• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre match - Preston Away (League cup)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be instructive to see Sepp play against his teammates, but surely we could have weakened them by not allowing it. Speaks to our priorities I guess.

Yet you decided to make a post about it.
Yep I'm not 1 of those who follows stereotypes, especially 1 where if you don't care about something you ignore it and say nothing.

If I don't care about something I'll make sure everyone knows :)

It will be instructive to see Sepp play against his teammates, but surely we could have weakened them by not allowing it. Speaks to our priorities I guess.
I think seeing if Sepp can play a role in our team is just as useful as beating Preston

Interesting. He hasn't impressed me when I've seen him playing for us, but apparently they all rate him there.

Hope it doesn't turn out like it did when we allowed Blackburn to pick Markus Babbel against us and he ended up crocking somebody.
I believe he has been playing as a marauding wing back at Preston

Interesting. He hasn't impressed me when I've seen him playing for us, but apparently they all rate him there.

Hope it doesn't turn out like it did when we allowed Blackburn to pick Markus Babbel against us and he ended up crocking somebody.
It’s a stupid decision - he shouldn’t be allowed to play.

Crazy for Adrian if he doesn't get the nod, although i'd much rather see Pitaluga in there.

Wait till you take a look at the squad we submitted to the Premier League and see who the 4th choice keeper is.

He might make the bench for this one.

The horror of seeing Adrian start will be more than matched by the horror of who might come on and replace him..

Might be a strange comment coming from me, but I hope we beat Preston and get Sunderland away.
Would be nice to see Henderson at his old stomping grounds.

Might be a strange comment coming from me, but I hope we beat Preston and get Sunderland away.
Would be nice to see Henderson at his old stomping grounds.
I just want to see us win with no injuries

Preston do not appear to be in a good place now. 17th in the Championship and their fans want the manager gone. He's on Ole time.

That said, it shouldn't matter to us either Sepp plays. If out kids can't win they aren't good enough.

So does this confirm that Matip has lost his place to Konate?
Not really, Matip was always playing today.

Konate needs game time as well, we did buy the guy for 35 odd mill so it's nice for us to see him from time to time.

Not really, Matip was always playing today.

Konate needs game time as well, we did buy the guy for 35 odd mill so it's nice for us to see him from time to time.
Yeah I get that, but why the Man U game and not this one?

Liverpool academy starlet Harvey Blair is rumoured to be starting for the Reds in their Carabao Cup match against Preston North End on Wednesday night.

The Huddersfield-born winger joined Liverpool in 2015 at U12 level from rivals Manchester United.

Now 18, Blair is starting to progress through the ranks after he signed his first professional contract with the club in October last year, shortly after his 17th birthday.

He was promoted to the U18 set-up for 2020/21 and started his first-year scholarship, but last season was hampered by injury and persistent hamstring and ankle problems.

He made just four appearances and scored two goals in the U18 Premier League last term, so far this season he's made five league appearances and scored one goal.

U18 manager Marc Bridge-Wilkinson named Blair as a 'player to watch' this season, provided he can stay fit.

He told the ECHO in August: "Harvey Blair is another one: if they stay injury-free and we can get them on the pitch, they can start to show people what they are about."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom