• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Shrewbury (H) - Sun 14:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange Robbo started, let alone playing 90 mins.

4-1 job done. Into next round.

When's the fucking draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw.

Why couldn’t Fabs have finished that chance against City like that one?

He shouldn’t have turned around then when he shot and just waited for the crowd noise that’d have been Bobby.

That would have been old Fun Bobbie - he died.

All that remains of Old Fun Bobbie in the New Fun Bobbie clone... is the teeth - they’re indestructible and transplantable.

4:1 - not bad for a team comprised of the shit, uninspiring youngsters up front and protected by the ghost of Van Dijk at the back.

Seriously though, once Minamino and Firmino came on, we were in complete control. Jones looked better playing in midfield than on the LW. Solid game from Morton. Impressed with Kaide Gordon in his 2nd official game - he was our bright spark in attack in the first half.

Among the negatives, Konate had a poor, sloppy game and Bradley was too easily beaten for a couple of crosses from the right.

Bradley, I can forgive but Konaté seems still not to have sussed out that you leave nothing to chance at the back. He could easily have prevented that opening goal. The other sprogs were alright.

4:1 - not bad for a team comprised of the shit, uninspiring youngsters up front and protected by the ghost of Van Dijk at the back.

Seriously though, once Minamino and Firmino came on, we were in complete control. Jones looked better playing in midfield than on the LW. Solid game from Morton. Impressed with Kaide Gordon in his 2nd official game - he was our bright spark in attack in the first half.

Among the negatives, Konate had a poor, sloppy game and Bradley was too easily beaten for a couple of crosses from the right.
Yep. Rurik nailed it all. Morton has a great future once he bulks up.

And Fabs MotM of course, and not just for those two goals. He really got stuck in, in MF.

I missed most of the game, played Sunday league (now that my back is fixed).

How did the kids do?

I missed most of the game, played Sunday league (now that my back is fixed).

How did the kids do?

Woltman - barely any service, couldn’t compete for headers, had one shot in the penalty area blocked. Subbed for Taki at half-time.

Gordon - the one bright spark in attack in the first half, you can see he actually wants to score, not just faffle about on the wing. Started to get tired around 60 min mark.

Dixon-Bonner - looked lost at RCM, but improved playing on the left wing after a tactical rejig in the 2nd half. Missed a sitter.

Morton - not sure he qualifies as a kid at this point, solid midfield performance. Had a long-range shot blocked for a corner.

Bradley - looked physically outmatched by the Shrews LW he was playing against; beaten too easily for a couple of dangerous crosses including the one that was converted for a goal. Kept at it though and produced an assist for Gordon and a secondary assist for Bobby.

Frauendorf - came on for Gordon for the last 20 mins, some decent interplay on the right wing. Looks like an unfussy, professional type.

Last edited:
Should be noted that Klopp said Gordon is also coming back from Covid and has only had two training sessions to get up to speed.

Jones might have been out with Covid as well, but I thought he was really disapointing.
In a game like this you’d expect him to stand out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom