• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Shaq Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
[article]Xherdan Shaqiri says it was his call to stay with Liverpool.

Shaqiri, who is under contract at Anfield until 2023, elected to stay and fight for his place, a decision he hopes will end constant questions over his long-term future on Merseyside.

"We are here to play an international game and I don't want to talk too much about Liverpool because this is a good game and we must not forget it," a snappy Shaqiri told reporters ahead of Tuesday night's Nations League game against Germany.

"We are playing against Germany, a good team. So I would love to answer more questions about Germany or about the international match.

"Sure, in football there is always speculation and the players think about their situations. That is completely normal.

"And of course, I have also thought about it, that is completely normal. But in the end I decided to stay there. The transfer window is now closed.

"Now I will go back to training with the team after these international matches and try to continue to perform well, which I have already proven a few times, also at Liverpool. And that is my goal."[/article]

[article]Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp blocked Xherdan Shaqiri from moving to Fenerbahce, it has been revealed.

Takvim says Liverpool blocked Shaqiri from leaving the club on loan on deadline day.

Fenerbahce had a deal in place to sign the playmaker having reached an agreement with the Reds to take him on loan and also convinced the player to move to Istanbul.

However, to the dismay of Fenerbahce bosses, Shaqiri's temporary switch fell through after Jurgen Klopp blocked the move.

Shaqiri told Swiss reporters this week it was his decision to remain at Anfield this season.[/article]

[article]Xherdan Shaqiri says it was his call to stay with Liverpool.

Shaqiri, who is under contract at Anfield until 2023, elected to stay and fight for his place, a decision he hopes will end constant questions over his long-term future on Merseyside.

"We are here to play an international game and I don't want to talk too much about Liverpool because this is a good game and we must not forget it," a snappy Shaqiri told reporters ahead of Tuesday night's Nations League game against Germany.

"We are playing against Germany, a good team. So I would love to answer more questions about Germany or about the international match.

"Sure, in football there is always speculation and the players think about their situations. That is completely normal.

"And of course, I have also thought about it, that is completely normal. But in the end I decided to stay there. The transfer window is now closed.

"Now I will go back to training with the team after these international matches and try to continue to perform well, which I have already proven a few times, also at Liverpool. And that is my goal."[/article]
He is a regular David Brent, ends his speech with a pun

[article]Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp blocked Xherdan Shaqiri from moving to Fenerbahce, it has been revealed.

Takvim says Liverpool blocked Shaqiri from leaving the club on loan on deadline day.

Fenerbahce had a deal in place to sign the playmaker having reached an agreement with the Reds to take him on loan and also convinced the player to move to Istanbul.

However, to the dismay of Fenerbahce bosses, Shaqiri's temporary switch fell through after Jurgen Klopp blocked the move.

Shaqiri told Swiss reporters this week it was his decision to remain at Anfield this season.[/article]
So everyone is trying to save face then

Cool

We very blatantly didn't loan our shaq because we had no one else. I believe (which is probably a load of shite and based on nothing) that we had someone else lined up to buy, but were reliant on grujic and Wilson being sold, then shaq was an extra who we could loan or sell. When they didn't get sold, and klopp had zero interest in playing them, it made sense to just loan them out (although still awaiting Wilson to fuck off) and keep shaq.

Agree with @gkmacca on this - Shaq is the kind of fringe player that champions need. See United, Southamption, Barca for some performances he's put in. He has proven he can be a game changer and he comes on with enthusiasm every time. Yes he's injured too much, but he always gives impetus and end product.

Jus' sayin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom