• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Site Software Ugrade

I get loads of notifications now on Tapatalk saying that some cunt has replied to a thread Ive posted in, etc.

How do I turn this off? Its annoying.

Thanks x

I turned off my notification in the tapatalk asp settings mate. Works perfectly.

I get loads of notifications now on Tapatalk saying that some cunt has replied to a thread Ive posted in, etc.

How do I turn this off? Its annoying.

Thanks x

turn the notifications off in the application settings..

Either globally or site specific.. I turn them off globally tbh..

They are Responsive..

The idea of them is to help generate traffic to the site..

I've requested a user opt out option from the author..

He is pretty good.. failing that I will have a go myself...

Ah yeah, I get why you have them.

In my experience it doesn't always pan out as easily as that, adding sharing buttons does not always lead to people actually sharing content, and depending on implementation, it can lead to a decrease in them.

It also depends on the content on the website, as to what sites you should have in it. For example Pinterest is a strange one to have, their target market is pretty much the opposite of what's on this site, and as it's only images you can share, it won't make sense in 90% of the threads on here.

For this site, I reckon only facebook, twitter and reddit are the only ones that really make sense.

You have a point on pintrest.. removed...

I have also toned the buttons down a little for desktop and larger tablet users

Last edited:
In the 'members online' box, why are some names shown in black text?
Rich user name, I changed them

Red - Admin
Green - Moderator's
Light Green - Forum Mods
Black - Hon Members
Gold - Members
Transparent - Invisible users (only admins and mods can see them)

Ah yeah, I get why you have them.

In my experience it doesn't always pan out as easily as that, adding sharing buttons does not always lead to people actually sharing content, and depending on implementation, it can lead to a decrease in them.

@RedNinja Out of curiosity, how is this working out? Has it driven many new users?

Site hits and the registration count is up.. Though that maybe down to other methods I've implemented to increase traffic.
The Sitemap is integrated much better with Googles search engines.

That being said its all very well people registering, but we need them to contribute and not be scared away..

Good to see some old heads coming back, but some new blood that doesn't worship Lucas would be great..

If they get scared away by us cunts then they're not gonna fit well long term anyway.

If there's more traffic we should get some increase in posters over time.

Back
Top Bottom