• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Stoke Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark1975

-------------Reina--------------
Kelly--Carra--Skrtel--Konch
-------Lucas-Meireles--------
-Johnson--Gerrard---Maxi--
---------------Torres----------

Kuyt looked shattered last night after two games returning from injury. Kelly did too so maybe we might revert to Carra/Skrtel/Soto/Konch. The latter really needs to pull his finger out because he was woeful last night.

---------------------Reina-------------------

Kelly--------Carra--------Skittles------Konch

--------------Meireles----Gerrard-----------

------Kuyt------Cole----------Jova--------

-----------------Torres-----------------------

Mark it is a bit strange that you chose to single out Konc's performance last night as the woeful one. I don't think anyone in the back apart from Kelly could be satisfied with their showings.

I'd certainly play Soto on behalf of either Carra (if moved to RB) or Skrtel as we'll need his headed clearances. Skrtel is simply one of the worst headers of the ball I've seen at Liverpool and Carra isn't exactly a dominant figure in the air either.

My pick:

..............................................Reina..........................................................

Carra............................Skrtel.............Soto........................................Konc

...............................Poulsen...................Lucas.........................................

Raul.....................................Gerrard...................................................Kuyt

...................................................Torres.....................................................

Looks like a scrappy 1-nil at best and I'd be happy to take that at this stage. Poulsen and Lucas would need to run their socks off and then hopefully help us retain a bit more of the possession than what was the case last night. No wonder our players are getting tired as they are constantly trying to win the ball back instead of moving it a bit around.

[quote author=KHL link=topic=42710.msg1215917#msg1215917 date=1289467823]
Mark it is a bit strange that you chose to single out Konc's performance last night as the woeful one. I don't think anyone in the back apart from Kelly could be satisfied with their showings.

I'd certainly play Soto on behalf of either Carra (if moved to RB) or Skrtel as we'll need his headed clearances. Skrtel is simply one of the worst headers of the ball I've seen at Liverpool and Carra isn't exactly a dominant figure in the air either.

My pick:

..............................................Reina..........................................................

Carra............................Skrtel.............Soto........................................Konc

...............................Poulsen...................Lucas.........................................

Raul.....................................Gerrard...................................................Kuyt

...................................................Torres.....................................................

Looks like a scrappy 1-nil at best and I'd be happy to take that at this stage. Poulsen and Lucas would need to run their socks off and then hopefully help us retain a bit more of the possession than what was the case last night. No wonder our players are getting tired as they are constantly trying to win the ball back instead of moving it a bit around.
[/quote]

Why would anyone pick The Cunt Twins to play together?

I don't want to see us playing with 4/5 central midfielders any more. When you're using the likes of Kaka, Pirlo and Seedorf in good form, it has a chance of working. When you're using the likes of Lucas and Poulsen... not so much.

[quote author=Brendan link=topic=42710.msg1215918#msg1215918 date=1289467884]
[quote author=KHL link=topic=42710.msg1215917#msg1215917 date=1289467823]

My pick:

[/quote]

Why would anyone pick The Cunt Twins to play together?
[/quote]
It actually hurt my eyes a little but what are the options Brendan?

I don't believe for one second that Jova is the answer to anything and as I'd really like us to retain more of the possession counter-attacking players with pace are not the ones I'd start with.

Shelvey for all the praise had a mare last night and should be given a little break. Spearing is very tiny and against Stoke I'd prefer someone a little more capable in the air as Poulsen. He's not good in the air but a little more capable than Jay.

With Cole still out and Maxi not really excelling away from home I'd hope that with Gerrard moved further upfield with Lucas and Poulsen covering we'd be able to get the best out of the Gerrard/Torres combo.

With Cole still out and Maxi not really excelling away from home I'd hope that with Gerrard moved further upfield with Lucas and Poulsen covering we'd be able to get the best out of the Gerrard/Torres combo.

The Cunt Twins *are* Lucarse and Crapsen.

And they're the worst CM partnership in the Premiership. By a MILE.

[quote author=keniget link=topic=42710.msg1215921#msg1215921 date=1289468189]
I don't want to see us playing with 4/5 central midfielders any more. When you're using the likes of Kaka, Pirlo and Seedorf in good form, it has a chance of working. When you're using the likes of Lucas and Poulsen... not so much.
[/quote]
We need to keep the ball in our own ranks much more than have been the case and as our current crop of fit CBs aren't exactly helping in that department you'll need two midfielders capable of keeping hold of the ball. At least that's how I'd address the Stoke game. Last nights long ball tactics would almost litterally murder our defenders and midfielders in the upcoming game as we'd constantly be met with long balls into our own area.

[quote author=Brendan link=topic=42710.msg1215924#msg1215924 date=1289468529]

[/quote]
Imagine if you were judging Shelvey by the same standards you are judging other players. It's certainly been a while since I've seen anyone as abysmal as he was last night.

Stoke have Huth, Shawcross, Faye & Kenwynne Jones and will hit us with endless high balls from every set-piece (it's their only form of attack). We counter that by playing 4 tall defenders.

--------------------------------------Reina---------------------------------------

Kelly-----------------Kyriakos----------------Skrtel--------------------Carra

Kuyt-----------------Meireles-----------------Shelvey----------------Maxi
-------------------------------------Gerrard------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------Torres----------------------------------

This team would beat Stoke but unfortunately Roy will pick Lucas and we'll struggle to another draw.

[quote author=KHL link=topic=42710.msg1215928#msg1215928 date=1289468865]

[/quote]
Imagine if you were judging Shelvey by the same standards you are judging other players. It's certainly been a while since I've seen anyone as abysmal as he was last night.
[/quote]

Poulsen has been equally inept so far and what's his excuse? He's 12 years Shelvey's senior. Shelvey has shown some good so far, everyone was all over the place last night and we couldn't pass as a team, never mind an 18 year old individual coming on and playing out of position in a team that was already clearly facing an uphill task.

[quote author=Pesam link=topic=42710.msg1215931#msg1215931 date=1289468960]
Stoke have Huth, Shawcross, Faye & Kenwynne Jones and will hit us with endless high balls from every set-piece (it's their only form of attack). We counter that by playing 4 tall defenders.

--------------------------------------Reina---------------------------------------

-------------------------------------Gerrard------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------Torres----------------------------------

This team would beat Stoke but unfortunately Roy will pick Lucas and we'll struggle to another draw.

[/quote]
Pesam I normally agree with a lot of what you are saying but to start Shelvey in that game after his performance last night could potentially be one of the worst decisons made by Roy since he's taken over. Which says quite a lot.

[/quote]
[/quote]

He's about 18 isn't he?

That fucking CUNT Crapsen is a decade older, cost £5m and earns £60,000 a week. SPOT THE DIFFERENCE.

But hey, you carry on defending the dismal twat. The rest of us will be hoping and praying Budgie sells him in January, or he gets injured.

----------------------Reina
Kelly--------Carra-------Skrtel-------Konchesky
--------------Shelvey----Meireles-----------
-------Gerrard-------Cole-------Kuyt
----------------------Torres

Gerrard, Cole, and Kuyt to switch as and when they please. Meireles and Shelvey to sit and form the backbone of the team. This should be the way going forward in the season.

No Lucas, No Poulsen. Get Johnson back in the first team when he starts showing some form and start giving Kelly some experience in the centre (maybe as a sub for Carra in games we're winning).

And by January, sack Roy - get a good left winger, an aerially dominant centre-back, a defensive midfielder to replace Lucas/Poulsen and a back-up for Torres - THEN we'll be back on track for 4th.

[quote author=Brendan link=topic=42710.msg1215934#msg1215934 date=1289469145]

[/quote]
[/quote]

He's about 18 isn't he?

That fucking CUNT Crapsen is a decade older, cost £5m and earns £60,000 a week. SPOT THE DIFFERENCE.

But hey, you carry on defending the dismal twat. The rest of us will be hoping and praying Budgie's replacement sells him in January, or he gets injured.
[/quote]

Corrected.

[/quote]
[/quote]

Fucking hell no wonder managers won't give youth a chance, the lad is 18 years of age learning his trade. He will have some stinkers of games but the worst thing for his confidence is for fans to turn on him whilst he's still learning. He's made the jump of 2 divsions this iin itself will take some getting used, and to say he should lambasted just as Lucas and Poulsen is absolute Horse shit if i'm honest. Lucas has been consistently shite for a number of years, ableit the last few games and Poulsen lets not go there really.

[quote author=mark1975 link=topic=42710.msg1215932#msg1215932 date=1289469067]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Poulsen has been equally inept so far and what's his excuse? He's 12 years Shelvey's senior. Shelvey has shown some good so far, everyone was all over the place last night and we couldn't pass as a team, never mind an 18 year old individual coming on and playing out of position in a team that was already clearly facing an uphill task.
[/quote]
I don't think Poulsen lost any possession in the twenty minutes he were on the pitch last night. Didn't make much use of it you could argue but at least it gives you a little breather with players on the pitch who aren't constantly giving away possession.

Had Poulsen made a few of those horrendous back-passes Shelvey made last night you'd crusify him on here and I wouldn't blame you.

Poulsen has had an abysmal start to his Anfield career but I've still seen him play about a hundred times before and know he can do a lot better than what he's done so far and at least he's capable of retaining possession. I'm not saying he's a good choice only that he's probably better than our options.

Would you seriously consider starting Jonjo against Stoke mate?

[/quote]
[/quote]

He's about 18 isn't he?

But hey, you carry on defending the dismal twat. The rest of us will be hoping and praying Budgie sells him in January, or he gets injured.
[/quote]

KHL.
Nationality = Danish

Poulsen.
Nationality = Danish.

Spot the similarities.

[quote author=KHL link=topic=42710.msg1215944#msg1215944 date=1289469411]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I missed the game last night, but regardless, that'd be a no-brainer for me. I want Shelvey starting ahead of both Lucas and Poulsen as he's a better player and he's shown that already this season.

I hear he had a stinker last night, but he is 18 and he was played on the right. More than happy to give him this much leeway after the promise he has shown.

[quote author=Redshrek link=topic=42710.msg1215942#msg1215942 date=1289469346]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Fucking hell no wonder managers won't give youth a chance, the lad is 18 years of age learning his trade. He will have some stinkers of games but the worst thing for his confidence is for fans to turn on him whilst he's still learning. He's made the jump of 2 divsions this iin itself will take some getting used, and to say he should lambasted just as Lucas and Poulsen is absolute Horse shit if i'm honest. Lucas has been consistently shite for a number of years, ableit the last few games and Poulsen lets not go there really.
[/quote]
All I'm saying is that should Shelvey start against Stoke and play another game like last night fans would start turning against him and he could suffer severely from that. Last night showed that he's not ready to be a starter yet - it'll come over time - but there's no need for us to risk to ruin the young lads confidence against a team like Stoke away that'll love to tear him apart.

[quote author=KHL link=topic=42710.msg1215933#msg1215933 date=1289469114]
[quote author=Pesam link=topic=42710.msg1215931#msg1215931 date=1289468960]

[/quote]
Pesam I normally agree with a lot of what you are saying but to start Shelvey in that game after his performance last night could potentially be one of the worst decisons made by Roy since he's taken over. Which says quite a lot.
[/quote]

I didn't see the game last night KHL but I just hate the thought of Lucas or Poulsen ever playing for us again and would almost rather field 10 players. If Cole is fit I'd stick him off Torres and SG beside Meireles.

[quote author=dmishra link=topic=42710.msg1215946#msg1215946 date=1289469616]
[quote author=KHL link=topic=42710.msg1215944#msg1215944 date=1289469411]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I missed the game last night, but regardless, that'd be a no-brainer for me. I want Shelvey starting ahead of both Lucas and Poulsen as he's a better player and he's shown that already this season.

I hear he had a stinker last night, but he is 18 and he was played on the right. More than happy to give him this much leeway after the promise he has shown.
[/quote]
I didn't.

It would be extremely bold of any manager to throw any 18-year-old in at the deep end only days after a performance like that. He'll learn from it and improve from it as well but give him at least some time to get himself back up again.

Poulsen on the other hand should be used to the pressure and as every Liverpool fan are already hating his guts he should go outthere and prove a point and prove why he was brought in in the first place. He'll perhaps fail and you can all hate him some more but better he does it than Shelvey at this stage.

[quote author=KHL link=topic=42710.msg1215947#msg1215947 date=1289469664]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
All I'm saying is that should Shelvey start against Stoke and play another game like last night fans would start turning against him and he could suffer severely from that. Last night showed that he's not ready to be a starter yet - it'll come over time - but there's no need for us to risk to ruin the young lads confidence against a team like Stoke away that'll love to tear him apart.
[/quote]

The only argument I want to hear against a young player is that he's physically not ready. Else, the 'if he's good enough, he's old enough' rule applies (unless he's a defender and you're about to face a team with a striker like Drogba/Torres). I've yet to see such a young player whose confidence was destroyed because he was played too early.

Shelvey's clearly someone who's physically ready. Hence, he needs to play.

[/quote]
[/quote]

He's about 18 isn't he?

[/quote]
Do you remember how old Insua was when he first broke into the first team?

So because Shelvey's English you are ready to give him a leeway?

What is it you are accusing me of again?

[quote author=dmishra link=topic=42710.msg1215959#msg1215959 date=1289470479]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

The only argument I want to hear against a young player is that he's physically not ready. Else, the 'if he's good enough, he's old enough' rule applies (unless he's a defender and you're about to face a team with a striker like Drogba/Torres). I've yet to see such a young player whose confidence was destroyed because he was played too early.

[/quote]
Then you are clearly not paying much attention. Both Lucas and Insua has suffered greatly from this. Thrown in at deep end with far to much pressure on their shoulders. One has been called the worst player to ever wear the shirt the other has been shipped off.

Being laughably biased towards every single Danish player and manager in the world.

Which you are.

[quote author=Brendan link=topic=42710.msg1215962#msg1215962 date=1289470726]

Being laughably biased towards every single Danish player and manager in the world.

Which you are.
[/quote]

Poulsen has been crap for us.

Anyways as you were Brendan I've made my point.

[quote author=KHL link=topic=42710.msg1215961#msg1215961 date=1289470717]
[quote author=dmishra link=topic=42710.msg1215959#msg1215959 date=1289470479]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Then you are clearly not paying much attention. Both Lucas and Insua has suffered greatly from this. Thrown in at deep end with far to much pressure on their shoulders. One has been called the worst player to ever wear the shirt the other has been shipped off.
[/quote]

I think the problem with Lucas and Insua isn't that they've suffered in confidence but rather that they're both quite shit. Hence, my logic still holds good.

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Last night was hardly the ideal situation, so I think he can be forgiven for having a bad game. He did well in both games against Napoli when we were keeping the ball alot better as a team, and in his more favoured role.

No one mentioned him starting against Stoke, that's besides the point, but you seem content to make your mind up about whether he's ready based on one 45 minute appearance, while dressing up another nothing display from Poulsen. And as I've said, given I rip in to Glen Jo at every given opportunity I don't think you can accuse me of backing him because he's English, I'm backing him because he's clearly got talent.

Maybe it's just me Mark.

I don't think he 'just had a bad game' last night I thought he was shocking and as such should be given a little break and certainly not start come Stoke as several posters has been suggesting in this thread.

You have to protect your youngsters a bit and it would be extremely daft to start him against Stoke. Far to much pressure on him.

Shelvey looks a real talent and I've got very high hopes for him but he needs time to get used to the pace of the Prem that's all I'm saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom