• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Benfica (h) - CL QF - Wed 20:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I was really impressed. He seems to have everything you want in a PL centre forward, and he's the perfect age too.

We should defo go for him.

I don't know if it's just a superficial resemblance, but he reminds me of a young Zlatan. He's certainly got an imperious confidence and that multi-dimensional striking game. Hopefully he's not a total Zlatan though.

I don't know if it's just a superficial resemblance, but he reminds me of a young Zlatan. He's certainly got an imperious confidence and that multi-dimensional striking game. Hopefully he's not a total Zlatan though.

Yeah I dunno. Maybe a Dzeko but with pace?

Which is basically what a world class CF would look like anyway I suppose.

Former Liverpool defender Jose Enrique on the Champions League semi-final against Villarreal: "I will definitely head to watch the match in Villarreal. It is about 45 minutes drive from where I live now and I know [former Liverpool, now Villarreal, full-back] Alberto Moreno well.
"But I told him not to get me tickets because I know they will be at the Villarreal end and I want them in the Liverpool end! I spent five years in Liverpool and everyone knows they are my team.
"Villarreal are going to be tough. Unai Emery knows how to play these kind of games – he has won four Europa Leagues and played many times in the Champions League. It is not going to be easy, the semi-finals of the Champions League never are."

Former Liverpool defender Jose Enrique on the Champions League semi-final against Villarreal: "I will definitely head to watch the match in Villarreal. It is about 45 minutes drive from where I live now and I know [former Liverpool, now Villarreal, full-back] Alberto Moreno well.
"But I told him not to get me tickets because I know they will be at the Villarreal end and I want them in the Liverpool end! I spent five years in Liverpool and everyone knows they are my team.
"Villarreal are going to be tough. Unai Emery knows how to play these kind of games – he has won four Europa Leagues and played many times in the Champions League. It is not going to be easy, the semi-finals of the Champions League never are."

Bring Louis along and a pitcher of Sangria for the party!

RIP as you say. Is it just how it seems to me, or is there actually an increasing number of fans being taken ill (or worse) at games?

On the subject of Moreno, apparently he's done his ACL so we won't get to see him up against Mo Salah. Pity, that.

RIP as you say. Is it just how it seems to me, or is there actually an increasing number of fans being taken ill (or worse) at games?
I think there's just more focus on it now. Previously those kind of incidents were left to the St John's Ambulance, and fans were quietly taken away for treatment, probably making it worse.

Now they halt the game, call the team doctors over and don't move them until stable.

The best thing about the match was I was really busy and a mate of mine got in touch to say his nephew was over from Ireland and although it was really unlikely if I heard about a pair of tickets etc. So I phoned my mate who I sit next to and said are you arsed, and he said no, so we gave this mate and his nephew our tickets, and we kept getting texts all night about what an amazing time they were having and how it was the best night in this kid's life. We'd have only been sat there half watching the footy half moaning about gout. Tickets should always end up with kids who think they've just won the Willy Wonka lottery
I can’t be arsed on here anymore but this is worth replying to. You are a fucking beautiful human for exactly these kinds of stories! Love it.

It's a miracle that we made top four last season when you look at that table.
And here we are, just over a year later, in the Champions League semi final and favourites to go all the way in the competition.

Absolutely.

On this Hillsborough anniversary day this post also reminds me of the extraordinary run we went on in the league that season when, having been 19 - that's NINETEEN - points off the lead at one stage, we actually got to the top of the league, only to lose it to the Arse in that nightmare game at Anfield. The lesser disaster of 1989 by a very long way, but a disaster all the same.

YNWA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom