• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sell the Jota?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree - what I mean is, if we have ambition we shouldnt be needing to sell valuable squad players in order to raise funds.

Not been much value this season though has he? Not much value when he's spending half a season on the shelf.

If we can get 60m for him I'd rather take that and give his minutes to Fabio.

Last season he played more games than pretty much anyone though.

Any player can have a nightmare season. Really only a combination of the medical staff and time can say whether and how he is likely to recover.

Last season he played more games than pretty much anyone though.

Any player can have a nightmare season. Really only a combination of the medical staff and time can say whether and how he is likely to recover.
"combination of the medical staff"

RIP Jota. Gone but never forgotten. Points to Frank Lampards ma in the sky.

What would be the objective of selling him?

To raise funds, that we would need to spend on an even more expensive, less able, replacement? Selling him should be the last thing we do, unless we're rolling in cash (we aren't).

Add Jota into the mix and that statement doesn’t change.

If we had the money, I’d want an attacker in the summer.

I know it's been a tough season but I don't see how is Salah, Diaz and Jota + better adapted Nunez and Gakpo (after their debut seasons) an unimpressive attack.
Monopoly money teams aside, who's got it better?

What would be the objective of selling him?

To raise funds, that we would need to spend on an even more expensive, less able, replacement? Selling him should be the last thing we do, unless we're rolling in cash (we aren't).
He is injury prone which is reason enough. If they did sell him, I would imagine them making a bid for Evan Fergurson

If we need to sacrifice him to fund our sell-to-buy model then I think it is worth it to fix the spine of our team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom