• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure they are all good friends and meet up for the England camps. It's also just something nice you say when you join a club, " I spoke to x and he said it's great here", but that's where it ends. Footballers don't usually make transfer decisions on where their mates are. It's not like Salah will sign for some average Italian team because Lovren goes there.

Salah already had the average-Italian-team phase of his career.

martinelli is a good player. He will probably cost 50 million. Similar money to Werner

Seems a bit odd that Werner and Martinelli would be priced the same right now, given Martinelli has played half a season in a top league and has 3 goals, vs Werner's 6 seasons in Germany and 80-odd goals

saka has potential ... i'd be happy with both ... in fact, i'd tempt arsenal already with a 30 million bid ... if anything unsettle him
matinelli will be 30m on his own if we fluke it.

Hes going nowhere in a hurry unless we force it

Saka i just don't see where he fits in long term. Seems too lightweight for the wing and his defensive work is shoddy.

Sancho or haivertz

Seems a bit odd that Werner and Martinelli would be priced the same right now, given Martinelli has played half a season in a top league and has 3 goals, vs Werner's 6 seasons in Germany and 80-odd goals
Arsenal probably haven't put a minimum price in the contract. Werner has.

martibelli has the potential. The sky’s the limit for him. Similar fee’s for Jude Bellingham. Makes the Harvey Elliot sighing a steal.

Still, I'd suggest 14 games and three goals might put his market value a bit lower than £50-60m
tbf across all competitions he's scored a good amount

10 in 23 games is good for an 18 year old who's only just become a regular starter

He's obviously a fantastic player and England's best produced talent for a while but at this stage it's too risky.

LFC is about smart spending, not wild spending which is why we'll end up with someone like Werner.

tbf across all competitions he's scored a good amount

10 in 23 games is good for an 18 year old who's only just become a regular starter
His assist rate is not shabby either..

18 goals and 15 assists in all competitions for Dortmund and England already this season

Can play on the left or the right

I'm slowly getting convinced..

Seems he will fit into our forward line..

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/346300/Show/Jadon-Sancho

I've just realised how slow off the mark I was...I thought the original comment was in reference to him getting into a fight and windmilling someone, when I was being wooshed all along...

*hangs head in shame*

I've just realised how slow off the mark I was...I thought the original comment was in reference to him getting into a fight and windmilling someone, when I was being wooshed all along...

*hangs head in shame*
Yes, me too.

I just can't see Klopp signing somoeone like Sancho. I've said it before but everything about him tells me that he's someone that might cause Klopp a headache.
As is, he won't be started and is he the patient type? No.
Can we afford to have a 100+ mill player on the bench?

Hence why I think Werner would be a better choice.

I’m a bit convinced that we will sell Salah and Shaq (and Lallana going free) this summer to Madrid or Barca for £200M to fund 3 new and young attacking players.

Dejan will leave to fund a LB.

We could have £0 net spend and end up and even stronger, younger team with Neco and Jones coming through.

You're undervaluing the incomings and seriously overvaluing the outgoings.
Not sure about the incomings the figures being banded around are likely just media/agent waffle. £250m looks about right perhaps .. but outgoings ? We'd struggle to get £100m. Anyway as if that would happen :D

I just can't see Klopp signing somoeone like Sancho. I've said it before but everything about him tells me that he's someone that might cause Klopp a headache.
As is, he won't be started and is he the patient type? No.
Can we afford to have a 100+ mill player on the bench?

Hence why I think Werner would be a better choice.
We really need to stop this "sit on the bench' suggestions. 4 players rotating for 3 slots plus injuries means they would play most games. With the Olympics and AFCON next season it'd be even more for a new non-African player.

Sancho is an excellent player but Ive never been convinced that we had a genuine interest in him. There are at least 3 or 4 clubs linked with him in every article which always makes it smell like bullshit.

Not sure about the incomings the figures being banded around are likely just media/agent waffle. £250m looks about right perhaps .. but outgoings ? We'd struggle to get £100m. Anyway as if that would happen :D
Yeah, incomings actually might not be far off, but the overvaluation in outgoings, even taking into account the Edwards factor, is incredible.

Yeah, incomings actually might not be far off, but the overvaluation in outgoings, even taking into account the Edwards factor, is incredible.
We can always count on the likes of Palace and Bournemouth to come in with a generous offer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom