1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
    Dismiss Notice
Why Not Register?

It only takes a few minutes to register on SixCrazyMinutes

Click Here

Pre Match - Milan (H) - Wed 15th - 20:00

Discussion in 'The Football Forum' started by Brizzle, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squiggles

Squiggles Very Well-Known Member

That assist is one of the best things he's done in a Liverpool shirt. We all know Origi can finish, but his overall application and build up play was shocking. The return to a more rounded performance last night was arguably better than him getting a goal.

He also had a decent run down the left flank before being clearly fouled.

mark1975 likes this.
  2. Frogfish

Frogfish Gone to Redcafe Member

Alexander-Arnold made 15 passes, nine of them – yes, nine – crosses into the box. On the other side Robertson produced six of his own. That makes 15 crosses in 30 minutes of football, a cross every 90 seconds the ball was active. One can dwell on weaknesses. But this is also to miss the beauty, the power and the sheer brilliance of this kind of attacking pressure.

darkstarexodus and peekay like this.
  3. Donavan Ried

Donavan Ried Alive and still kicking, Just Member

Off the bat, Mane.. I know at present he has not been great, but he is a lot better than Origi, and yes same can be said about Jones and Minamino.
    Yes, give him his due Origi played a subline pass to Salah for one of his Salah. But are you really saying that we hold on to him for the one little contribution he has made in the last season and this one. Both Jones and Minamino has contributed in all aspects of the games than Ogiri

That has been the main trouble with us (LFC) we hold on the players when they fail to cut it any more for far too long like Daniel Sturridge who we should have sold three seasons before he went.
    But in truth I would sooner have Sturridge with all his faults playing up front than Origi

4. FreshRed

FreshRed Well-Known Member

Not sure Origi’s game last night justifies keeping him, but we have him. If last night’s effort and performance can be repeated, we might as well use him.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
    mark1975 likes this.
  5. KopRed

KopRed Well-Known Member

Origi played well yesterday. It felt like Klopp was giving him a chance to impress the european teams, and he was more eager than usual.

Regardless of where he ends up eventually, he is a good player when he bothers to apply himself properly. Let's hope his form continues to be good, i'll much rather see him starting and playing in this form than Ox and Takumi.

6. Fallon

Fallon Very Active Member

Kicking around on a piece of ground in my hometown
    I'd say it was pretty relevant as he was the player who was operating that left channel more than anyone else, with Jota being central for most of the game. The overall point being that Milan's defenders did well for the most part on that side.

I don't feel the need to make "exsuses" for him as I don't think he needs defending. Every player goes through spells on occasion, and most eventually come through it ok. Bobby has had 2 or 3 times where he didn't look like he would score, but he still provided something to the team, and the same is largely true of Mane. Last season was a disappointment, by his own standards, and I'm sure he'd be the first to acknowledge that. Having said that it was an unusual year, and he unfortunately did have to deal with Covid, but he still beat the output of many a player in the league within the position. Heung Min Son aside, who enjoyed an exceptional year but is normally offering a similar return to Mane's last season, he equalled or bettered ever other left attacking player in the Prem.

So, sorry, I don't agree that there's particularly anything to worry about yet. I certainly don't think there's anything to go overboard on, which seems to be the M.O you approach a lot of subjects with. There's many things to be disgruntled with at the club, but most of them are not with the first team or coaching staff.
    I also disagree with the cover that is needed, in that I think it's Firmino who needs a player to challenge his position as 9/10, as I think Jota (although he can play as a striker too) is very much seen as the player to rival Mane for the wide left position.

For all of that said, I would never be opposed to finding 'The next'. Having seem him on a couple of occasions, including last night, I'd concur with Hyena that Rafael Leao is very much worth keeping an eye on for that position. You want a technical player who can beat a player with speed and strength, then he may be where to look.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
  7. The Nomad

The Nomad Well-Known Member

Peter Schmeichel of all people, said Wednesdays atmosphere was the best he's ever heard. Anywhere.

Tinto likes this.
  8. Donavan Ried

Depend on how you view his performance...
    I though he was very good (For Origi, that is) for the first 20-25 mins...Made real effort to close down Defenders, won the ball back on occassion, looked as if he was a goal treat, before the slowly started to reverting back to type, and the form; most part (accept the flick to salah) Look like the Origi we have become accustomed to

People here are saying that he needs more game time and does not get it...
    Ask yourself the reason why...and why it is Klopp does not play him, or give him that time.

Had Frimno or Elliot been availble I doubt we would have seen him

9. Donavan Ried

Thank you...
    I respect what you have said here. Sometimes I can come accross as If I do not see, or take in others opinions, or points of view. I will own that. It's me....
    I tend to feel that is how I am treated sometimes, and feel that I have to defend my opinions. Again that is not anyones fualt but my ownI can come over as a type of Victor Meldrew...

I will try harder to do better...
    Again Thank you

Stevesquash likes this.
  10. FreshRed

FreshRed Well-Known Member

But Frim and Elliott were not available = might as well use him.

11. Donavan Ried

Unfortunately Yes :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.