• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Betting Pre-season bets.........

Prefix for Betting Threads
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pesam

Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Premiership...... tough to call, my immediate fancy would be Chelsea but there are weaknesses. I don't fancy United for the same reason as last season i.e. too reliant on Rooney, City have a shout but probably lack a world class CM, Arsenal won't if the sell Fabregas. We have a chance if the new owners come in and spend.

I'll plump for Chelsea.

Championship......definitely not Leeds, Cardifff or QPR and I've narrowed it down to Middlesbro or Burnley and will go for Burnley on the strength of their bigger transfer kitty in January.

1st Division....I usually look for good value bets so it pains me to admit that I can't see past Southampton, they are strong in every position and should win the league easily, although 9/4 is a crazily short price.

2nd Division...Shrewsbury for me, they've made some very astute signings in, Sharps, Ainsworth and Wright and they should have more money to spend in January if they need an extra push for promotion.

Chelsea
Burnley
Southampton
Shrewsbury
Celtic

Celtic? Really?

Think Rangers will do it myself.

Blackpool at almost evens to finish bottom is worth a look too.

[quote author=Paddy link=topic=41246.msg1147216#msg1147216 date=1280788373]
Celtic? Really?

Think Rangers will do it myself.

Blackpool at almost evens to finish bottom is worth a look too.
[/quote]

Paddy, as long as Lennon doesn't prat around with his forward line then Gary Hooper will tear the SPL defences apart. Also, Ledley is a good signing and Daryl Murphy will be decent in this division.

Rangers have lost Novo, Boyd, Thompson and Wilson and Peter Weir is still their defensive lynchpin at 40 which makes them more vulnerable. Celtic are rightly favourites and as long as lennon picks the right players they should coast it.

If Hooper stays fit and gets picked he'll score 30 this season!

And the young right winger they have, Forrest, looks pretty handy too

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=41246.msg1147832#msg1147832 date=1280869523]
[/quote]

Don't know anything about Forrest tbh, but as I said before if Hooper plays he scores (2 goals in 2 starts so far) and he will be sold to the EPL for £10 - £15mish within 18 months!

Darren Bent to be top Sunderland scorer 4/5-----Buying money if he stays injury free.
Rickie Lambert to be League 1 top scorer 5/1----Incredible goalscorer at this level and each way certainty.
QPR to gain promotion 3/1----Warnock will get the best out this decent squad and with Adel Taarabt who is probably the best footballer in the Championship they can gain promotion easy.

[quote author=Pesam link=topic=41246.msg1148604#msg1148604 date=1280999612]
[quote author=Rosco link=topic=41246.msg1147832#msg1147832 date=1280869523]
[/quote]

Don't know anything about Forrest tbh, but as I said before if Hooper plays he scores (2 goals in 2 starts so far) and he will be sold to the EPL for £10 - £15mish within 18 months!
[/quote]

I saw some of the Emirates Cup games, first time I'd seen Hooper and he looks like a decent finisher. Not sure how he'd fare in the Premiership though.

Forrest looked pretty good too, reasonably quick and strong right winger who looks like he can cross.

And the new Mexican fella they signed has a cannon for a left foot.

My seasonal bets (made in August) aren't looking too shabby right now..

Mourinho's Madrid to win the CL -£10 for a £49 profit
Bellamy's Cardiff for promotion - £10 for £27 profit
Liverpool top 6 Finish - £100 for £42 profit
Torres Prem Top Goal Scorer - £50 for £410 profit

Bar Liverpool/Torres' slow start to the season everythings looking pretty good for me with plenty of time to all fall into place..

[quote author=JimmyK link=topic=41246.msg1223649#msg1223649 date=1290684512]

Bar Liverpool/Torres' slow start to the season everythings looking pretty good for me with plenty of time to all fall into place..
[/quote]

"not too shabby"

They don't exactly look to great to be honest. Torres has a very small chance of being top scorer as we never attack in away games and we still aren't certain of top 6 due to so many teams playing well at the moment.

[quote author=Bristow link=topic=41246.msg1224064#msg1224064 date=1290768158]
[quote author=JimmyK link=topic=41246.msg1223649#msg1223649 date=1290684512]

[/quote]

"not too shabby"

They don't exactly look to great to be honest. Torres has a very small chance of being top scorer as we never attack in away games and we still aren't certain of top 6 due to so many teams playing well at the moment.
[/quote]

I see where you're coming from but he was only 4 shy of top place before Berbatov raped Blackburn.. Despite us being wank and him being injured he's kept himself in the mix.. So when we progress up the table as we move up a gear he'll be banging them in. That's what i'm telling my optimistic self. I haven't any doubts on us reaching the top 6 and Cardiff are on course for promotion. Madrid have been performing well in the CL.. albeit in the group stages..

Quietly confident.

I love Betfair and the trading opportunites available. Before the start of the season I suggested QPR and Cardiff would not win the league. That was before Cardiff signed Bellamy, Koumas & Olofinjana and before QPR signed Taraabt, Mackie and Smith. These 2 teams are now big winners for me and my losers would be Derby, Leicester, Sheff Utd, Norwich & Reading.

In the first division I have no losers but my potential profits on any of the 24 teams are minimal.

In the 2nd division I am green (Green is potential profit on betfair and red is a potential loss) on everyone for a reasonable amount and a big green still on Shrewsbury although I'm trading that down this week to balance the book a bit better.

I backed Liverpool at 300/1 about a month ago and traded back at 90/1 after we won 4 in a row. I've ended up with a £5 liability on everyone else or £1,300 if we win the league - this bet is unlikely to prevail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom