• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre season starts

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not so keen bombing up and down the wing - I think that's why Williams has nipped ahead of him in that sense. But otherwise he's perfectly competent.

You'd know more than me, but whenever I've seen him there he looked very willing to get up and down. Scored a greater header from right back in the league cup and didn't he set another goal up some time? Might have been a friendly.

You'd know more than me, but whenever I've seen him there he looked very willing to get up and down. Scored a greater header from right back in the league cup and didn't he set another goal up some time? Might have been a friendly.

Our fullbacks typically run 11+ km per game with a huge number of sprints (Robbo is 3rd overall in sprints in the league, I think). You need a certain type of physique for that, the extra muscle mass that's so useful for CB is a hindrance there. Just look at Trent, Robbo, Tsimikas and Neco – all lean, skinny runners. Sure, Hoever can do it in an odd game, but I don't think he could play like this all the time.

Last edited:
Our fullbacks typically run 11+ km per game with a huge number of sprints (Robbo is 3rd overall in sprints in the league, I think). You need a certain type of physique for that, the extra muscle mass that's so useful for CB is a hindrance there. Just look at Trent, Robbo, Tsimikas and Neco – all lean, skinny runners. Sure, Hoever can do it in an odd game, but I don't think he could play like this all the time.

Yeah I get that. But I wouldn't exactly say Hoever is a tank.

According to the Echo Trent has a minor injury and has stayed at Melwood for treatment. Will be ready for the Community Shield.

the-competition-winning-team-back-row-joe-gomez-billy-koumetio-and-picture-id1266819669

Klopp was asked to comment on Neco Williams signing his new contract and he was gushing with praise. Said he "trains like a machine" and is improving at a really fast pace. Interesting bit of info that Neco was unlucky that he got a knock in training just before he was supposed to get his minutes at the end of the season, so his physical level dropped for a week or two and he struggled a bit, like in the first half against Newcastle. But he still gave mostly a good account of himself while playing through the injury. Williams is very, very highly regarded by the coaches and will definitely get his share of minutes as part of rotation with Trent next season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom