• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Summer 2019 Preseason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha what the fuck? He always seemed to look after himself at Chelsea, then he gets his dream move to Real and starts taking the piss like this? Something doesn't add up.

In his defense, those Belgian waffles are really delicious.

(P.S. this whole story seems to have originated from a fake/parody account)

Last edited:
The daily fail seemed to think it’s genuine enough to justify pulling the plug on Bale’s departure.

Woodburn is clearly dead and buried - couldn't hold a place for a good Sheffield United side so was only ever going to go back to the Championship at best. There is still a chance for him somewhere if he applies himself, but not with us.

The Hazard story reminds me of a time during a rowing season I paid for a nutritionist. I had moved to a new club as I saw that an ex GB coach was moving there to become head coach and thought it would be a great experience. His training plan was killing me and i was getting dizzy spells so thought it must be my diet. Saw a nutritionist who gave me target macros (including a shit load of carbs, 750g a day on training days!!!) and i gained about 4-5kg in 2 weeks.

I got bollocked by the coach, who i then told about the nutritionist and that got me even more stick. I then couldn't drop the weight easily as training in a deficit to lose that weight would have killed me even more - i took maybe 2-3 months to slowly get back to the weight i was. Savage.

That white shirt isn't flattering to his gut.

Whilst i'm annoyed at what feels like a missed opportunity to really test our back ups - i do completely trust Klopp and think people getting to him in such a big way is nuts. I think a portion of our fan base started to think we could afford to buy 50-70m players each window after watching the likes of VVD, Salah, Alisson, Keita come in without properly realising that so much of this was due to selling to buy. Klopp clearly believes in the squad, but it does feel that - just maybe - he is being too picky on a front player and praying that we can start >35 games of the season with Mane, Bobby & Mo.

Who knows what the reasons are...

My hope is that we have strong indications that we’ll be able to get an elite talent next summer and as such are keeping our powder dry.

But that’s wishful thinking.

All this talk about getting priced out of the market and we still managed to sign two highly rated teenagers.
So my question is, aren't there any highly talented left backs and wing forwards we can buy as well?

Also our "new" signing for next season is clearly Grujic.

All this talk about getting priced out of the market and we still managed to sign two highly rated teenagers.
So my question is, aren't there any highly talented left backs and wing forwards we can buy as well?

Also our "new" signing for next season is clearly Grujic.

TBF we saw glimpses of a highly talented LB who got assaulted by Sevilla. He had us all excited about his qualities for an unknown name straight away. Do we know how long he's out for - i can't remember how serious it was?

TBF we saw glimpses of a highly talented LB who got assaulted by Sevilla. He had us all excited about his qualities for an unknown name straight away. Do we know how long he's out for - i can't remember how serious it was?
You mean Larouci?

Yep. Appreciate he is likely a LW in the future, but we were playing him at LB and had a lot of the attacking instincts of Robbo/TAA.
Yeah can't fault his attacking. A bit worried about the defensive side. We'll just have to wait and see.

In reality I'm only bothered about the lack of left back cover, and not adding additional support for the front three. Our midfield is more than good enough, centre backs are better than people give it credit for (Matip was immense in Gomez's absence), even for the two I mentioned at the beginning, we have Milner, Origi and Brewster. I guess a lot of this depends on how much faith you wanna place in Brewster to push the front three (Origi is a known quantity).

I suppose the question comes down to this, would you be happy if we lined up like this away against Norwich in January?

----------------Allison----------------
TAA------Matip---VVD-----Milner
-----------Gini----Hendo------------
-----------------Ox--------------------
Salah------Brewster-------Mane

Because likely thats the level of rotation we'll see, Gomez, Robbo, Keita, Fabinho, Firmino all not playing due to injury or fatigue, a random, but representative slice of our team out, and with them gone, do I still think that team could and should beat Norwich? 100%.

I get the missed opportunity shouts I do, but we are still in really good shape as a squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom