• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - West Ham (A) - Sun 16:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brizzle

Match thread starter
The unbeaten run continues, we have some key. returners (Matip, Thiago, Fabinho) and some new injuries (Firmino). Important game against a dangerous opponent.

-------------Alisson------------
Trent--Matip--VVD--Robbo
--------------Fabs---------------
---------Hendo---Thiago------
Salah------Jota-------Mane

The team basically picks itself this week, although i'd rather keep Robbo rested and give the greek a go.

No more Konate experiments until he's actually needed. Play the available players in the league.

I want a Fabs, Hendo and Thiago midfield.

I would be tempted to give Tsimikas another start. So pleased with his progress after being "non-existent" last season.

From the article @Hass shared here:
[article]Kostas Tsimikas certainly gave his manager food for thought ahead of Sunday’s trip to West Ham United after Andy Robertson was rested. The Greece international continues to grow in stature. No one made more key passes (four) or gained possession on more occasions (seven), while he boasted a pass completion rate of 83 per cent.[/article]

I really hope Salah's selfishness doesn't carry over to this game. He can be as selfish as he wants when we're up 2 or 3 nil.

If this is the last game before international break (is it?), I'd go with Matip again. He'll have a break while the rest fly around the world. I'd be keen on sticking with the Greek lad since Robbo has dropped off a bit. The rest will do him good and being out of the team might give him a kick in the arse.

There’s got to be a link between Robertsons form and Manes, with what looks like an upturn in Manes form will we see the same with Robertson?

Again, I haven't seen a replay of the match, but every time we lost possession it seemed to be the fault of a certain number 8.

Kostas is now definitely a serious contender to Robbo. Way it should be. Think though the Boss will go back to Robbo for WH. Midfield control will be important so I'd go with the preferred 3..Hendo, Fab and Thiago but The Ox is in with a shout as well.

Could be a close one. 0-1 for me.

Yeah, Matip needs to start in this one. Hopefully a weeks rest was good for Robbo.

Thiago, Fab and Hendo in midfield. Although Thiago looked rusty so maybe the fact that Ox actually played well last night makes Klopp start him.

Ox did play well, which can only be good for us as we need all the options we can get. Thiago was stupidly sloppy. I know he has just come back and Ox suffered similarly when he returned, but Thiago has form for moments of stupidity and switching off. We can't give up possession so easily against the Hammers.

Ox did play well, which can only be good for us as we need all the options we can get. Thiago was stupidly sloppy. I know he has just come back and Ox suffered similarly when he returned, but Thiago has form for moments of stupidity and switching off. We can't give up possession so easily against the Hammers.

Thiago also has form for completely running the show from the middle. Ox does not. We need Thiago back in the team after recent games where we have completely folded even when ahead.

Indeed, but maybe a 30-35 min cameo is better this weekend. 2 weeks training during the international break and then starting against Arsenal at home.

Ox is defo less of a risk when Fabinho is back, so that balance could work. But it is based on Thiago's fitness rather than any redeeming qualities of Ox in midfield, which we haven't seen since the 18/19 CL run.

I wasnt saying Ox is better, Thiago is a fabulous player. One is playing into form and fitness, the other is clearly soneway off playing 90 minutes away at one of the in-form teams.

Sometime in the 2nd when Thiago gave the ball away, it was painful seeing him try to run back. He doesn't look like he is match fit at all. I'll be surprised to see him starting this.

I really hope Salah's selfishness doesn't carry over to this game. He can be as selfish as he wants when we're up 2 or 3 nil.

Was he selfish last night? I missed the game.

Otherwise, I think he has been less selfish than ever this season and assists numbers back it up.

Thiago also has form for completely running the show from the middle. Ox does not. We need Thiago back in the team after recent games where we have completely folded even when ahead.

Tiago always seems to need some to time to get back to the speed. Hopefully 30 min was enough. When he is good, he is very, very good.

West Ham put out a strong team last night. That's a 2 day turn around for them playing back to back away games. If we start sharp as we have in recent games we may find them a little bit off the pace. I'd be tempted to keep Thiago on the bench unless he is 100%, unfortunately both he and Fabinho seem to take about 2 or 3 weeks to get up to speed after an injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom