• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Salah-ng, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fabio

Former mod, consistent c***
Honorary Member
So, with Salah increasingly likely to fuck off, let's do everyone's favourite type of thread; hypothetical transfers!

PSG decide to fork over 80mil of their finest bloodstained pounds; who we getting?

Raphinha? Adeyemi? Isak? Antony?

Do you go up market for 1 signing? Or try and spread the wealth to improve a couple of weak areas?

Respect for new thread.

80 mill?

I'd go for adeyemi & Antony.

Or ask Mbappe if we can just give him the 80 million as a sign on fee and then pay him 200k/week.

Depends how much we get - Real Madrid bid something like 200m euro for Mbappe in the summer despite him having a year left. If Mbappe goes and PSG 'need' some sort of statement signing to offset fan irritation, then they might spunk £150m odd for Salah. In which case I'd try and use the money to sign Antony (or someone else good on the right) and Bellingham.

I doubt that anybody will give us any money for Salah. They will wait for him to become a free agent.
If he were to leave before the end of his contract, we’ll not spend any money on the usual suspects.

If he wants to go then he can fuck off. I'm going to believe we have someone lined up if he thinks the grass is greener. No idea who.

Nobody bigger than the club. As always.

I'd buy a left footed right winger, like Raphinha.
Not sure though, Raphinha isn't much of a goalscorer.

Depends how much we get - Real Madrid bid something like 200m euro for Mbappe in the summer despite him having a year left. If Mbappe goes and PSG 'need' some sort of statement signing to offset fan irritation, then they might spunk £150m odd for Salah. In which case I'd try and use the money to sign Antony (or someone else good on the right) and Bellingham.

M'bappe is a generational talent and only 22. Mo will be 30 and potentially on a downward curve. I think 80m is more than reasonable

M'bappe is a generational talent and only 22. Mo will be 30 and potentially on a downward curve. I think 80m is more than reasonable

Yeah but PSG may well do what Barca did when they sold Neymar and feel they need to splash out to make sure their fans don't riot. It's not as if they need to be prudent financially, and it will look better to their fans if they spend £150m on Salah than if they spent £80m.

Bukayo Saka is a player I would love to watch every week. Will he score as much as Mo - probably not. But he is the kind of player you pay money to see and he would replace something a younger Mane gave us in terms of unstoppable build-up play down the wing. The goals would have to come from elsewhere.

I doubt that anybody will give us any money for Salah. They will wait for him to become a free agent.
If he were to leave before the end of his contract, we’ll not spend any money on the usual suspects.

not so sure. He’s getting on and an extra year at his age is a lot. He’s a world class talent and they don’t come along that often so I think clubs will be queuing up for him and his signature this summer. If his agent has plans on dragging this out until next summer it’s a mistake. That would be worse for Mo having to play with all the negativity around him. The fans have been patient with him but it’s becoming increasingly clear he’s off so fans will turn on him if he’s going to try and leave on a free. I don’t think he’s the type anyway. It’ll happen this summer.

None of Mo, Nando or Suarez were exactly world class when they came to us. Klopp will find another or two with the funds we get from Mo’s sale.
Trust in Klopp.

If nothing new has happened since December we’ve been looking at alternatives for a while now, on top of the whatever long term succession plan/list we already had for the front 3 and general scouting of good players.

This is me convincing myself there’s another Diaz in the works but honestly Diaz Jota Mane sounds alright but almost back to square one in terms of depth. I left out Bobby on purpose, i don’t think he has a great deal left in the tank.

I think we might just sign Bellingham with any Salah money and opt for Diaz, Mane, Firmino, Jota.

Risky but I could see it happening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom