• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre match thread: Liverpool v Hull

Status
Not open for further replies.

doctor_mac

My cowboy name is Garland Justice
This is an absolutely massive game for us. MASSIVE. We've proven we love to mix it with the big boys and teams that want to play football against us, but the question mark is still there in respect of our capacity to deal with teams whose only aim is to get men behind the ball and hope for a break or a set piece. We know Hull will come and try and do this.

Victories against Hull and Swansea and it is officially time to allow yourself to fan the flames of the hope in your heart.

How should we approach it?

Last edited:
With Sturridge leading the line.

Mignolet
Milner
Matip
Lovren
Clyne

Henderson
Wijnaldum
Lallana

Firmino or Coutinho
Sturridge
Mane

Tough choices for Klopp.

Firmino and Coutinho did really well yesterday.

Who gets left out? I'm thinking Sturridge.

------------------Mignolet

Clyne-----Lovren-----Matip------Milner

------Lallana----Hendo----Wijnaldum

-----Mané------Firmino----Coutinho

Yep no doubt about it this game is HUGE. On paper it should be a fucking cake walk but as we all know........ I fancy Studge to slot a couple. 2-0

Tough choices for Klopp.

Firmino and Coutinho did really well yesterday.

Who gets left out? I'm thinking Sturridge.

------------------Mignolet

-----Mané------Firmino----Coutinho
Nope. Sturridge must play imo.

Whilst I get the logic of playing Firmino & Coutinho, cos they can unlock defences, they both get loads more time, space & opportunity to do that if Sturridge plays as his running & threat forces the defence to stretch constantly.

I also think (if my memory isn't failing me, I've not checked stats) that Firmino seems to play much more effectively with Sturridge on the pitch.

Nope. Sturridge must play imo.

Whilst I get the logic of playing Firmino & Coutinho, cos they can unlock defences, they both get loads more time, space & opportunity to do that if Sturridge plays as his running & threat forces the defence to stretch constantly.

I also think (if my memory isn't failing me, I've not checked stats) that Firmino seems to play much more effectively with Sturridge on the pitch.
I agree, Sturridge needs to play. I'm just not so sure that Klopp will start him.
No one deserves to be left out and I'm not sure Coutinho or Firmino can do a job in midfield.

I agree, Sturridge needs to play. I'm just not so sure that Klopp will start him.
No one deserves to be left out and I'm not sure Coutinho or Firmino can do a job in midfield.
For me it's not so difficult, Firmino is performing consistently & effectively, & has done so alongside our best striker, so he gets the first team spot.

Hull Smull, I hope we batter them.

Phil Brown, Mike Phelan and Steve Bruce have managed this shower. Then again so have Jan Molby and Nicky Barmby, wtf.

------------------Karius---------------

-----Mané------Sturridge----Coutinho

Firmino to miss out due to his 'knock', why drop a keeper who's just kept a clean sheet?

If Firmino isn't fit, then it makes the outfield team selection very easy:

Clyne - Lovren - Matip - Milner

Lallana - Henderson - Wijnaldum

Mane - Sturridge - Coutinho

Or some combination of the above.

If he is, then there's a biq question to ask regarding Coutinho, but any answer should have Sturridge in it.

As for the goalkeepers, that is intriguing. Klopp says he will make his decision based on training, but I suspect most fans would choose Karius, although it could be argued that dropping Mignolet now, based on the season so far, would be a little harsh. Certainly nobody would be suggesting it if the the alternative options were Bogdan, Bard Jones or Mignolet.

If Firmino isn't fit, then it makes the outfield team selection very easy:

Clyne - Lovren - Matip - Milner

Lallana - Henderson - Wijnaldum

Mane - Sturridge - Coutinho

Or some combination of the above.

If he is, then there's a biq question to ask regarding Coutinho, but any answer should have Sturridge in it.

As for the goalkeepers, that is intriguing. Klopp says he will make his decision based on training, but I suspect most fans would choose Karius, although it could be argued that dropping Mignolet now, based on the season so far, would be a little harsh. Certainly nobody would be suggesting it if the the alternative options were Bogdan, Bard Jones or Mignolet.
Mignolet for Mignolet, eh? :)
Karius has to start. He's quicker, more aggressive, cleverer, better distributor and ultra confident.
The only thing I don't know is if he's a great shot stopper or not.
For a game like this, I wouldn't mind a midfield triangle of Hendo, Lallana and Coutinho with the obvious 3 up front. Super attacking, maybe too much, but at least we'd be able to do what we haven't for ages which is breaking down teams that sit back.

No one is saying he's 'out'. I just think he may drop to the bench for this one. I could be and probably am wrong though.
Oh, well then, I am absolutely certain he won't be dropped unless he's injured/knackered. Been our most influential player thus far.

Has Sturridge returned to traininig yet?
I'd be tempted to go same team as against Chelsea but Firmino deserves to start if fit. Good to have some options though, for a change.

So basically, most people agree it's between:

Karius v Ming
Sturridge v Firmino

Otherwise same again v Chelsea.

With Sturridge leading the line.

Mignolet
Milner
Matip
Lovren
Clyne

Henderson
Wijnaldum
Lallana

Firmino or Coutinho
Sturridge
Mane

This apart from Karius for Mignolet. That's the way things are heading so why wait for Mignolet to make another howler before making the change?

This is an absolutely massive game for us. MASSIVE. We've proven we love to mix it with the big boys and teams that want to play football against us, but the question mark is still there in respect of our capacity to deal with teams whose only aim is to get men behind the ball and hope for a break or a set piece. We know Hull will come and try and do this.

Victories against Hull and Swansea and it is officially time to allow yourself to fan the flames of the hope in your heart.

How should we approach it?
Doc - you have said everything right - the next two games are indeed MASSIVE for us and if we draw or lose either of them then to be honest this season i won't give a shit anymore how well we do against our remaining big boy games because there is not enough points to achieve anything by just beating them. We need to win the next game and i dont care how we just need to win. With this LFC team they need to treat every game like its the game of their lives otherwise they wont be able to beat Hull. For both Hull and Swansea are as good as Man City in terms of danger especially afternthe Burnley game.

-------------------------------Mignolet-----------------------------
----Clyne------Matip---------------------Lovren-------Milner---
----------------------------Henderson-------------------------------
----------------Lallana--------------------Coutinho----------------
------Mane---------------------------------------------Firmino--------
----------------------------Sturridge------------------------------------

We'll shit 'em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom