• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Summer 2019 Preseason

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've discussed our lack of options in the forward position as well as left back, but how about DM?
What if Fabinho gets sidelined for 4 months?

While Keita was setting the Bundesliga alight he was winning the ball himself in deeper positions as well as going on forward runs with it, and could well be an option if the need arose. He may not have played that kind of role for us so far, but then Klopp doesn't really play with a dedicated DM anyhow. He prefers all-rounders who can not only win the ball but then do something with it. Fabinho's defo in that mould and Keita's familiar with it from his Leipzig days. It's something to keep an eye on, yes, but not a cause for serious concern IMHO.

Just occurred to me - when Gini was pressed into service as a CB he did well there. If we were pushed, he'd be a good deeper-lying MF of this type iMO.

More rumours about Lovren leaving. It's understandable, I mean at 30 you don't want to be 4th choice.
I say sell and let Hoever, Van den Berg or Philips take that spot.
Worst case, Fabinho jumps in.

Sepp van den Berg, Ki-Jana Hoever, Bobby Duncan, Yasser Larouci and Adam Lewis have all been sent back to Merseyside to continue their new season preparations, according to the Liverpool ECHO.

So Brewster, Wilson and Elliott are still with team.

Sepp van den Berg, Ki-Jana Hoever, Bobby Duncan, Yasser Larouci and Adam Lewis have all been sent back to Merseyside to continue their new season preparations, according to the Liverpool ECHO.

So Brewster, Wilson and Elliott are still with team.
Which suggests, to state the obvious, that none of them are slated as back-ups for any position, especially FBs.

Klopp true to his word re. Brewster & Elliott.

Which suggests, to state the obvious, that none of them are slated as back-ups for any position, especially FBs.

Klopp true to his word re. Brewster & Elliott.

When everyone is healthy/rested, Milner is currently probably the first back-up for both RB and LB and then there is Gomez. So no need for Hoever/Larouci for City and Norwich, but over a long season depth in these positions will be vital.

BTW, I have a feeling Klopp has chosen Larouci over Adam Lewis.

Did Lewis play much in pre season? Don't recall many comments about his performances

I wouldn't be surprised if we see Elliot given a few outings at the start of the season whilst a loan somewhere is carefully selected for the second half of the season.

Did Lewis play much in pre season? Don't recall many comments about his performances

He played a lot of minutes, but mostly in midfield (bar the first couple of games). He looks tiny compared to other players – excellent cross and smart passer, but I think Klopp will find Larouci's athleticism more valuable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom