• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Premier League : Week 4 (11th Sept thru 13th Sept.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll see what what table says at the end of the season, but looking at the squads with anything other than red-tinted glasses would suggest we've the 4th best squad. At least based on depth and form. When our first eleven is fit and on form, we're as good as anyone - but it's a fragile state.
I’m not even sure that’s true anymore to be honest.

Hey I'm all for that super fan thing, but they spent money and improved, we haven't. It's completely logical that they'd finish above us. We can't hold on to old merits forever.
It's actually not logical. Yes they have improved but we really don't know where we are at because last season was such an abortion with all the injuries. We were champions the season before with an 18 point gap to 2nd, have we fallen off a cliff? Is that fall due to the injuries or player form/aging or both? Will the form return now we've got a solid, stable, defence again? I don't think any of us know where we're at at the moment, it's too early to say.

I’m not even sure that’s true anymore to be honest.

Behave - that’s still a first team thats won the Premier League, Champions League, Super Cup and World Club Cup - something no other current squad has achieved.

It’s not that long ago and our first team is good enough to do it again.

It's actually not logical. Yes they have improved but we really don't know where we are at because last season was such an abortion with all the injuries. We were champions the season before with an 18 point gap to 2nd, have we fallen off a cliff? Is that fall due to the injuries or player form/aging or both? Will the form return now we've got a solid, stable, defence again? I don't think any of us know where we're at at the moment, it's too early to say.
Sure, it is too early to tell, I'm just basing it on a feeling.
A feeling that our squad is two years older since we last won something.
Let's be honest, some aren't playing as well as they did back then.
Firmino, Hendo and Mane mainly.
Also we don't know what we're going to get from Van Dijk and Matip considering their injuries.
Thiago has not taken us to another level like I thought he would.
If we bought a decent striker, I'd at least be able to say that we got Jota and X, but we don't. We got fucking Origi, Ox and Minamino waiting on the sidelines and a fucking 18 year old.

I really hope we don't drop any points against Leeds today.

Last edited:
Sure, it is too early to tell, I'm just basing it on a feeling.
A feeling that out squad is two years older since we last won something.
Let's be honest, some aren't playing as well as they did back then.
Firmino, Hendo and Mane mainly.
Also we don't know what we're going to get from Van Dijk and Matip consider their injuries.
Thiago has not taken us to another level like I thought he would.
If we bought a decent striker, I'd at least be able to say that we got Jota and X, but we don't. We got fucking Origi, Ox and Minamino waiting on the sidelines and a fucking 18 year old.

I really hope we don't drop any points against Leeds today.
Yep agree with you totally regarding the backup to our front line, Jota aside and he is maybe 1st Team and Firmino backup.

Hendo has only just come back from injury - give him a chance ! Uh-oh you're the one who hates him aren't you? Or maybe I'm getting mixed up.

VvD and Matip have already shown they're back to full form - there aren't many harder tests in European football than this current Chelsea team! So we'll have to see their return impacts on the team as a whole but we haven't looked too shabby so far.

Yep agree with you totally regarding the backup to our front line, Jota aside and he is maybe 1st Team and Firmino backup.

Hendo has only just come back from injury - give him a chance ! Uh-oh you're the one who hates him aren't you? Or maybe I'm getting mixed up.

VvD and Matip have already shown they're back to full form - there aren't many harder tests in European football than this current Chelsea team! So we'll have to see their return impacts on the team as a whole but we haven't looked too shabby so far.
Hendo came back from injury before the Euro's and it's not like it was career threatening.

Behave - that’s still a first team thats won the Premier League, Champions League, Super Cup and World Club Cup - something no other current squad has achieved.

It’s not that long ago and our first team is good enough to do it again.

There's 2 massive assumptions there. Firstly that this team is as good as it was 3 years ago, and in some obvious cases I think that's clearly not the case. Secondly that none of our rivals are stronger now than they were when we won the title relative to us.

I don't think either of those assumptions is true.

There is also a 3rd one, which states that every signing our rivals have made will be successful.
Which for some strange reason our own fans seem to think.

We were 5 points behind Utd last season. They had their best season in years and we one of our worst given that we had almost half the team out injured for parts or most of it.
Get to fuck with the idea that they are better than us.

There's 2 massive assumptions there. Firstly that this team is as good as it was 3 years ago, and in some obvious cases I think that's clearly not the case. Secondly that none of our rivals are stronger now than they were when we won the title relative to us.

City isn’t stronger. They’re not as good as they were.

I think we’re weaker too in terms of the best team we can put out, but we do actually have a better squad now.

No doubt Chelsea and United are better than they were, but enough to top us and City? Maybe, maybe not.

Colley caresses Martinez's face and he goes down holding his face as if he's been shot.

SIGN HIM UP.

& Inter score from the free kick, WHAT A STRIKE BY DIMARCO. 0-1

Couldn't get that more into the top corner if you tried.

Sampdoria level, absolute brutal deflection.

Great OG from Dzeko mind....getting megged in the process.

Martinez puts Inter back in front, superb cushioned volley.

Damsgaard bullied off the ball in the build up, he's been terrible today.

Atletico are fucking shit, I've changed my mind...nothing to fear there. They're a bunch of fanny flappers.

Here’s the thing - other teams being better could help in the sense of taking more points off each other.

I don’t necessarily think we need to get close to 100 points to win the league.

We’re on a decent run of form carrying on from the run in last season - while not playing great, we were doing well enough up until Christmas last year.

Each of the 3 other teams that are likely to challenge for the title have weaknesses that can be exploited as well.

Getting the vibes that title is largely going to be decided on the head-to-heads between the big clubs.

Ourselves, City, Chelsea and United all have squads capable of steamrolling over the midtable/lower level sides, and I suspect the largest points gap in the league will between fourth and fifth position. I'm likely chatting shit, but it feels like a return of an established top four.

Everton XI - Dickford Mina Keane Godfrey Coleman Allan Doucoure Digne Townsend Gray Richarlison

Burnley XI - Pope Lowton Mee Tarkowski Taylor Westwood Brownhill Mcneil Gudmundsson Barnes Wood

Well, he's certainly in the top 5 or so, and arguably the best, it's not that wild a statement, especially from someone that would be a little biased.

How good is the top 4 in this country?
It’s insane the quality in the PL and should never be taken for granted especially considering the 2 of the last 3 CL finals have been all english.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom