• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Shaq

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oi, I’m going to presume you get the point but being a dickhead just because.
On reading the comment "Combined, they equal the Coutinho money." my reaction was almost a mirror image of Alan Partridge, with the words, "so what," "coincidental," "lizards," and "tin foil hat." all coming to mind.

Oi, I’m going to presume you get the point but being a dickhead just because.
I'm shrugging because your point is completely irrelevant, you don't just invest money for the sake of it. Your point might have merit if we hadn't spent much, but we are investing heavy, and we are buying the correct players, thats all that matters.

It may equal out, but I'm sure if FSG really didn't give a shit, they'd rather buy more than 2 players with that money

And we have to remember, that money has a substantial amount of add-ons built in. We don't have 142m in our pockets. Wasn't it 112m with the rest in add-ons?

Ive been super super critical of FSG
I think its really hard (and probably unfair) to be right now.
They have not invested when we have needed it at key moments. But they have now.
You cant argue that.
Weve sold 12.5m of players and spent 170m
I dont mind them making money out of the club as long as they invest and support the manager.

For the FIRST time this summer I feel like they have

This season is on Klopp big time.

And we have to remember, that money has a substantial amount of add-ons built in. We don't have 142m in our pockets. Wasn't it 112m with the rest in add-ons?
106 with add-ons. But realistic add-ons as per Reddy and co. at the time.

Regardless, 106 is also huge money, and has gone a long way in funding our transfer activity. That along with back to back CL qualifications, PL TV money, increased revenue through the stadium, and increased commercial revenue.

Not a criticism of FSG - I think they've shown themselves to be competent owners with a willingness to back the club. And they rightly deserve credit for that.

But the key to this year's splurge has been the coordinated effort of Klopp, Edwards, and Gordon (along with the scouting team of Fallows and Hunter) in creating a competent, focused recruitment strategy.

I'm shrugging because your point is completely irrelevant, you don't just invest money for the sake of it. Your point might have merit if we hadn't spent much, but we are investing heavy, and we are buying the correct players, thats all that matters.
Oh. So you really didn’t get the point. Okay.

giphy.webp

106 with add-ons. But realistic add-ons as per Reddy and co. at the time.

Regardless, 106 is also huge money, and has gone a long way in funding our transfer activity. That along with back to back CL qualifications, PL TV money, increased revenue through the stadium, and increased commercial revenue.

Not a criticism of FSG - I think they've shown themselves to be competent owners with a willingness to back the club. And they rightly deserve credit for that.

But the key to this year's splurge has been the coordinated effort of Klopp, Edwards, and Gordon (along with the scouting team of Fallows and Hunter) in creating a competent, focused recruitment strategy.
For me they've done exactly what they needed to, backed that transfer team to do what they believe is right, and trusted them not to waste money for the sake of it. This is exactly what we want from FSG, little interference, trust, and resources, how anyway can be disappointed in them this window mystifies me.

No JM I think he did get the point, he was pointing out that you were perhaps looking at the big picture in a rather negative way and that FSG have put lots of cash behind the manager this summer... even if it was money from previous sales... but yes he did use a sarcasm to illustrate that... which is fair enough...

Either way there is no need to be arguing gentlemen.

Personally I think we've had a highly encouraging transfer window... the best I can ever remember in fact... 3 top quality mids a top-notch goaly and re-signing Salah and that young lad all the krauts were sniffing after... Not a bad window at all...

Oddly enough I am also pleased that we didn't go ballistic and ship out 60M on Fekir, obviously, we truly do suspect his knee is fucked.

To chime in with you JM it is true FSG have not been massively flash in terms of investments but the policy of not selling cheap and not buying in desperation is a good policy IMO.

Anyway... I'm optimistic... a very good window...

I think the plus now is that we have a proactive, rather than reactive, transfer structure. Where there is a clear line of thinking and positive success rate. I trust Klopp and the club to buy the right players.

I think we needed a centre half, though maybe Klopp thinks that another year of experience for some players and the added assurance of Fabinho in front, bridges that gap.

I think he wanted Fekir ideally, but isn't going to be held over a barrel, while the form and condition of Sturridge, plus the unexpected ease at which Shaqiri has settled, has maybe made him less of a priority right now.

He has been rightly ruthless over Karius/Allison, for which he should be commended.

As for finance, on one hand it's fairly obvious FSG won't commit their own funds - JM is right to a degree, we've sold Coutinho and got to a CL final, so the actual spend only really reflects that income. But weve made significant changes to the stadium while they've allowed us to completely reinvest from sales, rather than them taking a cut, etc. But our income should be one of the best, so their business model in that sense is working. Profit from commerciality with a system of selling your best players at peak price, to then reinvest in players who will give another few years, before the same repeat process. It's working, provided no one breaks the wheel, by buying a Mario.

We have the right people in place now to make that repeat process a success. That's probably more important for longevity, than repeated heavy investment. Obviously provided we can keep that structure in place, which is never a given. I personally wouldn't lavish too much praise on FSG for what we've spent, but they should be applauded for realising their vision.

I think the plus now is that we have a proactive, rather than reactive, transfer structure. Where there is a clear line of thinking and positive success rate. I trust Klopp and the club to buy the right players.

I think we needed a centre half, though maybe Klopp thinks that another year of experience for some players and the added assurance of Fabinho in front, bridges that gap.

I think he wanted Fekir ideally, but isn't going to be held over a barrel, while the form and condition of Sturridge, plus the unexpected ease at which Shaqiri has settled, has maybe made him less of a priority right now.

He has been rightly ruthless over Karius/Allison, for which he should be commended.

As for finance, on one hand it's fairly obvious FSG won't commit their own funds - JM is right to a degree, we've sold Coutinho and got to a CL final, so the actual spend only really reflects that income. But weve made significant changes to the stadium while they've allowed us to completely reinvest from sales, rather than them taking a cut, etc. But our income should be one of the best, so their business model in that sense is working. Profit from commerciality with a system of selling your best players at peak price, to then reinvest in players who will give another few years, before the same repeat process. It's working, provided no one breaks the wheel, by buying a Mario.

We have the right people in place now to make that repeat process a success. That's probably more important for longevity, than repeated heavy investment. Obviously provided we can keep that structure in place, which is never a given. I personally wouldn't lavish too much praise on FSG for what we've spent, but they should be applauded for realising their vision.

Mario's my second Christian name so I resent the bolded bit. ;)

Good post otherwise.

But this thread is meant to be about Shaq, not lizards. If you're going to change the subject at least make it snack related.

Seeing as this is the FSG thread now,
my mate has two-year old twins, birthday tomorrow, and I was at one of these out of town shopping thingies the offer day and thought I'd get them one of those stupid fucking awful purple kits each coz they'd look cute on little kids. Sports Direct and JD, full of the red and grey ones, all sold out of purple ones.

Went to city centre just now. Same. Went Liverpool shop last coz they charge a tenner more there and fuck that noise, but they were the only place with them.

Demographic innit. Them lizards did their homework.

Seeing as this is the FSG thread now,
my mate has two-year old twins, birthday tomorrow, and I was at one of these out of town shopping thingies the offer day and thought I'd get them one of those stupid fucking awful purple kits each coz they'd look cute on little kids. Sports Direct and JD, full of the red and grey ones, all sold out of purple ones.

Went to city centre just now. Same. Went Liverpool shop last coz they charge a tenner more there and fuck that noise, but they were the only place with them.

Demographic innit. Them lizards did their homework.
100%
I mentioned this before the world cup and at the end of last season.
These kits are BRILLIANTLY designed for the chavs and kids to buy.
Its not about the great football shirts anymore.

I didn’t think that was possible. I have the red and purple kit for my 8 month old. I refuse to get the grey one.

Love Shaq

If anything it's even better than this guy has tweeted. According to the original article there weren't even any negotiations between Shaqiri and ManUre, because Klopp himself had already gone steaming in there and personally convinced Shaqiri to sign for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom