• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Score-Ings

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are a sod of a lot more forgiving of Southampton than I am after their antics over the van Dijk transfer.

Agree about Ings though, and with Kane a doubt for the Euros I reckon Ings would be a better choice than Abraham at no.9.

You guys are a sod of a lot more forgiving of Southampton than I am after their antics over the van Dijk transfer.

Agree about Ings though, and with Kane a doubt for the Euros I reckon Ings would be a better choice than Abraham at no.9.

Yeah, but if I was a Southampton fan, I don't think I'd be a big fan of Liverpool, and would want to fuck us over at every opportunity.

We've taken every single one of their best players over the last few years: Lallana, Clyne, Van Dijk, Mane, Lovren.

And Rickie Lambert

Well, they've had a load of cash from us for those transfers, but I could understand it to a degree if Southampton had been open about that being the reason for how they behaved. What stuck in my craw is the hypocrisy of their claim that it was because we did something uniquely wicked, which was always a pile of @rse.

Ah well, what's done is done.

Yeah, but if I was a Southampton fan, I don't think I'd be a big fan of Liverpool, and would want to fuck us over at every opportunity.

We've taken every single one of their best players over the last few years: Lallana, Clyne, Van Dijk, Mane, Lovren.

And Rickie Lambert
Did we underpay for any one of them at the time ? I don't think so and since their club's existence (and ability to buy players to keep them in the PL) is run on buying low selling high they have no reason to be upset, rather they should be thanking us for filling their coffers. Ungrateful sods.

Did we underpay for any one of them at the time ? I don't think so and since their club's existence (and ability to buy players to keep them in the PL) is run on buying low selling high they have no reason to be upset, rather they should be thanking us for filling their coffers. Ungrateful sods.

No, I don't think so.

Maybe Lallana was the only obvious one that seemed a bit steep, even if - at the time! - I suppose the fees we paid for Virgil and Mane were quite lumpy

Even if I had no real doubts about them

I’m sure Barcelona fans think the same of us

Fuck Barca. The Coutinho outcome has been as sweet as honey, and may even act as a deterrent to those who think the grass will always be greener with the Spanish giants. I think Coutinho would give his right bollock to be part of what we've currently got going on.

I think Coutinho would give his right bollock to be part of what we've currently got going on.

He damn right should. He could have been here in a stable, winning environment and instead he’s bouncing around Europe in a state of uncertainty . A shitty year in Barcelona then off to Bayern who I’ve read do not want to buy him for the proposed price so next year he’s off to another destination. Talk about regret.

As for Ingsy, everything i heard about him when he was at Liverpool is that he’s a top dude, so I’m happy he’s crushing it at Soton and wish him well wherever he may play. Buying him back is not really an option as he’s not going to replace any of the top 3.

That's a very strange one. I think a lot of people thought at the time that Southampton got the worse end of that deal. In hindisght it's obviously looking a bargain. I like Southampton and their manager seems sound.

It was a great deal for us at the time. He had been injured for close to two years and hadn't ever proven himself as capable of playing regularly in our system and at our level. I'm glad he's doing well, but I don't think we could have gotten any more for him at the time. I doubt even himself would have backed himself to do quite this well for Southampton. One of them deals when everyone has done well out of it.

I thought he was ace and was really sorry to see him go, but like you say, this is the best outcome for everyone really. He'll probably bork himself again soon anyway.

He was never ace fo us. Some players need a consistent run to show thier truth worth. You will never get that at big club. He will probably end up at Leicester for the twice amount Southampton paid us

I thought he was ace and was really sorry to see him go, but like you say, this is the best outcome for everyone really. He'll probably bork himself again soon anyway.
He never had a good shout and at the time we were playing a bit of a mishmash formation.

Glad he's proving himself. Meant to be an absolute gem of a man

I think he's the only fit and in form English striker now that Kane, Rashford and Vardy are all fucked, so I'm looking forward to all the abuse he's about to get off the tabloids for missing half chances laid on by a shit midfield during the Euros

He was never ace fo us. Some players need a consistent run to show thier truth worth. You will never get that at big club. He will probably end up at Leicester for the twice amount Southampton paid us

Suggest you go back and see how highly Klopp praised him when he left. Injuries ruined his time with us but there was never any doubt about his quality and in the end it was he, not the club, who decided he had to move on.

I think he's the only fit and in form English striker now that Kane, Rashford and Vardy are all fucked, so I'm looking forward to all the abuse he's about to get off the tabloids for missing half chances laid on by a shit midfield during the Euros

Don't forget a "late charge" for the squad by Calvert-Lewin, who will DEFFO miss any half-chances laid on by a shit midfield (even if currently he actually seems to be doing OK with half-chances laid on by a shit midfield, albeit none of whom will be playing for England)

Imagine if Pickford and DCL start the Euros?!

That would be ace. Southgate thankfully still sticking with Walker over TAA, presumably because expecting southgate to explain to the rest of the team how to play the Liverpool way would be like asking a dog to describe quantum physics to a cat

Southgate does my fucking head in.

In no way is he the worst out there, but he's done fuck all ever to justify the praise and back-patting he gets from a fawning media, just because he's polite and "modern" and has a waistcoat.

Suggest you go back and see how highly Klopp praised him when he left. Injuries ruined his time with us but there was never any doubt about his quality and in the end it was he, not the club, who decided he had to move on.

Lol when has klopp ever said anything negative about his players. Even the cluster fcuk that was karius was supported

Check it out and you'll see what I mean. Klopp went far beyond the stock phrases any manager would use even for nomarks like Karius. He had as much to say about Ings' character as he did about his ability and made it clear that the club hadn't been looking to get rid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom