• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sell the Jota?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That covers the hole in next years budget that no Champions League might create, or gives us wiggle room for additional transfers I’d we do make it.

Of course it means we need to bring in another forward.

If Jota does go and we know Bobby is going, that then forces Klopp to buy another left sided attacker

I am half in the yes camp, the unfortunate new reality is that we would be selling a good player to a champions league rival which is not ideal but it’s big money for a player with regular injuries.

Barcelona got Raphina way too easily, swapping Jota for someone like that would’ve been good business.

I am for selling. The offer is decent for a squad player.
We have enough forwards now that Gakpo has shown himself capable.
Klopp never wants to sell anyone though.

Realistically now we have

Lw- Nunez, Diaz or Fabio
CF - gakpo or Nunez
RW - Salah, elliott or doak

I'd like a young player who could do CF, or someone with a bit of experience at CF or rw but it's not the most pressing.

One thing is certain, the depth up front really helped us challenge for everything last season. We don’t want to lose that.

There's got to be a cheeky free we can bring in as 9 cover

When we had Mane,Bobby,Salah and Origi, Four forwards seem to be enough, We now have Fabio,Elliot,Nunez,Daiz,Bobby Gakop,Jota, and Salah.
We are losing Bobby come the end of the season, Think we can afford to sell Jota to invest elsewhere.

At the mo' (no pun intented) If Jota finds his form again, I would soon keep him and sell Mo

Last edited:
The rumour about Jota seems to emanate from TEAMTALK. If ever there was an anti-Liverpool website, this would be it.

I don't get the wishy washy yeah I'd think about it and then maaaaybe do it.

If someone offered us 60-70M for Jota I'd snap their hands off for it.

Great when fit and on form but Klopp likes a small squad and I'm tired of players that spend 1/3 of every season out injured.

I don't get the wishy washy yeah I'd think about it and then maaaaybe do it.

If someone offered us 60-70M for Jota I'd snap their hands off for it.

Great when fit and on form but Klopp likes a small squad and I'm tired of players that spend 1/3 of every season out injured.[/QUOTE]
I think this is a fair point and one of the reasons why we’ve ballsed up this season. I also think our medical, conditioning team or both (not sure who is causing all these injuries) is utterly muck, about the worst in the league. Alongside refreshing the squad, that mob needs to be binned off, too.

Last edited:
There's got to be a cheeky free we can bring in as 9 cover
Bring him home

170px-Danny_Ings_Liverpool.jpg

He's the hardest working forward we have out of possession and we know he can score loads in a Klopp team. Strengthening Newcastle doesn't make sense at this time either.

I'd give him another 12 months, but next season is make or break from my POV. As others have said, we cannot continue to hoard players who are not resilient enough for what Klopp needs.

He's the hardest working forward we have out of possession and we know he can score loads in a Klopp team. Strengthening Newcastle doesn't make sense at this time either.

I'd give him another 12 months, but next season is make or break from my POV. As others have said, we cannot continue to hoard players who are not resilient enough for what Klopp needs.
Problem is another season like this and we won’t get 60m

It's a smart move all round. He's a player that, when fit, will improve Newcastle and he's accessible to them because of his injury record with us.
I wouldn't consider selling him for a minute we're it not for the injuries - he's a top player and a proper shithouse, I wouldn't want to lose that, but when he's out of the side more often than not it makes sense to let him go, especially given the number of interchangeable forwards we have.
Although he'll probably haunt us every time we play the Geordies.

Bit torn, would be sad to see him go but I concur with most views here that injuries have stopped him dead in his tracks.

Wouldn't against a straight swap for Guimares.

I’d be amazed if someone offered 60m now.
Would take 40m and even at 40m how much will we save in wages...?

Another season like this for him and how much would we get then..?? will be another Sturridge who rearly plays drawing on high wages and allowed to leave on a free a few years down the line.
Sell and re-invest

I haven’t really been following his injuries much, is there any sort of pattern to suggest he’s an Ox with a particular weakness or a sturridge where everything is weak?

Hopefully he doesn’t come across this thread because it’s reading like his Liverpool career obituary. He is genuinely something a bit different in terms of his directness, early shooting, hard /intelligent pressing and general opposition harassing qualities.

I do recall injury layoffs at wolves and we paid around£40m didn’t we? With that in mind and the fact Newcastle should be made to pay over the odds to land anyone decent, not sure getting our money back is a good enough deal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom