• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Betting Season 16-17 predictions

Prefix for Betting Threads
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pesam

Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
New beginning for me as I'm not able to do a fraction of the research I used to so am curtailing a lot of my betting and becoming a "fun" punter.

So, having not done much research my league accumulator bet is..............

Liverpool 17/2
Newcastle 13/8
Bolton 14/1
Luton 8/1

£10 bet wins £33,600

Here are my 4 four... I have done a £3 Yankee on the selections:

Premier League - Man City (9/4)
Championship - Norwich (9/1)
League One - Charlton (10/1)
League Two - Leyton Orient (10/1)

Pays £20087.25

I've gone for:

Man City (5/2)
Newcastle (13/8)
MK Dons (12/1)
Luton (8/1)

£5 accumulator to win £5,374.69.

What's the cash out like on that acca now @Pesam?
Good selections.
Definitely wouldn't write off Luton despite the 7 point gap.

What's the cash out like on that acca now @Pesam?
Good selections.
Definitely wouldn't write off Luton despite the 7 point gap.
Yeah I'm happy enough with the bet so far Leo and i agree that Luton can still make up the 7 points. Plymouth IMO will struggle to maintain their present position, Portsmouth fans seem convinced that their manager can't get enough out of their talented squad and Doncaster have Darren Ferguson as manager so they CAN'T win the league because he's useless. If Luton can strengthen a bit in January they could win it. Bolton look very durable and if they add a proper goalscorer in the transfer window then they can keep pace at the top.

Newcastle IMo will win the Championship no problem and Liverpool will maintain their challenge IF we can stay clear of serious injuries after Xmas and bring in a couple of extra player.

Surprisingly the cash-out offer is only about £60 (£50 profit) so I'll take my chances and leave the bet and keep my fingers crossed.

Reactions: C/O
Yeah I'm happy enough with the bet so far Leo and i agree that Luton can still make up the 7 points. Plymouth IMO will struggle to maintain their present position, Portsmouth fans seem convinced that their manager can't get enough out of their talented squad and Doncaster have Darren Ferguson as manager so they CAN'T win the league because he's useless. If Luton can strengthen a bit in January they could win it. Bolton look very durable and if they add a proper goalscorer in the transfer window then they can keep pace at the top.

Newcastle IMo will win the Championship no problem and Liverpool will maintain their challenge IF we can stay clear of serious injuries after Xmas and bring in a couple of extra player.

Surprisingly the cash-out offer is only about £60 (£50 profit) so I'll take my chances and leave the bet and keep my fingers crossed.

You forgot the mighty Carlisle a proper yo-yo team between League 1 and the conference. When they get on a roll, they generally follow it through to the end of the season.

You forgot the mighty Carlisle a proper yo-yo team between League 1 and the conference. When they get on a roll, they generally follow it through to the end of the season.
Yeah, I meant to list the reasons why I thought Portsmouth, Plymouth and Doncaster might not win the league and intended to go on and say I see carlisle as the favourites to win the league but forgot to add that bit. Their midfield 4 are as good as any in the league and they have strength in depth up front. If I could change from Luton to Carlisle now I'd be sitting very pretty.

To be fair, I'd have pegged Luton as favourites too at the start of the season, with Portsmouth and Plymouth just behind. I don't follow lower leagues too much mind, it's just from limited information.

To be fair, I'd have pegged Luton as favourites too at the start of the season, with Portsmouth and Plymouth just behind. I don't follow lower leagues too much mind, it's just from limited information.
Yeah I don't get much chance these days to focus on the lower league like I used to; I miss it but it's great to have that time to play with my daughter. I still watch the odd highlights show on channel 5 and try and stay in touch with what's going on at various clubs but nowhere near enough research to be able to bet large amounts confidently as in previous seasons...................all good things must come to an end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom