• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Spurs Revival and Lamela

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRedCrusade

Very Active
Erik Lamela finally having a brilliant time at Spurs under Pochettino, I am worried about them more than Scums actually.

Pochettino has basically done with Spurs what he did with SOton - he's making them press higher up the pitch, and play quicker. That will suit Lamela ...

yes their team finally seems to be settling as a unit. Only their midfield is questionable otherwise they have a good team. Certainly not as good as ours on paper, but who plays football on paper

Spurs the great pretenders. Lets beat Citeh then ambush Spurs and publicly thank Pochettino for the 3 So'ton arrivals.

Spurs will probably follow the pattern set by Pochettino at his other clubs: fast starters but will run out of steam a bit towards the end of the season as their players tire from the intensity of his training and style.

They've got a strong AM with Eriksen and now Lamela, but most other positions they lack quality compared to the top 4.

Not serious contenders IMO - although I think we will struggle to win there next weekend.

Spurs will probably follow the pattern set by Pochettino at his other clubs: fast starters but will run out of steam a bit towards the end of the season as their players tire from the intensity of his training and style.

They've got a strong AM with Eriksen and now Lamela, but most other positions they lack quality compared to the top 4.

Not serious contenders IMO - although I think we will struggle to win there next weekend.
Aagreed...lets see same shit repeats, because they also have europe and epl both

Spurs are crap
Arsenal are crap
Chelski are crap
Citeh are crap
Everton are crap
Utd are crap

Liverpool, by the far the greatest team the world has ever seen

I hate Spurs but I would love it...love it if they pipped Arsenal and Man Utd to 4th place.

Arsenal seem to have a permanent voodoo on them though.

If it's worthy as a thread on it's own, break it down to man. Ross would be turning in his e-grave.

Unfortunately I was very impressed by what I saw of Spurs on Saturday, I'm hoping that's more to do with how shocking QPR were. On the flip side, they were dire against West Ham and didn't deserve anything, so hopefully that's more of a true reflection. Regardless, I'm nervous of heading there next weekend, especially if we lose tonight.

QPR is so unbelievably pathetic that drawing any conclusions from that match is pointless. At this stage the only guaranteed points for QPR this season look like they will come against the scum.

I have reservations about an all in one thread

If you want to talk about Spurs and Lamela, Create a thread for the topic of discussion, etc etc. We activley encourage it.

On that basis Thread Locked

yep i definitely think they'll be up there battling it out for top 4, think it will be hard fought between arsenal spurs and ourselves for the two cl places the oil barons dont take

hey guys ! while we're at it, let's just create a thread each week for every 19 other teams in the league too ! might as well, since we're so bored !

hey guys ! while we're at it, let's just create a thread each week for every 19 other teams in the league too ! might as well, since we're so bored !
A lot of boards do this, and/or have individual threads dedicated to discussing current/former/potential/other players organized as such.

A lot of boards do this, and/or have individual threads dedicated to discussing current/former/potential/other players organized as such.

They would just die every time nobody posted in them for two weeks though.

Revival. Pfffft. After two games.

One away against a boring shit team and they played down to their level, and one at home against an utter shit team which they smacked home.

They also spanked Sunderland 5-1 last season, and put 4 past Newcastle and 3 past Stoke without answer. Didn't stop them from getting destroyed by the clubs that mattered though.

I do think they'll do better this season though, just because Pochettino seems a good manager, and I think Soldado and Lamela can't do a lot worse than the last season. Then again, who knows - we said the same thing about Torres after he went to Chelsea. "He can't do worse"... well, it went on for 4 seasons.

I predicted that they'll finish above the Mancs, which I suppose is about as glorious as their city rivals taking selfies after finishing 4th.

A brilliant time? He's played 2 league games, and was subbed off after 60mins in the first one. And didn't get a game in europe. Too early to tell anything about him.

Fazio to Spurs goes through.

He's hilariously slow though, like Mertesacker, Van Buyten slow, according to my FIFA scouting.

So yeah, hopefully he starts against us for Spurs and they play a high line that we can shred.

Spurs were always going to improve - there is plenty of talent in that squad.

As for Lamela, it was always too early to label him a flop. He's got loads of talent.

Spurs were always going to improve - there is plenty of talent in that squad.

As for Lamela, it was always too early to label him a flop. He's got loads of talent.
I was hoping they would panic sell Lamela on the cheap to somebody this window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom