• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sheffield United v Liverpool - Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look around the premiership, there are plenty of mediocre keepers where they just turn up, do their job and you don't talk about them at the end of the game because there is nothing to talk about. I'll take one of them over Adrian to be honest.

For Adrian though, he always have that clanger element, crappy kicking, bad decision making, dodgy hands etc, even back when he was at West Ham.

It's almost like Mendy versus Kepa over at Chelsea. Since Mendy has came in I have not heard his name twice whereas Kepa had his in the headlines after almost every match before he was dropped.

If you look around the premiership, there are plenty of mediocre keepers where they just turn up, do their job and you don't talk about them at the end of the game because there is nothing to talk about. I'll take one of them over Adrian to be honest.

For Adrian though, he always have that clanger element, crappy kicking, bad decision making, dodgy hands etc, even back when he was at West Ham.

It's almost like Mendy versus Kepa over at Chelsea. Since Mendy has came in I have not heard his name twice whereas Kepa had his in the headlines after almost every match before he was dropped.

True - but there is one thing you are leaving out of all this, when those Keepers play for us a single mistake is magnified beyond reason - and therefore that Keeper usually goes downhill unless they have a mind of steel, which is very rare. We are professionals at doing that to Keepers now.

True - but there is one thing you are leaving out of all this, when those Keepers play for us a single mistake is magnified beyond reason - and therefore that Keeper usually goes downhill unless they have a mind of steel, which is very rare. We are professionals at doing that to Keepers now.

When we were flying in the past with a stable defense, I will argue that our keeper didn't really have much to do in some matches. Perhaps a couple of normal footballing situations whereby you just need a stable pair of hands, or decent kicking and you are back to watching the match. Whereas the situations faced by the goalkeepers playing for lesser teams are much more frequent and intense on a whole.

I am a probability man, so I would imagine Adrian's fuck-ups against the amount of situations faced, would be right up there in the "bad" zone.

Aaron Ramsdale looked impressive, wonder if Sheff Utd will sell him? Wouldn't mind him as number 2, possibly swap deal with Harry Wilson?

I think Kelleher has earned position as our number two. Don't see us bringing in another goalkeeper. While I feel that Adrian needed replacing at #2, Kelleher does not. I really liked the support Adrian gave Kelleher, though, before his initial appearances, and having displaced Adrian in the lineup. That was classy.

3rd choice? He was 2nd choice at the start of the season.

And 5th and 6th? They're playing for LFC. They need to be good enough. We can't say to Chelsea, "go easy on us, we're playing with our 5th and 6th choice.".

Lovren, dare I say it, was a better CB than both and we sold him without replacing him effectively, knowing the injury record of Gomez/Matip.

Adrian wasn't good enough for West Ham. He shouldn't be at Liverpool.
Binomial is a nutter but he's not wrong. Adrian is now 3rd choice keeper for a reason (Klopp chooses Kelleher ahead of him - it doesn't matter where he started the season or where any of us rate him). Our CBs were actually 6th and 7th choices (again because that is Klopp's clear decision and no matter what contortions you are going through to disprove this ... Klopp says otherwise) with a handful of games for us between them.

Under these circumstances, and with virtually zero preparation for us since they were drafted in as desperate emergency cover, I'm not sure saying "They're playing for LFC. They need to be good enough" is actually relevant.

Last edited:
I think Kelleher has earned position as our number two. Don't see us bringing in another goalkeeper. While I feel that Adrian needed replacing at #2, Kelleher does not. I really liked the support Adrian gave Kelleher, though, before his initial appearances, and having displaced Adrian in the lineup. That was classy.
Kelleher still very naive, I would send him out on loan. We need more experienced hands between the post.

Binomial is a nutter but he's not wrong. Adrian is now 3rd choice keeper for a reason (Klopp chooses Kelleher ahead of him - it doesn't matter where he started the season or where any of us rate him). Our CBs were actually 6th and 7th choices (again because that is Klopp's clear decision and no matter what contortions you are going through to disprove this ... Klopp says otherwise) with a handful of games for us between them.

Under these circumstances, and with virtually zero preparation for us since they were drafted in as desperate emergency cover, I'm not sure saying "They're playing for LFC. They need to be good enough" is actually relevant.
I respectfully disagree.

Phillips has been with us for a while.
Adrian is getting paid wages of a number 2.
Kabak is the same age as Forfana, has played a high level of football (in Germany) and was value over 20m. If he's not good enough, we should have signed Carleta Car or someone else.

Hence, these players should be judged by PL standards, at least, if not LFC standards.

@Farkmaster - in response to your comment about Kabak being only 20.

Unfortunately you cannot say that about him - it is similar to what Mourinho said about Rashford - you need to look at the amount of game time and level that Kabak has played so far in his career - and I see that he played for Galatasary in the CL, he has played in the Bundesliga for nearly 1.5 seasons full time (40 games). Yes he is developing and it is a new league and all but certain things like being aware of who is around you should have been somewhat picked up by now.

I'm sorry but you can't just change the pecking order because Adrian proved to be so shite that he knocked down a place.

I've not changed anything mate... I'm just telling you where he ranks today, as a result of decisions made by JK. I really don't get why you can't let this one go - He IS our 3rd keeper now, and you're the only person on here pretending otherwise. Doesn't matter where he started the season, this is where he is now. Because that's what our boss says.

The ball over his head or on his outside caught him on his heels time and time again.
He was the same against Everton.
He will learn, besides I would much rather see Fabs playing in front of those two portecting the back line, than sitting in the CB position and losing out on what he brings to the attack

He's 20 fucking years old and just moved to a foreign land to join a team that is in freefall, and has been chucked in at the deep end.

What the fuck is wrong with you people. What are you expecting?
I don't think that Klopp gets much wrong, and He(Klopp) see's something in Kabak. I believe that under the wing of VVD and Klopp you (People here) will see that there is too. remember people here saying how good Rhy is...
Kabak starts a head of him and Philips now

He's 20 fucking years old and just moved to a foreign land to join a team that is in freefall, and has been chucked in at the deep end.

There is nothing wrong with Kabak being 4th choice for us similar to when Lovren was 4th choice.

I wasn't expecting much from Kabak. He's exactly what I was expecting. We got him on loan and if he doesn't make it he doesn't make it. He might look a lot better alongside Virgil. Who wouldn't? He may not get the chance though.

Last edited:
I don't think that Klopp gets much wrong, and He(Klopp) see's something in Kabak. I believe that under the wing of VVD and Klopp you (People here) will see that there is too. remember people here saying how good Rhy is...
Kabak starts a head of him and Philips now
Kabak prob does start ahead of Philips and Williams but they are 5th and 6th when everyone is fit. It's not a ringing endorsement.

It was a no brainer for Kabak to join and a no brainer for us. We needed someone on loan. Someone cheap. Someone who is willing to sign knowing they are a stop gap as of now. Someone young who can improve.

Kabak looks all right, all things considered. Give it some time,
He prob won't get the time after this season so we'll never know. He has being caught out a few time already. As has Williams, as had Philips. We'd get away with one playing alongside VVD but neither is good enough to lead a defence right now. Williams and Kabak are very young and inexperienced but it shows. Were just in a terrible position right now that we are relying on one of them at different stages this season.

Plus, my comment wasn't to be taken too seriously. Any post involving Dejan Lovren shouldn't be examined.

Kabak prob does start ahead of Philips and Williams but they are 5th and 6th when everyone is fit. It's not a ringing endorsement.

It was a no brainer for Kabak to join and a no brainer for us. We needed someone on loan. Someone cheap. Someone who is willing to sign knowing they are a stop gap as of now. Someone young who can improve.

The thing is how long can Gomez and Matip remain fit. Thing that we will be see Kabak at CB more than Matip and Gomez next season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom