• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

REALISTICALLY,WHO SHOULD LIVERPOOL LOOK TO SIGN THIS SUMMER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grealish and Bissouma for the midfield. Both ready for the big move if we have the money.

Grealish and Bissouma for the midfield. Both ready for the big move if we have the money.

How's Fekir these days lol?

Seriously, I would prefer Grealish over Haaland..We aren't solving the main problem by getting Haaland. We are nearly papering over the crack. There no dynamism in that midfield. Even with our best team, there were points last season where our team got out pressed but we were able to scrape it over the line with a 2-1 win.

Now with our barebones defence we are getting exposed as we don't have any other tactic other than:

1. Get the full-backs to whip in crosses
  2. Give the ball to Salah and Mane

For me, plan 3 would be having a central midfield dribbler. Someone soo good at dribbling with the ball from central midfield that they demand the opposition team backs off by 10 yards when they have the ball.

We used to have that with Coutinho (and to a lesser extent with Lallana). We have NOONE in our team that can play that role. Keita is the only person that looks able to be that guy but he is a defensive midfielder at heart and because we so desperate for something like that we are putting our eggs in his basket. Shaq isn't that guy despite his talents, I see him as more of a 'power runner' like ox, jones than expert dribbler.

If we do have money for a Mbappe or Haaland then I would divert that money and use it to fund Grealish or someone similar. We'd be far more dynamic.

That dribbler should also have a cracking shot from distance.

It's Bruno Fernandes that we should have signed, but we thought we were too good for him.

For what it's worth, Emiliano Buendía is who I think we should sign. And/or Mattheus Pereira

I'm surprised nobody has taken a punt on Buendia yet, he's been one of the standout players in the Championship

Patson Daka, Bissouma, Konate

Harvey Elliott to be added to the first team squad.

I would absolutely be open to the idea of Coutinho coming back. Maybe we can give them Thiago in a swap deal.

Nope - I'd never heard of him. Dominik Szoboszlai and patson Daka I am recommending. Probably cost around 60-70m for the two.
What ? - you never heard of the great Ben Davies of Preston before he joined us ? - what kind of a footy fan are you.

He'll be 30 in little over a month. He better get a move on and start proving his worth. It's not all his own fault, but he needs to do better.

30 isnt much for a player that isnt reliant on pace. Xabi Alonso was performing at the highest level at 35.

Our midfield relies on pace and stamina though. Or at least it used to...

Thiago does that job aswell, just look at his stats. But his performances will be much better in a more balanced midfield and set up.
Fabinho, Hendo and maybe a Bissouma to add that pace, stamina and steel.

Depends on our budget and who Klopp plans to sell, do we really need another midfielder? Even with Gini and possibly Milner going we have Ox Naby Hendo Thiago Jones and Fab.....

Bissouma would be a quality additional and wouldn't cost the world but for me we need 2 or even 3 new forwards and a new CB unless we plan to sign Kabak on a perm basis which I don't see happening.

Saw a post that we had him on our radar.

Not seen him play really. Can he shoot from distance too?
He's got a few goals for Leeds from outside the box, so he definitely has it in his locker. Don't think it's a huge part of his game, though. He's very creative, links play well, works hard, and plays some really sexy football at times. I'd see him as a long-term replacement for Firmino.

Last edited:
I can't comment on Raphina as I've seen little of him. Bissouma is a decent shout but will cost too much (probably) as he's on the radar of a few teams. Trossard and Traore (Heskey's choice) are laughably poor suggestions, neither are anywhere near good enough for a team with ambitions to win major trophies.

I can't comment on Raphina as I've seen little of him. Bissouma is a decent shout but will cost too much (probably) as he's on the radar of a few teams. Trossard and Traore (Heskey's choice) are laughably poor suggestions, neither are anywhere near good enough for a team with ambitions to win major trophies.

Raphinha should be in the Leeds United team tonight at 6 p.m. on Sky vs Southampton

Bissouma has two years left on his Brighton deal, and will probably cost over 30 mill £. But he's worth it.
Only 24 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom