• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Summer rebuild 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else get the feeling, after Latvia, we will not get anyone else? Beyond Colwill, there isn't any other defender being linked. The way I see it is Colwill go to Brighton and Moises to Chelsea.
Well to be fair buying a whole bloody country is never cheap.

Edit: Mystic stealing my thunder. Sigh.

If he stays around with the seniors then hopefully the door will be open for him to get a reasonable number of minutes next season and not just left on the bench to rot.

No sign of a RB coming in so if Trent is injured at any point then ideally we revert back to a flat back 4 and this kid comes in.

Want to see him get rack up 700-800 minutes at least.

If he stays around with the seniors then hopefully the door will be open for him to get a reasonable number of minutes next season and not just left on the bench to rot.

No sign of a RB coming in so if Trent is injured at any point then ideally we revert back to a flat back 4 and this kid comes in.

Want to see him get rack up 700-800 minutes at least.
Ideally, but Gomez is our 2nd choice RB, I think.

Same can be said of Alexis Mac Allister He as hardly set the premier League alight has he

Well yes… he kind of has.

The 10 goals he scored from midfield last season, building on the 5 from the year before, kind of gives it away.

It's colwill or no one

And then we'll have an injury crisis

Rinse and repeat
This is pretty much it.

We're infatuated with this one player, who we obviously can't get.

We will inexplicably do nothing in the hope that a year down the line, things will change. It won't happen.

The CB injury crisis is so predictable that it's pure negligence not to do anything about it in this window. But hey, that's how we roll.

Well yes… he kind of has.

The 10 goals he scored from midfield last season, building on the 5 from the year before, kind of gives it away.
That’s on top of him being one of Argentina’s most important payers. I can’t think what they’ve achieved recently. Even outside of the premier league he has a high standing in the game.

That’s on top of him being one of Argentina’s most important payers. I can’t think what they’ve achieved recently. Even outside of the premier league he has a high standing in the game.

To be fair… DonnerVan was one of those shouting the loudest for us to sign he who’d cause an Exon Valdez type disaster if he went for a swim in the sea.

It's still pre-season and there's a long way to go, but it's frustrating again that we've lost so many players and are taking time to add new additions and bed them in. We always drag our feet in these sort of situations and then struggle to bed players in ready for the beginning of the season. Klopp says in his Hendo interview that they've known about this for a long time and have had time to prepare for the situation. Not sure if that's an honest, reassuring assessment, or a dig at those above, but whatever, we need to see things starting to come together.

We've arguably replaced these players who've gone - Firmino/Gapko, Nunez/Mane, Szobo and Mac for Ox/Milner/Keita. We haven't bought for the backline though, despite it having holes in it for the best part of three years now and we have to replace Henderson and/or Fabinho. Ok, so we have Badger, Jones and Elliott coming through, but still. The squad looks thin again in comparison to United, City, Arsenal and Chelsea. We're going to need a lot of luck with injuries, which recent years suggest won't happen.

It's still pre-season and there's a long way to go, but it's frustrating again that we've lost so many players and are taking time to add new additions and bed them in. We always drag our feet in these sort of situations and then struggle to bed players in ready for the beginning of the season. Klopp says in his Hendo interview that they've known about this for a long time and have had time to prepare for the situation. Not sure if that's an honest, reassuring assessment, or a dig at those above, but whatever, we need to see things starting to come together.

I'd bet the bank it's Option B. It's not the first time he's said such things. 99% of the time he's totally loyal in his public statements but the occasional sign of frustration does leak through now and then.

I'd bet the bank it's Option B. It's not the first time he's said such things. 99% of the time he's totally loyal in his public statements but the occasional sign of frustration does leak through now and then.

No doubt. Klopp doesnt go full Rafa or Conte or Mourinho. He also understands that we need to live within our means. But even within those parameters, we play it way too safe sometimes and I sure he is frustrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom