• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Salah injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also we maybe sometimes forget he has been playing football non stop for so long without a decent break in an intense league. Having a 2 week little rest must feel like a holiday to him.

I actually like Origi, I think he has grown a lot mentally in the last 6 months, that match against Barca and the other match winning goals will have given him a lot of confidence. The only area where he is lacking is playing well when started. Of course Barca... but he needs to do that regularly to complete his potential arc

There's nothing wrong with Salah. He's just not as good as he first appeared to be to some. He's still plenty good enough, and he can improve.

He absolutely needs to improve his ball retention.

Liverpool fans’ criticism of Mohamed Salah’s recent displays is truly bizarre

by Ben Goodwinshare

2 minute read 8/10/2019 | 08:30am
This article is part of Football FanCast’s In Numbers series, which takes a statistical look at performances, season-long form and reported transfer targets…

Some Liverpool fans have been critical of Mohamed Salah’s recent performances, but his statistics against Leicester tell a different story.
Salah has become a victim of his own success. The Egypt international scored a ridiculous 44 goals in his first season at Anfield, and has racked up 77 goals and 32 assists in all competitions for the club since his arrival (116 matches).

Because of that insane production level, the 27 year-old is now criticised any time he doesn’t get on the score-sheet or provide a goal, and some Reds fans have bashed his recent form.
Lowkey err..thang@ErrThangLowkey​
But really, Mo Salah needs to be benched for few games. His performance has been abysmal​

See Lowkey err..thang's other Tweets

klopping it@insideteacher​
Tired of salah. Should have been benched at times: wasteful​

See klopping it's other Tweets

inder hundal@HundalInder​
It's time Origi should start ...Salah bench #LFC

See inder hundal's other Tweets

However, Liverpool’s Egyptian King actually put in a very good display when the Foxes came to town this weekend, racking up a 7.2 rating on Sofascore, which was only bettered by four players on the pitch.

Mohamed-Salah-vs-Leicester.jpg

Per Sofascore, Salah completed every dribble he attempted, carving out opportunities for himself and mustering five shots at goal, although three of those were blocked. He was fouled the most of anyone on the pitch (four) – the defenders just couldn’t deal with him.
He was also a quality source of chances for his teammates, completing 75% of his passes despite attempting mostly forward, incisive balls, including three key passes, one of which was a lovely piece of link-up play that ended with Sadio Mane shooting just wide.

The £34m man didn’t stop there though, harassing the visiting defenders constantly, winning eight out of 12 duels. To put that into perspective, Mane won eight out of 17, Roberto Firmino won just four out of nine, while Virgil van Dijk won eight out of ten.

Salah did lose possession 13 times, but that is a completely reasonable number for an attacking player. Mane surrendered the ball 14 times, Firmino 12, while full-backs Andy Robertson and Trent Alexander Arnold combined for a whopping 71 losses of possession.

So, if Salah was “abysmal” and “wasteful” then so were his strike partners, so were the famed Liverpool full-back duo, and so was pretty much every player on the pitch.
You’d be hard pushed to find another player who could rack up three key passes, three dribbles, five shots and eight duels in a match and receive calls to be benched.

Wow, how stupid must they all feel?!

If only they'd taken the time to study the game properly, and access the available data, the haters would have known that Salah made "three key passes, three dribbles, five shots and eight duels"

Red faces all around, methinks!

Salah is missing chances he himself is creating. So I really don't understand these fickle fans.

Wow, how stupid must they all feel?!

If only they'd taken the time to study the game properly, and access the available data, the haters would have known that Salah made "three key passes, three dribbles, five shots and eight duels"

Red faces all around, methinks!
You just need to have watched the game with a bit of sense to realise that he was mostly very good. I don't think it is too much to ask people 'to watch the game properly', rather than with a complete lack of wit. Aye, bring in Origi. For fucks sakes.

What is a dribble, he lost the call at least twice trying to turn with it?

You just need to have watched the game with a bit of sense to realise that he was mostly very good. I don't think it is too much to ask people 'to watch the game properly', rather than with a complete lack of wit. Aye, bring in Origi. For fucks sakes.

I didn't think he was great, certainly nowhere near as devastating as he can be, but he played well enough. But then he is one of our best players, so maybe expectations are a bit too high. I certainly wouldn't drop him for Origi based on that game, or indeed any other. But then I'm not fucking retarded.

Nope. But he's a real worry for teams in his own right, not simply because Salah gets extra attention at times

Of course Mane is real worry in his own right. I wasn't taking anything away from him. I think he's a superstar.

My post was highlighting other benefits we get from Salah even if he is playing poorly or his passing is sloppy.

He's definitely below par , when a great player is below they can still, not surprisingly , Pass the ball and dribble

That said, he still scored twice and won us the match mid week, so it's far from panic stations , he could easily have scored at the weekend , in which instance probably noone other than twitter spaz's are even questioning his form

He's definitely below par , when a great player is below they can still, not surprisingly , Pass the ball and dribble

That said, he still scored twice and won us the match mid week, so it's far from panic stations , he could easily have scored at the weekend , in which instance probably noone other than twitter spaz's are even questioning his form

I know, it's like a total disaster that he's only scored 6 goals by October.

Salah has hurt his ankle, not sure if he will miss games but one thing it has bought light to me is that it explains some of his performances. Hes obviously getting goals and assists but the moments in-between he doesn't seems at his blistering best. His first touch seems off and his balance isnt as tight as it used to be. But if he has a lingering ankle issue then of course thats going to affect his gameplay somewhat. I wont be surprised to hear Salah going to get end of season surgery to hopefully deal with it, but for now it seems like the club doctors are going to manage him.

It is crying out for a more direct & pacey replacement to allow him to go fuller throttle for the first 60-70 mins of games knowing he will be withdrawn should we be comfortable. I know he's young but I get the impression that Elliot might fit that bill as an impact sub who can play that role on the right wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom