• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Salzburg vs Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah. Well 'they' (as in reference to our lads) could refer to either team couldn't it. Anyway why are you being such a pedant?
In this case, it's pretty relevant pedantry. Shay was saying that because they (the opposition, not "us") have to win in order to qualify, it could play into our hands.

Ah. Well 'they' (as in reference to our lads) could refer to either team couldn't it. Anyway why are you being such a pedant?

It’s not really pedantic in this instance as which team he meant effects the response

Previous history is no indication of future performance ! With their injuries behind them I think it's irrelevant, CF Lovren. I pray it's not that midfield, hopefully Klopp isn't that conservative (haha see what I .. oh never mind).
Both players are still in a state of limited play to stop recurrence of injury, definitely Keita anyway. It's not their performance that would be the issue but their continued availability.

In this case, it's pretty relevant pedantry. Shay was saying that because they (the opposition, not "us") have to win in order to qualify, it could play into our hands.
My reply made it almost 100% clear who I was referring to though. Easy to then extrapolate from that, a simple inversion - or just shift his lazy ass and take a look at the table :D

Both players are still in a state of limited play to stop recurrence of injury, definitely Keita anyway. It's not their performance that would be the issue but their continued availability.
Yes clearly Klopp reintroduces players slowly after injury. However it's certainly no longer relevant in Ox's case and I doubt in Keita's too after 3 games and 7 benches since his return.

Milner started Everton and Bournemouth. I don't fancy him being started 3 consecutively. It will be Hendo, Gini and either Ox or Lallana.

Yeah, thats true. It will be Hendo, Gini and Ox then. Lallana wont be involved judging by Klopps comments. He’ll be back in training on Thursday.

Yes clearly Klopp reintroduces players slowly after injury. However it's certainly no longer relevant in Ox's case and I doubt in Keita's too after 3 games and 7 benches since his return.
Ox spent a year on the sidelines, I would hazard a guess his minutes are being closely monitored, he will probably stay that way until at least after Christmas if not next season. But on ox it's true he might not be in that state anymore.

Keita will definitely still be getting this treatment due to recent injury history. It's not a case of not being available for selection but limiting amount of minutes they are exposed to which will allow not only recovery but the injured area to strengthen again.

As much as i want us to go through and id be pissed if we lose, i still feel it wouldn't be the end of the world if we go out. In only focused on the league and yeah dont really want the hassle if euopa league on a thursday night but wouldn't it be sweet to beat utd in the final to stop a them making the champs lge.

Ox spent a year on the sidelines, I would hazard a guess his minutes are being closely monitored, he will probably stay that way until at least after Christmas if not next season. But on ox it's true he might not be in that state anymore.

Keita will definitely still be getting this treatment due to recent injury history. It's not a case of not being available for selection but limiting amount of minutes they are exposed to which will allow not only recovery but the injured area to strengthen again.
We have seen (and will especially see again over this period of multiple matches within a short space of time) Klopp & the medical team clearly monitoring EVERY player and limiting their minutes based on the results of that monitoring - this is nothing but common sense.

That doesn't however infer that any of the players are not fully fit (note I didn't say not fatigued). Klopp / Medical Team seem to drop them back into recovery mode at any hint of an injury. So I sincerely doubt, though I could easily be wrong of course I'm just guessing like any of us, that Keita is anything but fully fit, he is not however match fit so there is only one way to attain that ;)

I'd be surprised if Keita plays, after playing on Saturday, maybe Shaqiri will play, given that both Ox and Keita figured against Bournemouth. It's fairly obvious all three are being used sparingly and very rarely play back to back games ATM.

I'd be surprised if Keita plays, after playing on Saturday, maybe Shaqiri will play, given that both Ox and Keita figured against Bournemouth. It's fairly obvious all three are being used sparingly and very rarely play back to back games ATM.
Ha - I'd forgotten all about Shaqiri. Damn. Sorry Shaq ! However haven't we played him a few times before as AM and it hasn't work out ? I can't see Klopp going with anyone but M-F-S up front.

We have seen (and will especially see again over this period of multiple matches within a short space of time) Klopp & the medical team clearly monitoring EVERY player and limiting their minutes based on the results of that monitoring - this is nothing but common sense.

That doesn't however infer that any of the players are not fully fit (note I didn't say not fatigued). Klopp / Medical Team seem to drop them back into recovery mode at any hint of an injury. So I sincerely doubt, though I could easily be wrong of course I'm just guessing like any of us, that Keita is anything but fully fit, he is not however match fit so there is only one way to attain that ;)
I think we may be saying the same thing in a round about way. I'm not saying either arent fully fit either, but a player returning from either a long term injury like ox's or Keita's shorter term but consistent injuries will have longer periods of being managed closely as it becomes easy to overtraining and performance levels will drop off a cliff. Its entire workload being monitored not just game time, but minutes will be limited also, due to the sheer intensity involved in top level sport.

Really nervous about this one. We have proven again and again that we are up for it. But there is so much at stake here and sooner or later we will have a setback. Hope they also feel the pressure here as our guys should have more experience.

Know what mate? Not sure which point you’re alluding to.
Fuck, I think I've got full-on dementia!

I was going to ask; how many European away games we've won with the Milner - Henderson - Gini midfield trio, because I'm guessing it's not many..........I definitely don't want this as our starting midfield tonight.

From a guy living in the city :

Temperature should be around 0°C but could be between -5° & 10°. I don’t think there will be much snow by then, but we also had some harsh winters, so better be prepared for windy & snowy conditions. If it’s not too cold, rain is also an option.

The u19s game against Salzburg is about to start. Elliott, VDB and Hoever starting. No Jones, he's with the first team.

From a guy living in the city :

Temperature should be around 0°C but could be between -5° & 10°. I don’t think there will be much snow by then, but we also had some harsh winters, so better be prepared for windy & snowy conditions. If it’s not too cold, rain is also an option.

Straightforward weatherreport there then. Could be anything!

Taking people doing a Periodic review of the institute I direct out to dinner. Bah!!!

Been invited to xmas dinner with one of our suppliers. They really know how to throw a xmas party. Last year we went out for lunch around 12 and I crawled home next time the clock passed 12. Not sure how I will break to them that I will be missing for 2 hours. Maybe if we start early enough noone, including myself, will notice my absens.

Fuck, I think I've got full-on dementia!

I was going to ask; how many European away games we've won with the Milner - Henderson - Gini midfield trio, because I'm guessing it's not many..........I definitely don't want this as our starting midfield tonight.

Ah I see now. Yeh it’s just that with Fabs out and they’re attack being so potent, I can see Klopp wanting work rate and solidity.

Keita did well attaching from the middle so I can see him getting a sub on later in the game if we’re struggling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom