• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Summer rebuild 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen extremely weak rumours that the investment coming might be a 10% sale to some crowd from Singapore. If that number at least is correct how much goes into transfers?

The rumour is that the buying party is GIC, which makes me extremely skeptical, to the point of relegating this rumour to the Mbappe bin. But the rumour mongers seem pretty sincere, honest and GIC has the same stingy attitude as FSG...

Well anyway the rest of the rumour is that the investors are insisting the money goes to the team. Another reason to be skeptical I guess

GIC just doesn't make sense to me. Infrastructure funds favour long-term hold investments with regular dividends / interest returns (utilities, railways etc).
A football club doesn't meet any of those criteria. If they are interested then they must have run out of other suitable stuff to buy and have money burning a hole in their pockets, or else they'll be wanting some regular cash returns out of the club, something FSG haven't done once since they bought us. Odd.

[article]Valencia’s season has been a very difficult one, with the threat of relegation very real for Ruben Baraja’s side. After 27 matches, they sit 17th in the La Liga, with goal difference keeping them out of the drop zone.

Should their untimely demise occur, a fire sale is likely to occur at Estadio Mestalla, with several first team players expected to depart the club, should they fall into the second tier of Spanish football.

One player that could leave Valencia this summer, irrespective of what league the club is in next season, is Yunus Musah. The 20-year-old is highly regarded across Europe and in North America, with Liverpool in particular said to be impressed.

Relevo report that the Premier League giants could resume talks with Valencia in the summer, with negotiations having proven fruitless in January. Despite Musah’s release clause being €90m, he could leave for €35-40m.

Valencia would likely be pleased to generate significant funds this summer, as they look to rebuild after a disappointing couple of seasons in La Liga.[/article]

French rag reporting Real are unhappy with Tchouameni, who spends alot of the time on the bench. Appaz, they're willing to sell him. I'd definitely take him on loan

This makes absolutely no sense, of course, but… this is Florentino Perez we’re talking about. The man who got rid of prime Makelele because he was too “defensive” and is now apparently pushing Ancelotti out for some unknown reason. Imagine if we somehow ended up with Bellingham and Tchouameni next season…

This makes absolutely no sense, of course, but… this is Florentino Perez we’re talking about. The man who got rid of prime Makelele because he was too “defensive” and is now apparently pushing Ancelotti out for some unknown reason. Imagine if we somehow ended up with Bellingham and Tchouameni next season…

At what point would we have Tchouameni midfielders?

Red flag on the very mention of injury issues, hopefully we don’t end up freeing up space for & funding the signing of Bellingham for them

The gossip column also mentioning that Barcelona are willing to sell Raphina. Anyone been watching him recently? I was of the opinion they got him too easily given the lack of available right sided forwards. Thought he was very good at Leeds and in a couple of glimpses of Barcelona matches, but has it turned to shit for him?

The gossip column also mentioning that Barcelona are willing to sell Raphina. Anyone been watching him recently? I was of the opinion they got him too easily given the lack of available right sided forwards. Thought he was very good at Leeds and in a couple of glimpses of Barcelona matches, but has it turned to shit for him?
He has 6 goals and 4 assists in 1,355 mins and 25 games in La Liga and 9 goals and 9 assists in all comps.
Just going by those stats alone he has done well. Barca need money. That's why I said give them Thiago plus cash and get FdJ. They want £50m at least for Raphina, if Salah is sold then may be yeah

I think most Barca fans will say Raphinha has been largely disappointing. Definitely not someone I’d target.

I think most Barca fans will say Raphinha has been largely disappointing. Definitely not someone I’d target.
He hasn't gotten the minutes. 9 goals and 9 assists in all comps is decent I'd take him, then I remembered he had injury issues, when he was at Leeds

No clue about him. If this means Trent is not at RB, I am hopeful
[article]
Liverpool are now interested in signing Ajax right-back Devyne Rensch, according to GiveMeSport.

As per journalist Dean Jones, the Reds could join Manchester United in the race to the land the 20-year-old.

[/article]

I’ve mentioned him before more than once, but just watching motd and reminded again what a brilliant prospect Olise is.

Currently playing right wing - 4 assists today - but I’m convinced he could also move centrally, so kind of an upgrade (pace, penetration) on Elliott. Genuine cover / competition for Salah with a long term prospect of proving to be a top class right sided no.8.

We should be all over him this summer.

That's almost too good to be true price.
[article]
Chelsea and Liverpool are set to target 26-year-old Italy midfielder Nicolo Barella, with Inter Milan prepared to sell him for £44m.
[/article]

That's almost too good to be true price.
[article]
Chelsea and Liverpool are set to target 26-year-old Italy midfielder Nicolo Barella, with Inter Milan prepared to sell him for £44m.
[/article]

He has been not so good this season, no wonder they want to cash in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom