• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Brighton (A) - Weds 20:15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brizzle

Match thread starter
Next game coming at us quickly. We know a couple of things for sure - Bobby & Jordan will definitely start!

I wouldn't be surprised to see one of Mo or Mane rotated but no idea who could fill a spot with them... I would expect to see the 'usual' midfield three of Fabs, Jordan & Gini.

We do really need to be using these games to get some players learning the system, especially Minamino and some of the youngsters. I wouldn't be against the 'risk' of starting Elliot.

Simon

Whilst Brighton aren’t mathematically safe i think they can relax. No way any of the bottom 4 will catch them. I wouldn’t be against a semi experimental team to bring in Jones, Minimino, Elliot and Williams.

I’m going conservative and predicting a 4-0 win.

............................... Alisson

Williams ...... Gomez ........... VvD .......... TAA

.............................. Fabinho

............... Hendo ..................... Keita

Mo ....................... Firmino ................ Mane

Game Time : Robbo, Gini, Jones, Minamino, Elliot.

Start the best 11, which picks itself. Bring the others on when we're hopefully winning. Unless they're physically not capable of starting.

Klopp seems to use a maximum of 2 kids per game. So basically the two "extra" subs are for the kids.

Don't actually care that much about who plays, but it would be nice to see Neco start and Trent in midfield. There is no better time to experiment.

I think Brighton game has the potential for something similar to the Saints-City game - they are a pretty good football-playing side and without pressure of a result will probably have a real go at us, so we must be ready. Midfield will be key and I think I would go for the most hard-working and athletic 3 with Fabs-Hendo-Wijnaldum. Mo looked not totally fresh last night; how about giving Elliott a start in his place? Hopefully he will respond to signing his first professional contract just like Jones did.

If possible, I would also want to rest Robbo and Trent. We will need their incision against Burnley.

————————Alisson———————
————Gomez————Van Dijk———-
Neco—————Fabinho————--Milner
———-Hendo—————Gini—————
—--Elliott———Firmino———Mane——

BTW I really like Leandro Trossard for Brighton - not for us, but I think he’s just an exemplary winger who makes right decisions almost every time. Our RB will have his hands full.

I don’t get what’s all that about names, so I’ll pass on this.

Last edited:
The only downside to that is a complete rookie right hand side. That may put Klopp off the idea.

The only downside to that is a complete rookie right hand side. That may put Klopp off the idea.

Maybe that will actually help them both since they've played a lot together, so presumably have built an understanding.

With Hendo and Wijnaldum being subbed on during the last game I think they'll both play and Fabinho as well who subbed off early.
Players who might get a rest?
I'm looking at Mane or Salah.
Trent might also sit this one out.

I think Brighton game has the potential for something similar to the Saints-City game - they are a pretty good football-playing side and without pressure of a result will probably have a real go at us, so we must be ready. Midfield will be key and I think I would go for the most hard-working and athletic 3 with Fabs-Hendo-Wijnaldum. Mo looked not totally fresh last night; how about giving Elliott a start in his place? Hopefully he will respond to signing his first professional contract just like Jones did.

If possible, I would also want to rest Robbo and Trent. We will need their incision against Burnley.

————————Alisson———————
————Gomez————Van Dijk———-
Neco—————Fabinho————--Milner
———-Hendo—————Gini—————
—--Elliott———Firmino———Mane——

BTW I really like Leandro Trossard for Brighton - not for us, but I think he’s just an exemplary winger who makes right decisions almost every time. Our RB will have his hands full.

I don’t get what’s all that about names, so I’ll pass on this.

The plus about 'they will probably have a real go at us' would play into our hands big time.

Play our best team then bring on the kids and the fringe players when the result looks in the bag

Milner's days as stand-in LB are surely just about over, so unless we do go and get cover for Robertson, it might be worth trying Williams there in the odd game, especially to begin with as sub if we're doing well. It didn't do the likes of Carra any harm playing on the left in his early days, and if Williams does okay there it would speed up his development while TAA continues down the right.

Anyway, for this game I'd start with a pretty much full strength side. Brighton are fairly confident at present, they're quite a solid unit at home and I think we need to approach this aswe would've done pre-title and begin with the best. If they do the business in the first half then in the second half Shaq owes us a shift (or twenty), Curtis Jones deserves another 30-40 minutes, Elliott could also figure, Williams could get more time and I'd like to see Origi get a boot up the bum and be told to go out there and show he's better than his critics think.

Do you know if Neco ever played at LB in the youth sides macca? I know they tend to play a round a bit with positions at youth level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom