• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Shaq Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've coached him, we've healed him, we've grown his hair: we need to keep him for the benefits.

I wish we'd have christened him the fake Shaq when he arrived, bit like we used to have fake Ronaldo.

In the hope over time he'd develop into a world class talent like the real Shaq.

I wish we'd have christened him the fake Shaq when he arrived, bit like we used to have fake Ronaldo.

In the hope over time he'd develop into a world class talent like the real Shaq.

He probably had bigger thighs than Shaq too.

that freekick was enough to remind people I guess
Assuming he's gonna fetch about £20m I'm amazed the likes of Leeds, WBA, Villa etc haven't being lining up with their cheque books (although I'm guessing the payments are digital these days :) He's a very good player, looks much thinner and fitter than his Stoke days and is still only 28. We should sell him BUT whoever is getting him is getting a bargain for anything under £25m.

Assuming he's gonna fetch about £20m I'm amazed the likes of Leeds, WBA, Villa etc haven't being lining up with their cheque books (although I'm guessing the payments are digital these days :) He's a very good player, looks much thinner and fitter than his Stoke days and is still only 28. We should sell him BUT whoever is getting him is getting a bargain for anything under £25m.
Yep

He became something of an enigma last season, and now we have Jota (though for the rw backup slot I don't know)

To balance the books I guess Dems the breaks

You're statistically much more likely to witness a shark attack than a Shaq attack, which is why he needs to move on. With Minamino and Jota hes surpluss to requirements.

It's rash and stupid. Of all the 'peripheral' attacking players in the squad, who would you not panic to see come on in a tense Premier League game or a CL semi-final? Surely it's Shaq?

Agreed, however he barely featured last season, and it didn't all seem to be down to injury. I got the sense klopp was a little dubious of his attitude.

It's rash and stupid. Of all the 'peripheral' attacking players in the squad, who would you not panic to see come on in a tense Premier League game or a CL semi-final? Surely it's Shaq?
Absolutely, dumb as fuck this, he is a difference maker when he comes on and dare I say it a more direct creative force than most in our squad. I really dont get this.

Just want to add, that if we sell him then we need a replacement for the right side. How many players just fit in so easily with our attack and general play ? When he comes on he can score a goal like any of our front three, has accurate crosses like Trent, and can play any of those delicate passes like Bobby plus he has some pace and can dribble a bit. What the fuck are we doing ? From having a complete like squad with internationals to relying on kids like we saw tonight ? Think there is a long way to go for many of them.

Just want to add, that if we sell him then we need a replacement for the right side. How many players just fit in so easily with our attack and general play ? When he comes on he can score a goal like any of our front three, has accurate crosses like Trent, and can play any of those delicate passes like Bobby plus he has some pace and can dribble a bit. What the fuck are we doing ? From having a complete like squad with internationals to relying on kids like we saw tonight ? Think there is a long way to go for many of them.

That Diogo lad seems promising.

Are you that surprised? I'm definitely not. I get what you're saying about him being a potential difference maker in a one off game coming off the bench but Klopp/The Club won't keep him just for that purpose when they can get a decent fee (I'd presume) and get him off the wage bill.
FWIW, I think he's a brilliant little player on his day and I'll be sad to see him go, but it's been pretty obvious for quite some time now he's not in Klopp's plans so it was always likely he'd be gone sooner rather than later.

We can talk about him being a game-changer / coming on to make a difference but how often has that actually happened? He can be superb at times, we've all seen it, however his mean, and regularity of real influence, is likely not high enough for this squad.

With Jones coming through, Jota joining and Gini staying at least another year, we are swimming in good midfielders and Minamino and Jota clearly ahead as far as forward slots are concerned. He would likely struggle to even make the bench so, much as I like him, it is probably best for squad morale that he moves on rather than being a potentially disruptive presence being unhappy at not making teams/squads.

We all knew Shaq was on the list, prior to the Lincoln game no one was objecting him to be on there.
The other players have not had a suitable offer come in and can't be sold. Shaq is always a game away from being injured for 3 months

Shaq, Brewster and Wilson to leave then?

Gruijc might want to stay and fight for a place until January given his last performances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom