• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Rooney Saga

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary25

Well-Known
So, it now looks nailed on he'll be leaving United this summer.

Who's in the right in this one? is Rooney just another example of a modern day footballer throwing his toys out of the pram or has he been fucked over by his Club?

Also, where do you think he'll go next? Chelsea imo.

Will get a wage increase and stay probably.

If we offered luis 200k a week, he to would stay and start to love the British media...

fucked over by united in what way?

Fergie's comments about him at the end of the last season - said he handed in a transfer request which Rooney himself has denied.

Also, this quote from Moyes, ""Overall, my thought on Wayne is, if for any reasons we had an injury to Robin van Persie, we'll need him,"

And finally, his Club have said they're in no rush to extend his contract which has only 2 years to run.

Fergie's comments about him at the end of the last season - said he handed in a transfer request which Rooney himself has denied.

Also, this quote from Moyes, ""Overall, my thought on Wayne is, if for any reasons we had an injury to Robin van Persie, we'll need him,"

And finally, his Club have said they're in no rush to extend his contract which has only 2 years to run.

I haven't really followed any of the Rooney stuff in the news but that Moyes quote looks to be a bit of a killer, it's up to him if he wants to fight for his place or move on. But it's coming up to a world cup and he doesn't seem like much of a bench sitter.

After all that going to city nonsense I don't think he has a right to feel aggrieved about anything.

I can't see Rooney going abroad though. Either stay at United or go to Chelsea i'd say.

If Suarez does indeed leave, Rooney might be a perfect fit for us as a replacement.

Obviously won't happen, but just saying...

Great player but maybe needs a new challenge and/or new surroundings. Although, I kind of hope he stays at Utd. It seems as though Moyes being there could make this all very messy and disruptive.
If he leaves them, then (1) Utd will probably spend big on a great replacement (2) wherever he goes (probably in England i.e. Chelsea, Arsenal or City) will be getting a great player with a point to prove.

Moyes said something about keeping him to strengthen the squad .. not a ringing endorsement and not a guaranteed starter. I think he will be on his way and don't blame him. Not a person suited to living outside the UK from all impressions so Chelsea it is (if United will sell to them).

Will get a wage increase and stay probably.

If we offered luis 200k a week, he to would stay and start to love the British media...
I think I read that he was on 220K per week.
I think scum want rid of him. Way too expensive to be sitting on the bench and sulking.

The executive Vice President made comments even before Moyes. It looks like the club hierarchy have had enough of Rooney.

It looks to me like they're pushing him towards the door. They've pretty much said they won't be renewing the contract - given that's the case with two years left now is the time to sell.

The executive Vice President made comments even before Moyes. It looks like the club hierarchy have had enough of Rooney.

It looks to me like they're pushing him towards the door. They've pretty much said they won't be renewing the contract - given that's the case with two years left now is the time to sell.

He cold screw them by playing out his contract and going somewhere for free ... That would be nice.

Yep, he'll be on his way out now.
The latest comments from the club indicates it.

He'll hand in a new transfer request and leave for 25-27 mill imho.
The problem is obvs his wages. I'd say Chelsea are his best bet.
Arsenal would have to double their wage structure to land him.

He seemed to lose interest last season and wheter or not he can get going or not at a new club is the big question.
Either way it sounds expencive and with probably little return.

Utd are selling at the right time, will be interesting to see who they sign if he goes.

No one think he could end up at Real Madrid?

He would represent a marquee signing for them and allow them to sell Higuain.

He is a lazy fat waster. He could have been a world beater if he had Ronaldos work ethic and devotion to fitness

He cold screw them by playing out his contract and going somewhere for free ... That would be nice.

I think he'd be screwing himself by doing that. He may well be on a free but if he doesn't get his act together seriously over the next two years - bearing in mind he's now considered a back up to RVP- who is going to give him the big contract he wants?

He'll be 29. Having had his best season 4 years ago. Seeking 250k+ plus a week. And coming off the back of playing second fiddle to RVP for three years.

Football clubs are less and less willing to give out those contracts in those circumstances.

United say they're happy to run down the contract. And I think they've really already been screwed by Rooney - that contract is outrageous and so was his efforts to get it.

I think they'd be getting screwed more badly if they extended him again. It's pretty clear they have serious concerns with his fitness every season. They aren't going to ease as he gets older.

Wayne Rooney: Manchester United dimiss Chelsea bid

_66615864_getattachment.jpg
By Ben Smith BBC Sport
Manchester United rejected Chelsea's opening offer for Wayne Rooney last night and remain insistent the England striker is not for sale.
Chelsea are understood to have offered £10m in cash plus a player, thought to be either Juan Mata or David Luiz, in part exchange for the 27-year-old.
United immediately rejected the offer and left Chelsea in no doubt as to their position on the matter.
But Rooney has reiterated his desire to leave the club this summer.
He has been left angered by recent messages coming out of Old Trafford.
More to follow.

That's ridiculous.

As an aside, if either of mata/Luiz is available we should be all over it. Convincing then to come is another matter.

Yep, Ross is spot on. I think, Utd like the most of us, can see how badly he takes care of himself. He'll get more and more injuries and his performances will drop as time goes on. You could see it quite clearly last season. 220k is ridiculous.

I don't think running down his contract will do his England chances any good too.

The rumor going around now is that Chelsea offered 10 million + Luiz OR Mata ... If this is true and it has been rejected, Manure are idiots ...

The rumor going around now is that Chelsea offered 10 million + Luiz OR Mata ... If this is true and it has been rejected, Manure are idiots ...

Saw that on the BBC. Utd would be mad not to swap Mata with Rooney and cash.
Mind boggeling stuff from Jose though. Insane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom