• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

6TimesaRed

Not a Bot....
Administrator
I think once the season resumes we may have an over whelming advantage over any team in the prem, and we should absolutely look to use that..

We will be able to have a pre-season in theory.. its usually key to how klopp likes to set things up for the following season..

Forget chasing records, get the title out the way after 2 or 3 games, treat the remaining games from July onwards as if it was pre season.. Given the talk of the new season starting will likely be 2-4 weeks after the current season ends.

We will be completely unaffected in theory, for when the new season starts

Pending 2nd wave in the pandemic of course..

Thoughts ?

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that's what he'll do.

The thing is I think our (re) start will be shaky as fuck. We're poor after a two break. We're awful after a summer break. This is closer to a summer break, except we don't have warm up games.

Then we have two horrible games to play.

My view is we should be planning for a 47 game season in the league. We get our points to secure the title. Then our “preseason” should be focused on getting through the final 38 games as fit as we can.

Those teams who still have things to play for could be really feeling it come February where we’d be fit as a fiddle.

I'm pretty sure that's what he'll do.

The thing is I think our (re) start will be shaky as fuck. We're poor after a two break. We're awful after a summer break. This is closer to a summer break, except we don't have warm up games.

Then we have two horrible games to play.
To be fair, I think the restart will affect all and sundry..

Certainly going to be interesting...

Klopp I think will get his point of view across.. It will be done..

Beat Everton then Palace.. job done

I'm just trying to see how the national leagues and UEFA can get all the games in. They usually use july/august for UCL/UEL qualification. Since they won't have finished off the 2019/2020 competitions until the end of August it does seem a bit of an ask to get a schedule together that isn't massively disruptive.

We also have the benefit of being able to get a number of the kids more competitive game time which could be very useful for Jones, Elliot, Williams, Hoever etc.

We also have the benefit of being able to get a number of the kids more competitive game time which could be very useful for Jones, Elliot, Williams, Hoever etc.
Will we though ? I doubt it after such a long layoff and then the new season beginning virtually forthwith.

I wonder whether we've heard the last of things on the question of.a more or less immediate restart. There are so many potential pitfalls that it wouldn't surprise me if there are further developments yet.

Will we though ? I doubt it after such a long layoff and then the new season beginning virtually forthwith.

If they try and do 8 games in 5-6 weeks I wouldn't be at all surprised to see some heavy rotation if it means we can take the key players into next season having had the benefit of a much longer break.

If there are a lot more substitutes being allowed then I think we can benefit from blitzing teams and then getting the most out of rotation that way.

If there are a lot more substitutes being allowed then I think we can benefit from blitzing teams and then getting the most out of rotation that way.
After the league is sewn up I reckon klopp won't give a fuck about the scores & be more arsed about getting the full squad in the best physical shape for the upcoming season.

Yep. Back to back titles means more to me than breaking 100 points.
And also city will arguably have an advantage, cos they'll have more competitive games for a bit longer due to the CL playing out in August, effectively acting as a competitive pre season.

The affects of that could be negative later in the season, but I fully expect at least one forced break in next season when the second/third wave hits with the usual flu season.

We may see us being extremely cautious with our players too, one of the podcasts mentioned PL managers talking about an NFL season that was stopped for weeks & upon the restart they suffered loads more hamstring injuries than ever before or since.

They won’t have European games next season either. We need to be in absolute prime condition.

Get the points to win the league. Then have the first 18 on a regime to get to 100%.

Good time to unleash the minamino now with everyone restarting at the same level of 'off form' and I expect the pace of games might be a bit lower which should suit his bedding in.

Are we still moving to the new training centre this summer? I see they have gone back to Melwood today.... wondered if they will be using that later? Or something I missed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom