• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sadio Mane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can he pass some of his fighting spirit and aggression to Keita? Mané clearly has it in spades - he seems to have been personally insulted by Salah usurping him.

Keita appears more worried about getting sent off than fighting for his life on the pitch.

He scored 44 goals last season and is only one goal behind the top scorer this season.

There are certainly games where you can say "what happened?" and yeah, his record against the top teams this season is woeful, but he hammered all of them last year, scoring vital goals against City, Roma, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham, so to try and label him some sort of "flat track bully" is risible

Didn't say that amigo. He's not showing up in the big games. He's a sensation no doubt, but I'm tired of seeing him flail when we need someone, anyone to pop up with a goal against City, Everton, Man U, anyone this season. I mean FFS, it's not asking a lot.

And yes he's amazing, he's a team player, he got 44 goals last year, blah blah - but we need him now to show up otherwise it's lights out on our best title challenge in 30 years,

Didn't say that amigo. He's not showing up in the big games. He's a sensation no doubt, but I'm tired of seeing him flail when we need someone, anyone to pop up with a goal against City, Everton, Man U, anyone this season. I mean FFS, it's not asking a lot.

And yes he's amazing, he's a team player, he got 44 goals last year, blah blah - but we need him now to show up otherwise it's lights out on our best title challenge in 30 years,
But you’re basing your assumption on one season (this one) while ignoring another (last season).
Did he dissapear in big games last season?
Has all of the games he hasn’t scored in been against big sides? How about our last 7-8 games where he’s had a return of zero?
He’s been off form and is doing his best to get back to scoring goals again. Saying he’s not scoring in the big games so he’s not got the mentality while ignoring the fact he’s not scoring in the smaller games makes no sense.

Best scorers with assists so far this season according to BBC

1. Aguero 18-6
  2. Salah 17-7
  3. Aubamayeng 17-4
  4. Kane 17-4
  5. Mane 17-1
  6. Sterling 15 -9
  7. Hazard 13-11

If a player wants to go, what can you do? If a player wants to leave, I say let him. The club should extract as much money as possible. Realistic price of £170m sounds reasonable and with the sale of
Origi £15m
Ming £10m
Clyne £20m
Ings £25m
Grujic £20m
Ryan Kent £10m
Taiwo Awoniyi £10m
Shaq £30m

Gives around £140m

We can then get Matthijs de Ligt, Isco Or Dyabala, Kieran Tierney, and Werner. Total fantasy but definitely feasible

If a player wants to go, what can you do? If a player wants to leave, I say let him. The club should extract as much money as possible. Realistic price of £170m sounds reasonable and with the sale of
Origi £15m
Ming £10m
Clyne £20m
Ings £25m
Grujic £20m
Ryan Kent £10m
Taiwo Awoniyi £10m
Shaq £30m

Gives around £140m

We can then get Matthijs de Ligt, Isco Or Dyabala, Kieran Tierney, and Werner. Total fantasy but definitely feasible

Ahhh, the fantasy sales list with fantasy figures, and fantasy purchases with said unreasonably fantastic money from sales surely deserves its own thread?

Origi £15m
Ming £10m
Clyne £20m
Ings £25m
Grujic £20m
Ryan Kent £10m
Taiwo Awoniyi £10m
Shaq £30m

Gives around £140m

I'm not sure moron needs two log-ins

Origi £15m
Ming £10m
Clyne £20m
Ings £25m
Grujic £20m
Ryan Kent £10m
Taiwo Awoniyi £10m
Shaq £30m

Gives around £140m

Ah the old total fantasy that's definitely feasible.

We have Oxymoron to go with the Ox

Ah the old total fantasy that's definitely feasible.

We have Oxymoron to go with the Ox

Waitaminute!

Did Dreamy just make a two-stage joke that required the correct interpretation of someone else's post, combined with an accurate definition of (relatively) esoteric word, plus a jibe at another poster?

All in one go? BY HIMSELF?

OK, so we have to overlook the shoehorned addition of "Ox" to make it work at all, but this is still pretty astonishing.

Waitaminute!

Did Dreamy just make a two-stage joke that required the correct interpretation of someone else's post, combined with an accurate definition of (relatively) esoteric word, plus a jibe at another poster?

OK, so we have to overlook the shoehorned addition of "Ox" to make it work at all, but this is still pretty astonishing.
Nah - it was just his autocorrect

Monkeys & typewriters etc.

Guillem Balague: “Zidane may be interested in Mane. Problem is Liverpool have no interest whatsoever in getting rid of Mane.

“There is no buyout clause, there is no way to actually get Mane out of Liverpool. With that in mind I would say that story is basically dead.”

Yeah, so let me qualify - THIS SEASON, we need him (salah) to show up in big games

Yes, he was phenomenal last season.

This season, he's not been showing up for the big games. We need him to.

Last edited:
Guillem Balague: “Zidane may be interested in Mane. Problem is Liverpool have no interest whatsoever in getting rid of Mane.

“There is no buyout clause, there is no way to actually get Mane out of Liverpool. With that in mind I would say that story is basically dead.”

Yeah, just like there was no buyout clause when he forced through his move to Southampton and refused to play in a crucial CL match for Salzburg. The man's a cunt, don't delude yourself.

Waitaminute!

99.9999999999% I don’t put in the effort or something about monkeys and typewriters is also plausible.

Yeah, just like there was no buyout clause when he forced through his move to Southampton and refused to play in a crucial CL match for Salzburg. The man's a cunt, don't delude yourself.

Whilst I agree that Mane will want to leave if Real come in as most none scouse players naturally would, and will probably try to force a move through if they do come in, Liverpool are financially in a stronger position to be stubborn than Southampton were, and the club have shown they will just say no.

I also think in the future it will boil down to us needing to win something to convince him and our other best players to continually want to stay.

Also Real will need to be offering a ridiculous amount to convince us to sell.

Whilst I agree that Mane will want to leave if Real come in as most none scouse players naturally would, and will probably try to force a move through if they do come in, Liverpool are financially in a stronger position to be stubborn than Southampton were, and the club have shown they will just say no.

Well, we've shown that we'll just say no up until the point when we say yes. And we always do say yes sooner or later.

And we always do say yes sooner or later.

In the most recent instance of this we benefited as a result of the Coutinho deal. We made them pay way more than he was worth and used it to bring in a world class goalie and centre back.

If you are not winning trophies your best players will leave, unfortunately.

Well, we've shown that we'll just say no up until the point when we say yes. And we always do say yes sooner or later.

I dont think he'll be sold, but I also think Real will spend most of their time getting Hazard signed so the situation wont come to this either.

The main issue is the club can say no as often as they like, but having a player who doesn't want to be here always ends in them leaving, regardless.
Not saying he doesn't want to be here, like. Just saying.

if we win the title with him in the side he can leave if thats his wish - the club will always recruit world class if we are back at the top!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom