• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Rugby World Cup 2019

Holle

Chainsmoker
Starts in a couple of days.

Who's going to win? Who's going to disappoint? Will England make it past the group stage?

My money is on Ireland this time, even if their form isn't too reassuring. But the class is there. And their pool will make sure that they'll proceed comfortably winning their group with ease. So no fuss early on. I don't think even Scotland has a chance here.

I'm not so sure after they got tanked by England.

Although, it'll be the last hurrah for Schmidt, Best and probably a few other players so they might be motivated to go out with a bang.

Great game between France and Argentina ending 23-21. Lopez saves France with a drop goal late on. France dominated the first half whereas Argentina bullied them in the second half.

I'm not so sure after they got tanked by England.

Although, it'll be the last hurrah for Schmidt, Best and probably a few other players so they might be motivated to go out with a bang.

I was really concerned after that game because it seemed to me to be the continuation of a trend of the team being on the decline physically.

I read interviews with some players that said they had the hardest training in their life in the run up to that game. 9 days on some boot camp in Portugal.

When they played Wales in the last game they dominated the physical exchanges. So I'm way more positive but still don't see us beating SA or NZ.

Scotland are good too, they'll give us trouble.

We really need Henshaw in the centre if we're to progress. I don't think we have any real cutting edge without him. Ringrose just seems a notch below international class still - he's got serious talent but doesn't show it at the top level. Aki is a bit on the pedestrian side for me, .
just average.

Stockdale needs to be a star for us in the tournament and we need the likes of Larmour ,Carberry and Ringrose to take a step up.

Murray worries me, teams can defend the box kicks now so he has less value. Ever since the neck injury he seems reluctant around contact and his passing has never been better than average. I'd have Cooney and McGrath over him.

The lineout has been a bit of a worry but the pack is ready. We're really thin at 7 , if Van Der Flier gets injured (and he usually does) it will hurt us considerably.

Great game between France and Argentina ending 23-21. Lopez saves France with a drop goal late on. France dominated the first half whereas Argentina bullied them in the second half.

I'll have to catch the highlights. I love watching Argnetina.

NZ up 17-3 at half time on the Boks. I'll need to catch up with that one later too.

Starts in a couple of days.

Who's going to win? Who's going to disappoint? Will England make it past the group stage?

My money is on Ireland this time, even if their form isn't too reassuring. But the class is there. And their pool will make sure that they'll proceed comfortably winning their group with ease. So no fuss early on. I don't think even Scotland has a chance here.
I'd love to think you're right Holle, but alas, I don't think so. I'm worried that Scotland may give us a bloody nose today. England have a serious chance in this tournament.

Nervy start but Henderson's rumble into the 22 leads to the first score of the game.

Yes, lovely break from Henderson. We need to stop kicking the ball to Hogg though. We do that enough times and we'll be punished.

As if by magic Van Der Flier lasted 13 minutes before needing medical attention.

Brave call to go for the corner pays off. Scotland were so focused on trying to push the maul into touch they made it easy to push them over the goaline.

Haha ... Hogg gets unlucky. The ball hits the post he picks it up and gets knocked over the line. ..5 metre scrum

Brilliant, quick decisive work from the 5 metre scrum. Murray making quick decisions. Lovely.

Stockdale with a brilliant chip and collect , unlucky not to finish it but no support means we lose possession

Doesn't look good for him at all. One misjudged kick aside, Stockdale looks ready to attack this tournament. Larmour and him both have the potential to cut teams open. This has been the best I've seen Murray play for a while.

We just need to continue as we are. Scotland need to come and attack , we just need to contain them and keep putting them under pressure. When they make mistakes , punish them.

The weather will help us now

Back
Top Bottom