• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Random Fights Thread

471745946f058c2c5161de4b90ffde3f.jpg

Just do a poll. Who wants one large thread of random shite with different stuff in it and who wants separate threads for stuff.

To be honest, I think I've seen only one person who wants it the latter, which is a bit unfair on the rest.

Just do a poll. Who wants one large thread of random shite with different stuff in it and who wants separate threads for stuff.

To be honest, I think I've seen only one person who wants it the latter, which is a bit unfair on the rest.

No need for a poll, we have them both and that's just fine.

For the love of god I created this thread to keep it out of the FF to discuss this and you still post in the FF

:facepalm:

This thread is an exceptional explanation why Darwin was wrong about natural selection.

The human species clearly haven't progressed much based on the evidences of this thread alone.

This thread is an exceptional explanation why Darwin was wrong about natural selection.

The human species clearly haven't progressed much based on the evidences of this thread alone.
This thread is one of the ones that didn't make it. It has been cast aside, to be forgotten by history while the mighty Random Shite 2.1 thread continues to evolve and go on to have future generations of Random Shite threads. The original Random Shite thread now exists only in fossil form in the Vault.
Evolution can be cruel but Random Shite finds a way. It's a beautiful, awesome thing.

99% of the decisions the Mods make are completely contrary to the rest of the forum's wishes. The other 1% are when we have to fucking tell you to ban the likes of Modo, which still takes y'all 6 months too long.

Seriously, do any regular posters want a multitude of new threads everytime Jose Enrique farts?

I can't work out why you want a forum that the members don't.

99% of the decisions the Mods make are completely contrary to the rest of the forum's wishes. The other 1% are when we have to fucking tell you to ban the likes of Modo, which still takes y'all 6 months too long.

Seriously, do any regular posters want a multitude of new threads everytime Jose Enrique farts?

I can't work out why you want a forum that the members don't.

We don't want threads from when Enrique fart.. that however is acceptable content for a random shite thread

We just want thread worthy content to be posted to generate discussion, if it's posted in a random shite thread, it's quickly forgotten about.

Some of the best threads of late have come from topics split from the Random Shite thread.. Once they Became threads in their own right they generated interest and discussion

Its proven that is what generates interest in the site. Whilst at the same time there is a place for a Random Shite thread if it is used exactly like that, for Random Shite..

It'll get locked everytime people post non random shite in it. We will not be splitting topics out of this thread, so use your judgement

This is total bollocks because what is thread-worthy (in most cases) is subjective. The Financials I'll give you but the Aitkinson comment wasn't and many others are debatable. You simply can't just foist your opinion of what is or isn't thread-worthy on everybody, and berate them for not making a new thread, because what happens is they just don't bother posting new articles / snippets at all, it's just not worth the hassle you are dishing out.

If you can't be arsed creating a thread yourself from the Random Shite thread (and BTW you are being very hypocritical since personally you have created only FIVE threads in this forum over the past SIX weeks) then just a gentle reminder would be far better received, as opposed to the storm-trooping, baton-wielding, of you and Fabio over the past couple of weeks, which just a perusal of this and other related threads demonstrates has stirred up a hornets' nest of unrest amongst the proletariate.

These are three of the pearls out of the five you have posted over the past 6 weeks (we all have thread failures, but it just goes to show that Thread Creation isn't always better than posting in Random Shite and is, as I said, highly subjective). Not having a pop, just a demonstration of my point.

Johnson is done (13 responses)
a manager making a difference (6 responses)
Rafa v Sky Sports Italia (3 responses)

I'll just clarify I never move posts. That's RedNinja.

So is your suggestion that if three shit threads were one bigger shit thread that stayed on view forever that would be better?

I'll just clarify I never move posts. That's RedNinja.

So is your suggestion that if three shit threads were one bigger shit thread that stayed on view forever that would be better?

OK, apologies, I've amended the post above to reflect that.

You know very well what the suggestion is, no need to pervert that idea.

You should also be able to agree on the points I made which is most relevant : one of which is that what is worthy of thread creation is highly subjective - as those 3 of yours demonstrate (I've had plenty like that but that just goes to endorse the point).

The heavy handed attitude of the Mods is actually having a detrimental effect - that much should be obvious. That's particularly surprising coming from someone who is running his own business, since you should know it doesn't work in real life so why would it on a forum ?

as I said, start the thread. But if things are posted in it that obviously shouldn't be there it will be locked.

The number of replies doesn't determine the value of a thread. And there's nothing wrong with shit threads falling away as they should.

You should know when you look at the front page of the forum what the latest news is from the thread titles. We can't be farting around in one big thread searching for interesting things.

A random shite thread makes the forum structure redundant. Why not just have a football thread?

so we have a forum full of Random Shite threads then that generate little discussion ?

Thats really does not make sense..

I don't see an issue with it.. providing thread worthy content is posted in new thread as it should be..

IMHO.. you have to meet in the middle here Ross, its some clear people want it...

There is valid arguments for and against..

A heavy handed approach is not what this forum needs..

Read my post you dopey twat.

I've invited someone to start the thread, clearly it's too much hassle

What you lot need is a chat forum, not a football forum

And when we had the chatbox, the forum died, so that went.

When we have the random shite thread, the effect is the same

Read my post you dopey twat.

I've invited someone to start the thread, clearly it's too much hassle

What you lot need is a chat forum, not a football forum

And when we had the chatbox, the forum died, so that went.

When we have the random shite thread, the effect is the same

I'm dead against a chatbox for the reasons you mentioned.. but the Random shite thread, if managed correctly..is not really that..

If people use random shite for RANDOM SHITE it will work

Actual football conversation or something that could generate discussion deserves it's own thread.

It depends on the "football conversation" though. Starting a new thread because Coutinho took a shit isn't worthy of a new thread. As I said in Ryan's thread, I think it's pretty obvious when something deserves a new thread.

Anyway, this is getting silly.

Back
Top Bottom