• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Racist Manchester.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see how this is all over the news and Olivier Holt is posting non stop about it on twitter just like it was for the guy at the Oldham game.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=48569.msg1476900#msg1476900 date=1328354111]
Always with the one upmanship.
[/quote]

This is exactly what I thought as soon as I heard about it. Ridiculous that our dickhead minority will be near happy to see this just to put the knives into United

To be fair, this is the lead story on the regional sub-section local news outlets.

[quote author=Asbo link=topic=48569.msg1476904#msg1476904 date=1328355206]
That Paiara Power isn't commenting on it either
[/quote]

The prick knows his team are currently competing with us rather than with ManUre.

Power has just made his Twitter account private, he was getting too many messages from footy fans asking where was his condemnation of the ManU racist supporter

Apparently Piara power called someone a coconut, and being as the guy was Asian, he may be in trouble?

Is the term 'coconut' racist?

Comments

Facebook
Twitter

Nuala McGovern | 11:09 UK time, Tuesday, 29 June 2010

In Bristol, a black councillor, Shirley Brown, has been found guilty of racial harrassment for calling her Asian political opponent a 'coconut'.

The term coconut, has been used to accuse someone of betraying their race, or culture, by implying that, like a coconut, they are brown on the outside but white on the inside.

Similar racial terms to denote 'acting white' while from another ethnic group include 'bounty bar', 'oreo' and 'banana', here's Racialicious' take on it.

Do you consider all these terms racist? And should their use be criminalised?

Alan who posted at Harry's Place doesn't think so:

The problem, I think, is this. At the moment, in our political culture, it is commonplace to talk of ethnic and cultural groups as if they were homogeneous blocs. If that's your starting point, then it follows that there can be such a thing as a 'race traitor'. You may want to resist such a politics. I certainly would. But I question whether the criminal conviction of a councillor does much to advance that cause.

Here's what Gazter thinks about the term 'coconut':

It is one of the most insulting things one black person can say to another (though in this case the victim was asian not black). Ask some successful black individuals, if you have any black friends, what they think of the term (they are likely to have received the insult at some time), and watch the steam come out of their ears.

Jay Jethwa, the politician on the receiving end of the jibe said:

The word is doubly insulting as it insults both me and the white population.

Could 'coconut' even be considered a compliment? The Voice of Reason thinks so.

Have you ever heard 'coconut' or a similar term used? What was your reaction?

I don't know if its true, but I'd love it to bite him on the Arse after all the shit he gave out.

Here is the incident:

https://twitter.com/#!/parmjitsingh77/status/165764005556797440/photo/1

Singh has just restated it lol.

parmjitsingh77Simba

All I said to @PiaraPowar was " interesting how u don't have an opinion on the alleged racist abuse from a mufc fan isnt it?

8 minutes ago FavoriteRetweetReply

Retweeted by JimBoardman

Oh dear. Not only is that telling him, it's a fellow Asian doing so. That would REALLY have put his nose out of joint. Is that the guy Powar called a "coconut"?

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=48569.msg1476950#msg1476950 date=1328362118]
Oh dear. Not only is that telling him, it's a fellow Asian doing so. That would REALLY have put his nose out of joint. Is that the guy Powar called a "coconut"?
[/quote]

yes its in the link I put up, someone expand it please

Akz9vRbCMAEtQ7t.jpg

[quote author=Asbo link=topic=48569.msg1476951#msg1476951 date=1328362124]
Ohh its going Viral PaulTomkins is pushing it now, people won't let this go!
[/quote]

Those who live by the sword, and all that.

Piara Powar - what a fucking name. His first name translates into 'Lovely' for those wondering.

[quote author=dmishra link=topic=48569.msg1477038#msg1477038 date=1328369725]
Piara Powar - what a fucking name. His first name translates into 'Lovely' for those wondering.
[/quote]

Surprised it doesnt mean hungry for

It's so utterly hilarious, I don't think he could have lived without changing his name if he had ever lived in India. And if I were him, I wouldn't have just changed my name, but disowned and possibly sued my parents too.

Lol at people getting upset cos an Asian guy called another Asian guy a coconut.

damightydilDil Ali

@

@IssyFlamel @JimBoardman I have now officially (and given my details) reported Mr Powar to the Met Police. I cant believe he said that!

[quote author=Atlas link=topic=48569.msg1477060#msg1477060 date=1328371322]
Lol at people getting upset cos an Asian guy called another Asian guy a coconut.
[/quote]

he is the Race guy, who has been slagging Suarez and LFC off constantly for weeks.

in 2010 a woman MP was charged for calling someone a coconut, it is racially offensive

It is definatly Para powers account, he has fucked up big style, Karma in action! ;D

Here is the link to it:

https://twitter.com/#!/PiaraPowar

he went private right after he fucked up, he will be shitting coconuts now ;D

I honestly don't think he meant it to be racist, more in the vein of 'Don't be a plantpot'. But, he's an attention seeking bellend and I'm pleased he's getting this attention. Be careful what you wish for Power.

[quote author=Sheik Yerbouti link=topic=48569.msg1477106#msg1477106 date=1328377974]
I honestly don't think he meant it to be racist, more in the vein of 'Don't be a plantpot'. But, he's an attention seeking bellend and I'm pleased he's getting this attention. Be careful what you wish for Power.
[/quote]

Oh you mean like Suarez saying the Spanish Negro?

I know who he is asbo, jus that I don't really think anyone actually gives a flying crap what he called someone else on twitter, just a chance for the mob to take down their man.

I hope he gets in all kind of trouble as he's been a right cunt for weeks now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom