Probably. If we don't make big signings in the Summer and the Mo contract fails to get sorted, I hope the fans react to the shitbags.

Punishment for the Super League? That makes no sense. Why would anyone punish their own "asset" to look at it from FSGs angle.
If Salah leaves at this moment of time the value and reputation of the club would decrease. They certainly wont want that.

Firmino will leave, Sadio might sign a new deal if the total package is okay but Salah will sign a new deal. Nothing else makes sense.

It only makes sense to let him go if we get Coutinho type money from his sale... but I just can't see anyone coming up with that kinda cash unless Mbappe goes and PSG want to make statement signing.

I still don't think this is as straight forward as people make out. For me, it completely depends on what Salah is asking for.

I'd pay him the 'reported' per week wage, if a large chunk of it is on a performance basis. If he wants that same amount guaranteed regardless of how he performs, then I can understand the hesitancy by the club.

Hypothetically. if he were to be sold in the summer, would he go to Man City?
Because you can be sure that they would be very interested in him.

I’m not sure he would but who knows. If he were to go what would be the expected fee do you think?

Punishment for the Super League? That makes no sense. Why would anyone punish their own "asset" to look at it from FSGs angle.
If Salah leaves at this moment of time the value and reputation of the club would decrease. They certainly wont want that.

Firmino will leave, Sadio might sign a new deal if the total package is okay but Salah will sign a new deal. Nothing else makes sense.

You don't think there's room for a "this is what you wanted" attitude from FSG? I think it's entirely plausible.

As for the "he'll definitely sign" viewpoint. If I was Salah, looking at the dithering over the contract and the complete lack of ambition since winning the CL and League, he'd be mad to not go to a PSG or City.

Right so here’s the thing. Ordinarily I’d take the £100mill and sell. On paper he’s about to turn 30 and he only has 18 months left of his contrac. If we sold him now value would never higher. Makes good economic sense.

If you look a little closer things are not as simple. Firstly his age. Sure he’s about to turn 30 but this guy seriously looks after himself. It’s well known that he (along with Mane) are the first in the gym and the last out. He’s in terrific shape. Being a man of Muslim faith he doesn’t touch alcohol. He doesn’t smoke, go out to nightclubs and party hard. I doubt he even gambles. He’s a committed family man. He rarely gets injured and he loves the club. His birth certificate might say he’s about to turn 30 but I reckon physically he’s in better shape than most kids in the squad. Ronaldo levels of commitment to fitness. He probably won’t start to wane at least for another 5 years.

All that and he’s the best player in the world. You know what? I think we should keep him….

Right so here’s the thing. Ordinarily I’d take the £100mill and sell. On paper he’s about to turn 30 and he only has 18 months left of his contrac. If we sold him now value would never higher. Makes good economic sense.

If you look a little closer things are not as simple. Firstly his age. Sure he’s about to turn 30 but this guy seriously looks after himself. It’s well known that he (along with Mane) are the first in the gym and the last out. He’s in terrific shape. Being a man of Muslim faith he doesn’t touch alcohol. He doesn’t smoke, go out to nightclubs and party hard. I doubt he even gambles. He’s a committed family man. He rarely gets injured and he loves the club. His birth certificate might say he’s about to turn 30 but I reckon physically he’s in better shape than most kids in the squad. Ronaldo levels of commitment to fitness. He probably won’t start to wane at least for another 5 years.

All that and he’s the best player in the world. You know what? I think we should keep him….
Doesn't smoke? I've seen all those Arab boys on the sheesha in the clubs. SELL

Punishment for the Super League? That makes no sense.

I know folks who achieve Henry Werner dont tend to be the most emotional type. But I cant help but feel there is an air of "You didnt want the super league, right? Let us see how much you enjoy life without the super league?" attitude. Maybe I am overreacting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom