• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Salah, the man for the big/all occasions

Status
Not open for further replies.
And also, Suarez didnt for us

All well and good when you're flanked by Messi and neymar, with iniesta pulling the strings

Bit different for mo like

Suarez missed a heap of games which people seem to forget.

Suarez missed a heap of games which people seem to forget.
And he won what with us? League cup?

You're saying he needs to do it at the tail end of competitions, and he never did for us. He buggered off before he could try Europe with us.

And he won what with us? League cup?

You're saying he needs to do it at the tail end of competitions, and he never did for us. He buggered off before he could try Europe with us.

The discussion point was if Salah is in the same bracket. Suarez has won the CL and numerous league titles

We essentially play him as one but like I said he needs to do it in the CL against a big side.

Still phenomenal mind
We absolutely don't play him as one. Look at a heat map from one of his games. It's a big patch up the right side of the pitch. As I said earlier if you look at Mane's heat map it looks very similar on the left.

The discussion point was if Salah is in the same bracket. Suarez has won the CL and numerous league titles
With the help of the greatest of all time

It's not something that can be compared because situations arent the same, but Salah is breaking goalscoring records left right and centre, and doing it consistently against all the teams he's faced

We absolutely don't play him as one. Look at a heat map from one of his games. It's a big patch up the right side of the pitch. As I said earlier if you look at Mane's heat map it looks very similar on the left.

As others have pointed out, we essentially play 4-3-3 now and Salah plays every game in that 3. He's phenomenal but claiming he isn't a striker is silly talk in today's game

With the help of the greatest of all time

It's not something that can be compared because situations arent the same, but Salah is breaking goalscoring records left right and centre, and doing it consistently against all the teams he's faced

One season so far and only Liverpool records. Let's see him do it for a few years and win things that's all I'm saying

As others have pointed out, we essentially play 4-3-3 now and Salah plays every game in that 3. He's phenomenal but claiming he isn't a striker is silly talk in today's game
So Mane is a striker too then? And Hazard and Willian and Sterling and Sane? Because they essentially play in the same kind of role as Salah. Except none of them are outscoring Harry 'Best striker ever' Kane.

So Mane is a striker too then? And Hazard and Willian and Sterling and Sane? Because they essentially play in the same kind of role as Salah. Except none of them are outscoring Harry 'Best striker ever' Kane.

Yes and no they aren't but then I wasn't discussing that.

4A5449CB00000578-5516125-image-a-2_1521414071513.jpg

Mo reminds me of myself. In a dream I had once. Running down the wing, skipping past players before burying the ball in the net in front of the Kop. Then I woke up. Feck'

I wonder what his dreams are?

Sorry to interrupt, but I'm confused by Mane's "heat maps".

The last couple of games he seems to be playing far more centrally, and it's quite weird. Is he supposed to be? Or am I just imagining it?

The last couple of games he seems to be playing far more centrally, and it's quite weird. Is he supposed to be? Or am I just imagining it?
He's definitely playing more centrally.

Earlier in the season Klopp said Mane was still adjusting to "playing in from the left". I assumed it was his English at fault, but in hindsight the literal meaning makes more sense.

When Mane played on the right he would take the ball inside or move into the centre & create havoc, this season he's seen less of the ball & not done the same from the left, in fact he's been in the ball further to the left & often much deeper than usual.

He certainly seems more effective these last few games & he's definitely been more central, so I'm thinking it's what they've been working on.

That combined with Salah now looking more comfortable scoring with his right says to me that we've been working on opening teams up using the full backs who get space by Mane & Salah coming inside, Salah in that case would have seen a lot of balls coming in from the left hand side in training.

We essentially play him as one but like I said he needs to do it in the CL against a big side.

Still phenomenal mind

Five Premiership teams were in the CL until last week, he's done it against big European sides. Chelsea, Spurs and City have all been on the end of his goals this season.

I'm not sure why you try so fucking hard to be the site cynic. No one is saying he's the best player ever, but if he's drawing these sort of comparisons, it's probably for good reason and not because some bellend with a Youtube account has scouted him as the Egyptian Messi before he's kicked a competitive ball.

He's definitely playing more centrally.

Earlier in the season Klopp said Mane was still adjusting to "playing in from the left". I assumed it was his English at fault, but in hindsight the literal meaning makes more sense.

When Mane played on the right he would take the ball inside or move into the centre & create havoc, this season he's seen less of the ball & not done the same from the left, in fact he's been in the ball further to the left & often much deeper than usual.

He certainly seems more effective these last few games & he's definitely been more central, so I'm thinking it's what they've been working on.

That combined with Salah now looking more comfortable scoring with his right says to me that we've been working on opening teams up using the full backs who get space by Mane & Salah coming inside, Salah in that case would have seen a lot of balls coming in from the left hand side in training.

It's definitely a change in our set-up, presumably to get Mane on the ball more but I also wonder if we are trying to put him into the Coutinho playmaking role in some games where we are up against a park the bus side. Klopp was effusive in his praise of Mane after the game and it sounds like he is bigging him up in that position. It didn't always work against ManU because Mane gave the ball away so often but his passing was much better v Watford, more controlled but also incisive at times - just what we need.

Yeah, I think he has been changed. I missed the Watford game due to the Rugby but I heard that he was more central.

Watford are going to be to Salah what Norwich were to Suarez. Easy pickings.

I love Salah but Suarez was still a better player in my book. Early days though.
Suarez was just a freak. You could just punt the ball the air towards him and he'd roll the defender and create a goalscoring opportunity.

Salah has defenders terrified of him. They are so petrified that they give in early and actually allow him have the ball. Any ball into space is now a goal scoring opportunity for Salah. Defenders are afraid to get too close to him in fear of being burned with a deft touch or a clean pair of heels. They just keep backing away, shitting themselves and he is putting defenders to the sword time and time again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom