• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Something Strange Afoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure this is an entirely new variant of Stockholm Syndrome.

Not going to lie. I haven't been reading Bostons posts as his writing style reminds me off VIP in his less sane moments

Smart fella. Keep it up and save yourself a potential aneurysm

FSG as a group are in the shits. There has been almost no cashflow for almost 6 months but players and staff still needed to be paid. Combine redsox salaries with LFC salaries, you're probably looking at £200m plus in outgoings during the lockdown.
I don't know what cash surpluses they have but I doubt it's £200m. The £30m profit made from player sales last season has probably gone to plugging some of that massive black hole. I was initially bitching about how tight fisted cunts FSG were. However, if you put yourself in their shoes, would you borrow more money, or sell what you have to generate more cash?

Relative to their income it was one of the highest in the league, and that was precovid. With no gate receipts and reduced TV money they have to be running massive losses.
I think unlike FSG their owners or ts his hands in his pockets, where as we get loans that we have to pay back...anyways that's my understanding of it I may be well wrong

How many years is 71 lizard years in human years?

119370210_10157392213542826_721279923477697882_o.jpg

^ John Henry has to have the most emotionless face I think I have ever seen. There's nothing going on in there.

As cakes go, that's fucking ugly. The cups look like they've been drawn by a 12 year-old

I’m more interested by what’s in the cabinets behind him.

Can’t really make out the labels - but looks like a smattering of Burgundy, Bordeaux and what’s probably some high end Californian Cabernet.

I’d imagine it’s not Tesco’s own brand bought on a twofer deal.

I’m more interested by what’s in the cabinets behind him.

Can’t really make out the labels - but looks like a smattering of Burgundy, Bordeaux and what’s probably some high end Californian Cabernet.

I’d imagine it’s not Tesco’s own brand bought on a twofer deal.

I was getting some wine in Costco the other day and one of the guides stated a certain bottle would age well over the next 20 years. No fucking way a £40 bottle of wine will last years in my house. I have 2 kids. That wine would be cracked open once the shits were in bed.

I was getting some wine in Costco the other day and one of the guides stated a certain bottle would age well over the next 20 years. No fucking way a £40 bottle of wine will last years in my house. I have 2 kids. That wine would be cracked open once the shits were in bed.

Hahahahaha.

At lot of the ageing stuff is bullshit - because it’ll only age well if stored correctly.

Even then, the secondary characteristics that develop in aged wine are not necessarily to everyone’s taste.

Equally, too young and some will taste like you’re chewing on a lump of wood.

I’m dubious about any wine that’s over 5 years old - although, if it’s a good one, it can be delightful.

If the club was o the market, I wonder who would be the likely buyers would be? I'm guessing the networth of the future owner would be in teens of billions to 10s of billions. i think Sheikh Maktoum through one his investment was heard as saying, LFCs value is too high for them

That’s the thing - buyers will only really be interested if the club’s undervalued or if they think they can add value.

I don’t know how much financial growth is left for LFC given current conditions - short of taking more control of TV revenues.

I’d say it’s more likely we’d get someone to take a minority stake in the club.

It doesn’t feel like a great investment for future return.

If COVID knocks the value down - that might attract buyers.

Possibly FSG are gearing up to be able to leverage greater returns from TV at some point, by having more direct control over that revenue - particularly international markets.

30 years to win this thing, don't want to wait another 30. There was/is a real opportunity to take control of the league and capitalize on the wonderful success over the past couple of seasons.

If we don't sign anyone then we will still likely be up there or thereabouts but we can give ourselves a real solid chance to keep things fresh and exciting by signing a couple of world class players instead of 18 year old goalkeepers.
Plus that caffeine will start to wear off now.

30 years to win this thing, don't want to wait another 30. There was/is a real opportunity to take control of the league and capitalize on the wonderful success over the past couple of seasons.

Yeah, we finally win the league and somehow still end up getting fucked.

Can we get Bruce to piss on something else? The curse hasn't quite been lifted.

Yeah, we finally win the league and somehow still end up getting fucked.

Can we get Bruce to piss on something else? The curse hasn't quite been lifted.

Has anyone gone into the details about this curse and Brucie's urine?
Is it a one time fix all? Or does it need regular perennial urinating?

Does it have to be another player from years gone by? Or is it Brucie's pee that is the cure!?

Sooo.. according to that original post now that £20 odd mill has been spent
Do we have much left for any more signing?

So after all that, we signed Thiago and completely out of the blue sign what looks like a quality back up forward. I guess that was the strange thing that was afoot. Our persual of jota, completely in the dark.

We then school an on paper dangerous Chelsea side.

To top it off, the only other area we were bitching about, CB, we found out that Klopps creative solution was actually superb...

Oh and Man U lost and looked completely shite.

What a difference 3 days make!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom