• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll *SITE RENEWAL* please read

Prefix for Poll Threads

site options

• I’ll stick in a few quid and crowdfund this bitch

• Lets put some ads up in here I dont mind it.

• Can we get a site sponsor with the occassional pop up to pay the site fee

• Weve had a good run. I say call time.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The total is already exceeded.
Looks like plenty for at least two probably three years.
Thank you to everyone who donated.
Feel free if you havnt yet to still chuck in and we will just leave it aside for upgrades and longer term (Jono did that last time too) or get it next time (maybe 2021 or 2022)

Amazing support
Thank you all so much.
The most weird incestuous site in the world. Never welcomed ANYONE to join, but we love EVERYONE who stays.

Love you guys.
X

It's a build as you go option.. buy in bulk it becomes cheaper..

You maybe right it may very well be worth investigating..

Host costs work out around £250 to £300 a year, Depends on what you want more storage, memory, CPU cost more money.. ATM it's about £260 a year.. I say £300 to cover upgrade asked I have upgrades to perform which require setting up a separate server in the interim, as the Linux varient is so outdated, the software Xenforo cannot be updated. Here is where I could probably look at an alternative host.. Suggestion would be great..

ATM 50gb, 2 GB Ram, Dual Core

Moving forward.. probably look at.. 50gb - 80gb host, dual to quad core CPU, 2-4 GB ram

The database is the thing we carry out our own backup's which takes space.. With manager d hosti solution we wouldn't have to worry about that, as the host would do all that for you..

The bigger the site gets the more infrastructure it needs.. we learnt quickly a single cpu could not deal with the amount of traffic we receive.. Each user represent a connection to the database.. opening thread generates queries, which increases CPU load.. Get 800 users online during a match day thread (which we have had on a few rare occasion) you grind to a halt..

So that was upgraded...

Xenforo Licences £65 (inc Vat) a year

Other licences £50 - £80 a year

Domains £10-£20 a year
Bloody hell @6TimesaRed, you’ve been talking about the upgrade for 4 years? I did it in 3 bloody weeks

Smart Arse..

This was the one before last. And the last upgrade I did. This was just after 2.x came out I think, with v1 still supported.

*Issues warning for bumping a lock thread..*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom