• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Summer Clear Out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck to Fabio, hope he gets the game time there and does some good things with Leipzig next season.

I thought Fabio was going to be the next big thing after his breakout season with Fulham.

What happened? How can he kick on? Playing time?

I thought Fabio was going to be the next big thing after his breakout season with Fulham.

What happened? How can he kick on? Playing time?

He doesn't lack for talent but position wise was always going to be an issue.....doesn't fit in a midfield 3 really and with the options we have in our front 3.....thought he should've had more opportunities/minutes at least at the back end of the season, Klopp really did cast him aside for 4-5 months which was a bit harsh.

Hopefully he can come back physically stronger next season....but minutes at Leipzig will be hard to come by, with Olmo Szobo Werner Silva there and having just signed Baumgartner too.

So why would Klopp cast him aside instead of working with him, you think?
Well I'm sure there would've been multiple discussions between the 2 in training on his game in general & what he could do to improve, Klopp recently I think in the Soton press came out and said he was one of the best he's seen in training sessions.

I think it was more on our situation chasing 4th as we were still in the mix until the draw against Villa, we know Klopp isn't thrilled as the thought of rotating teams and tends to keep it to a minimum & wanted to stick to his trialed and trusted....which is why we didn't see much of Harvey either.

Well I'm sure there would've been multiple discussions between the 2 in training on his game in general & what he could do to improve, Klopp recently I think in the Soton press came out and said he was one of the best he's seen in training sessions.

I think it was more on our situation chasing 4th as we were still in the mix until the draw against Villa, we know Klopp isn't thrilled as the thought of rotating teams and tends to keep it to a minimum & wanted to stick to his trialed and trusted....which is why we didn't see much of Harvey either.

So not as much of a reflection on the young fella!

It also mean £5m off the books and a freeing up of OS player role

No - it’ll mean us giving him away whilst paying half his wages - so he’ll still be on the books (financially) - while meaning we need to sign a right sided CB.

It will free up an OS spot though - so if we moved Matip on for say, Pavard, that might make sense.

No - it’ll mean us giving him away whilst paying half his wages - so he’ll still be on the books (financially) - while meaning we need to sign a right sided CB.

It will free up an OS spot though - so if we moved Matip on for say, Pavard, that might make sense.
What? If Basiktas come calling they will make low ball offer, but it won't include us paying the remainder of his wages

What? If Basiktas come calling they will make low ball offer, but it won't include us paying the remainder of his wages

They’ll want him on loan, with us covering a large portion of his wages.

They'll probably low ball us with a £5m offer and we'll probably end up getting a deal done for about £6-7m.
Lol... £2-3m at best. He has a year left.
They’ll want him on loan, with us covering a large portion of his wages.
Basiktas is in Turkey (not Italy), those guys will buy players for £2-3m and I'll happily sell

Last edited:
Lol... £2-3m at best. He has a year left.

Basiktas is in Turkey, those guys will buy players for £2-3m and I'll happily sell
They aint fucking getting him for that, can tell you that now.

Matip isn't just some piece of shit, he's our Matip!!!! His dressing room bants are worth 5m alone!!!!!

dopc0e7tq5ab1.jpg

Of all of our players, Fabinho is the one who makes the most to go to Saudi. Legs are going, still young enough to make several years of money in a slow league

If they pay £50m for Fab's, he can leave. May be Jorge should check out Youssouf Fofana? 24 years old and built like a tank. Read somewhere and @binomial has assured me only £25m release clause

Of all of our players, Fabinho is the one who makes the most to go to Saudi. Legs are going, still young enough to make several years of money in a slow league

Also I think because he doesn't get into the Brazil team, and isn't going to as long as Casemiro is around. So it's not as if he has an international place to hold on to.

To me it seems unlikely, he wants International Duty, he isn't going to get that going to Saudi, plus he needs to make atonement for last season which I believe he is working hard to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom